Honored Contributor

Re: Expecting severe weather overnight

I have a scheduled cleaning today (Thursday).  I called the cleaners Wednesday evening to tell them to come Friday.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Reporting in from Cherokee County, GA..  we've been up since before 4:30am.. so far power has gone out twice, debris everywhere and our poor fence, well the wind has pushed it backwards and we'll be repairing that and calling the fence people (were going to get a new one any way).. Something just crashed on deck.. hold on..  one of the deck shades knocked a bunch of stuff over- this wind is powerful and it's being advised if you don't have to drive, stay in.. scary as hail this morning..

Stay safe all!!!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I'm in North GA also. Just got through getting everything off the front porch and back patio. Expecting high winds and lots of rain here. Hope everyone is ok in the path of this storm. Who would have thought that almost the very end of October and a tropical stom is headed our way? We left the coast, Wilmington Island Ga in 2018 to escape hurricanes. 

@50Mickey Hurricane Sandy hit just before Halloween in 2012 devastating New Jersey and up along the northeast coast.  It took years for the areas hit to recover. 

Honored Contributor

Our fence is down... cedar fence..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach  MSNBC weather person just mentioned situation in Georgia concerning the heavy rain, etc.  

Sorry about your cedar fence.  Glad you sound as though you are safe and able to cope.  He mentioned the storm was moving fast.  

DC has rain since very early this a.m. with heaviest wind and rain to  hit here circa 3 p.m. aaccording to DC's NBC 's  NewsChannel 4's Chuck Bell.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 I tried to get Bussie to use the bathroom on the leash but so far he ain't going to have it but I'll be calling our vet to see if we can kennel him for a couple days until the fence is replaced or at least stabilized until the fence people can come out- the damage is worse than I thought, another side has started going down.. lots and lots of big limbs and etc all over as we live with woods all around but I had all the close trees taken down a few months ago.  

You stay safe when this weather hits your area too, I almost dread seeing what it all looks like in the light of day.  

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach   Long time since I had a dog but my recollection is when he gets desperate enough he'll go just outide the back door with you holding the leash and might even walk around a little with you.

I hope the daylight doesn't disclose too much more damage.

One of the last rainy, windy spells a few months back a neighbor had her back cedar fence and an old alanthus tree outside of it go down between the ground being saturated and high winds.

Hang in there--the sunshine will come back . . . I am visualizing the best for all of us in the path of this storm.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Keeping everone in thought this Thursday morning.

Be safe.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your prayers last night.  It appears they worked for my area. Lots of rain and wind and we lost power a few times but everything is still in its place.  Still a light rain here but it's ok. 

I hope the others faired as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope gidgetgh checks in soon too.