Respected Contributor

Never buy them and I'll add to that - I've always refused to get any repairs done at car dealerships and a recent experience reinforced that .   

My RAV-4 had 5 years of free state inspections and 5 years free tire rotation and oil changes.  At my last free oil change they said I needed new brakes and they'd have time to do them while I waited.  I declined - my Virginia yearly state inspection was the following month and figured it'd fail - it passed.   When inspector handed me my keys I told him what dealer said.  He said brake shoes and rotor still meet the specs for passing but would prob not pass next year.  Said prob about 10-11 months from now I should be looking for brake specials and get it done before next inspection.  Sorry Toyota - that dishonesty lost you any possible chance I'd ever use your services - and just one of the reasons dealerships get a bad reputation. 

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

My RAV-4 had 5 years of free state inspections 

Sorry Toyota - that dishonesty lost you any possible chance I'd ever use your services - and just one of the reasons dealerships get a bad reputation. 

@Financialgrl  WOW!  Makes me glad I'm a FORD gal.  They have always treated me good.  They even washed my old car after every repair & now wash my new FORD after a "service" call!

In N.J. State inspections are FREE & every 2 yrs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Those are scam calls.  I get them on my cell phone 5 or 6 times a week.    

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree I agree.  I get them for cars I don't own anymore and haven't for years.   My husband used to work at a dealership.  Sales... and believe me they make a lot of money on those warranties.