Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Reports I am reading say "possible human remains."  Haven't seen a body referenced, considering the strength of the explosion; Police department says "tissue" found may be human.  Certainly not an entire body.

“Tissue.”  Ish. I always think of those who have to recover and clean up horrible situations such as this. 

Respected Contributor

The news conference this afternoon provided updated information.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: Explosion in Nashville

[ Edited ]

The suspect:  A slightly built, unmarried 63-year-old man who is, shall we say, on the modest side of height.

Hope to heck his particular type of crazy (if the suspect is, indeed, the perpetrator of this awful crime) was not precipitated by feelings of inadequacy.

Esteemed Contributor

FBI is suspecting that this was a suicide bomb.

Which is what I pretty much suspected yesterday.

He didn't want to hurt innocent bystanders, which is why he picked early Christmas morning to set off the bomb.

Look to find out that he had been working for AT&T, until recently.

This is my theory.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nashville station WSMV reports that FBI investigators believe that a prime person of interest may have had a 5G technology paranoia,  possibly explaining the AT&T location. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Nashville station WSMV reports that FBI investigators believe that a prime person of interest may have had a 5G technology paranoia,  possibly explaining the AT&T location. 

I can see that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

A T & T is not the leader in 5G technology so I find that theory not very likely but when someone is nuts like the bomber obviously is, anything is possible.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At the latest press conference with the 6 officers who were among the first responders, an officer disclosed that the RV speakers were playing Petula Clark's  Downtown. 

Honored Contributor

Very weird and creepy. That's a major shopping and entertainment street in Nashville. Everything was closed but there are people who live in apartments there over the shops. I've been down there many times. Fabulous hats at Goorin Brothers and there's one of the B.B. King's clubs there.

My speculation is, like others, I think it had to do with the AT&T communications hub. Possibly a result of our infrastructure hack that just happened. The baddies know all our soft spots now.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

The primary suspect was an IT guy and within the last couple of months signed the title to both his home and another house over to a young woman with no cash compensation.  Definitely sounds like a suicide bomber.  Authorities are likening this to the case of Mandalay Bay shooter in Vegas.