Respected Contributor

Re: Exterminator Scheduled-Advice Needed

[ Edited ]

spraying had to be postponed due to rain! but the company is one with the option of not using chemicals so i am relieved to hear that.

still would like it better if they only had to spray outside and not inside, but they said they have to.  

i am still planning to not be in the place until it all dries. im going shopping. 

this place is very nice and not sure how the issue developed.  not a hoarder, not a dirty place, clean and bright.  

thank you to all that replied!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear   Are they going to put anything out for the mice?  If not, you should call your landlord and insist that they do that when they come.  To me, mice are a much worse problem than bugs, although both are bad.  Spraying doesn't affect mice at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

The exterminator is going to put glue mice traps around! I asked about that too. Hoping that will work!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

The exterminator is going to put glue mice traps around! I asked about that too. Hoping that will work!

@FlowerBear   I wish they weren't going to use glue mice traps.  You will find live mice stuck to the glue and struggling.  It's inhumane.  They need to put poison (not to you, but to mice) in boxes in hidden places in your home like cabinets and air vents.  Call to discuss this with them.  I'm sure they're able to do that.  They will keep the mice away for about five years.

The mice eat the poison and take it back to the nest where they then die.  They don't die in your house.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack   thank you for this info. that is just awful to hear.Cat Frustratedi didnt know. def something I am going to discuss with them!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@phluphy - I'm in SC, land of bugs, spiders, palmetto bugs, ugh

Honored Contributor

If a mouse is in a wall after eating the poison, it could die inside the wall.  Eek!

I prefer mousetraps with a dab of peanut butter on them. 

Make sure all openings around your foundations, Windows, screens, doors are fixed or caulked to prevent them from getting in. Those that have Central A/C, make sure the electric wiring usually surrounded by a downspout is sealed at the bottom with expandable foam. Mice can climb the wiring & get into your attic. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

We used to have exterminator twice a year since we live near woods, use mulch around house. We use one that uses natural products- one of his customers is zoo.
We prepared by pulling everything on floor in closets out and furniture that was easily moved away from wall. Also emptied vanity bottoms. That lets him spray around interior perimeter. He sprays around toilets and pipes. Only kitchen cabinet I empty is kitchen sink unit. He sprays exterior and that includes window sills and basement and garage (areas that he can get to!)
He did spray baseboards. I left mopping for a few days. I felt safe. Understand your concerns. It’s so time consuming to prepare - need to purge more!