Honored Contributor

Re: Expecting a bad winter in Florida

Mexican Forecast:

Chili today.

Hot tamale.

Respected Contributor

I live in North Florida and we've had some pretty horrible winters. Teens to 20's for weeks at a time, no sun, and rain sometimes. It might not be as horrible as a bad snow storm but plenty of people from up north have told me it's much colder and miserable feeling because of the humidity. I hate winter. I wish I could go off to some tropical place for the entire winter. 

Guess I'll double up on my lottery tickets, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since I have retired, weather doesn't phase me.  I no longer have to commute to NYC from NJ @ 5 am in the morning and battle rush hours in bad weather or get stranded in NY.  It is calming on a snowy winter's day, it's quiet until you hear the laughter of kids and snow blowers.  At one time, I hated the sound of the blowers and shovels on the sidewalks because, to me, it meant get up and shovel.  We sold our home and live in a condominium which faces NY.  I can look at NYC out my window on a snowy day and think how lucky I am to not have to go there today!   I like winter in the NE and though we don't have perfect weather, I wouldn't trade it!  

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I live in North Florida and we've had some pretty horrible winters. Teens to 20's for weeks at a time, no sun, and rain sometimes. It might not be as horrible as a bad snow storm but plenty of people from up north have told me it's much colder and miserable feeling because of the humidity. I hate winter. I wish I could go off to some tropical place for the entire winter. 

Guess I'll double up on my lottery tickets, lol. 

When we were still working and talking about retiring to Florida we were advised to stay south of aTampa and on the west coast. We are near Sarasota and we do still get frost a few days every winter, but that is all.