Respected Contributor

Re: Evine to become Shop HQ!

[ Edited ]

When their name was changed to EVINE, many thought Kathy Levine had become a major investor. She was a vendor for awhile there. (along with HSN)

Esteemed Contributor

All the shopping channels spend way too much time on one product.  How long does it take to show all the aspects of one product.  That's what makes it so boring.  But they keep repeating and repeating the same things about one product.

Yes, I know, maybe someone was just tuning in..........too bad, they can't reach every single person anyway.

Honored Contributor

Evine/Shop HQ will continue those Invicta cruises! 

I really don't get it, it seems like such a waste of resources.  They will sail on Carnival's Sunrise ship, the end of February 2020, for 4 days.

Respected Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

I like Evine and all at home shopping channels which are televised.

I also believe televised home shopping channels have a very dedicated member market many of which are too busy with life and other responsibilites to go to numerous stores to shop.

Home shopping channels are wonderful for the elderly, disabled, and just  housebound individuals who heavily rely on most TV home shopping channels for most of their purchases, because they do not have the time to  shop since life sometimes make spare leisure time almost impossible.

They prefer to have items delivered to their office or home to try them on in privacy and comfort,  as well as the appreciating the benefit of easy returns .

Also USPS and UPS  carriers will come if called to pick up any item, so yes times have changed and home shopping is a huge blessing for many people of all ages.

I agree that home shopping has a dedicated member market and for a lot of us, it's part habit and brand loyalty for some of our favorite lines that are exclusive to their channels.  However, most at home shopping can be done without watching a televised presentation, i.e. Amazon, Walmart and brand dedicated websites.  Time will tell, and it does seem that despite horrible shipping and customer unappreciation QVC seems to post consistent earnings. 

Respected Contributor

Amazon (the true shopping headquarters) does it also--as do many other online retailers. That's the problem. Evine or whatever, was always third-rate. About 15 years ago, they had nice products that you couldn't get elsewhere. They try to position themselves as higher end. They never made money--except during last year. QVC has managed to survive because they were an early adapter of newer technologies and an older, loyal clientele, many of whom have disposable income.

Amazon is great for so many things. Many have failed trying to compete.  I don't like to see people lose their jobs, so that's one reason I really wouldn't want shophq/evine to go.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the problems with Evine is many people don't know that Evine is a shopping channel. Plus its not in high-def, so its hard to watch. I like Style By Margie and a few other shows, but it seems low-end to me overall. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good grief!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How confusing to their  customers to keep changing the name... that is four name changes in all the years  I have known about them.... makes you wonder if they are grasping for straws and on the brink of bankruptcy

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

One of the problems with Evine is many people don't know that Evine is a shopping channel. Plus its not in high-def, so its hard to watch. I like Style By Margie and a few other shows, but it seems low-end to me overall. 

Evine broadcasts in HD.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I have read that they got an influx of money to operate from Invicta.  My thought is that they will be showing even MORE hours of Invicta watches.  On the other hand, I have had an Invicta watch for at least 15 years that runs beautifully and looks great.  But one is all that I need.