Honored Contributor

Explain the container you use for your morning cup of coffee.

My cup for my coffee is shades of blues with a leaf emblem on both sides.  Used it for about 13 years now (already).  Got it in TN on a vacation.  Same time we got other pottery with different leaf emblems on them.  I still display a lot ot those around the house. I love leaves.  To look at and not rake. LOL.  

Whatever your morning beverage is, can you describe it?  Does yours have a story behind it?

Valued Contributor

Re: Explain the container you use for your morning cup of coffee.

Morning coffee is in a Lenox ceramic mug, white with dark greensh blue floral design. Bought from QVC as an LTS, came in sets of 4 and I ordered 3 sets because I break things. They are easy to hold and do very well in the microwave oven--not too hot to hold.

For other morning hot drinks or when I just want a larger mug of coffee, I use a pale beige ceramic mug with a cat drawn on it. I found it on Zulily and it came with a mouse inside, a really well made fabric toy mouse, for the cats. The mug as well as the mouse are  still undamaged after nearly 2 years, the mouse holding up much longer than their other toy mice do (or a real mouse would.)  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I drink coffee from a heavy glass mug (Russian style).   My grandmother also had a samovar (if you preferred tea).

Visual search query image

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal 

Fun question.

I always use something somewhat insulated.  I don't like lukewarm coffee or tea and I take my time drinking it.

I am currently using a metal Pioneer Woman white mug with flowers and butterflies.   It also has a lid.  

My mother in law has used the same mug for years.   Its like stoneware or crockery and it has a crack in it but doesn't leak.  She has dozens of others, but will only use that one.

Honored Contributor

I like to sip my coffee slow and did not finish in 1 sitting

i used a Yeti insulated cup

not the most attractive but an hr later - still HOT

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal I love some of these interesting, random questions people come up with here...

Morning beverage, Assam Tea or PG Tips (later coffee...equal opportunity caffeinater here)...

Have a collection of various favorite cups I alternate with, but my two most used, favorite morning cups are two (the same) of what were my mom's Polish Stoneware mugs. Tulip shaped, royal blue/ivory, with seafoam green dots & little blue flowers with a red center.

The other favorites were a gift from a good friend, when I first moved into my home many years ago...it was a set of 4 from Starbucks. Some did craze, and one chipped over the years so I did let go of 2, but still have the other two. Love these. Short, straight sided, round mugs, with a speckled painted abstract in pastel colors, and a rooster on each. They just have always been my perfect morning cup.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always used a pretty ceramic coffee cup. This last year I mostly use one  that I kept from my mother's home after she passed away last December. Mom was a positive person. Her cup says, Too BLESSED to be 

stressed. It is white with blue, yellow, and red flowers but mostly bright yellow.

Respected Contributor

I collect pottery mugs, all different, and I use whichever one suits me on any given day. A dear friend gave me an iron mug holder years ago that I have them displayed on. Some of the mugs were gifts, some I bought during trips, some by local artisans. Whichever mug I choose on any given day allows me to think back on their history as I sip my morning coffee. Knowing these mugs were made by hand and not machine gives me some sort of comfort. I also have mama's Anchor Hocking FireKing mug but don't use it, I just display it so I can remember that she's always with me. I would be horrified if I dropped it. I have a Belleek mug for my afternoon tea.

Honored Contributor

It is a mug and varies w/the holiday and seasons.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

My cup for my coffee is shades of blues with a leaf emblem on both sides.  Used it for about 13 years now (already).  Got it in TN on a vacation.  Same time we got other pottery with different leaf emblems on them.  I still display a lot ot those around the house. I love leaves.  To look at and not rake. LOL.  

Whatever your morning beverage is, can you describe it?  Does yours have a story behind it?

I use a basic clear drinking glass for water. No story behind it.