Honored Contributor

Evine returned my return back to me

In all the years I have been buying from HSN, QVC and Evine-I have never had this happen.

I returned a pair of shoes and evine sent them back to me..............I bought them 1 week before their holiday return policy kicked in-my error-the supervisor sounded like he could care less and even gave me the address of where I should write to complain-This is not a good company.

A good company makes a person that has spent thousands of dollars with them and returns hardly anything happy-not angry........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

Re: Evine returned my return back to me

Rules are rules.
"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

It would seem to please  you as a customer they would have made an exception.

I just posted the crazy thing that happened to me with ... only way to say it.  I was looking up my recent purchase history looking for a pair of cargo pants.  I saw a recent purchase that was "delivered."  It was a vest.. with a sherpa collar.  It stopped me cold.  1.  I  NEVER ORDERED IT   2.  I NEVER GOT IT   I called told them that.  I don't like collars on my vests and I don't like the sherpa texture so there was no mistake---- I DID NOT ORDER IT.  

In any case they said it was a phone order... I don't do that either.  AND TO THEIR CREDIT THEY TOOK THE CHARGE OFF MY BILL. AND  BY CUSTOMER REQUEST CLOSED MY Q CARD (I don't use that either)

That is the way customer service should be run.  Honor the customers request as long as the customer does not repeat the problems over and over, which I have never done.  

Contributor

Catlover, the same thing happened to me several months ago.   I returned a skincare kit to Evine near the end of the return period (I had given it as a gift, the recipient had an allergic reaction and gave it to me to send back).   

I got the entire kit back about 6 weeks later from Evine.   It was logged in at their facility 2 days after the 30-day return period expired.  I called Customer Service and stated that I couldn't help how long it took to arrive and would even accept a partial refund of my money.  That didn't fly.  So I was stuck with something I couldn't use and had to pay for original shipping and return shipping as well.  

Lesson learned.  Now I'm extremely careful when ordering from them because they really stick to that 30-day return policy, there is no grace period.  And they mean 30 days from the order date, not 30 days of your having the product.  

I had hoped that this one time, they would have been more understanding, especially since I've been a long-time customer.   That's the only problem I've ever had with them, however.  Normally their CS is pretty helpful.

Respected Contributor

The other thing with Evine that I found out is they figure the 30 days starting from the day you ordered it.  Considering that sometimes its 3-5 days before they even ship it, let alone how long it takes to get to us, that really is wrong!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Evine's return policy is very clear and they make no exceptions.  While the 30 days used to begin on the date that was on your invoice, that is no longer the case.  The 30 days begins from the day you receive the product.  It's right on their website.

I know you are disappointed but you returned something outside of the return window.  At this point it's way outside the return window.  

I don't expect companies to make exceptions.  Why bother with a return policy if they are just going to make exceptions and let people return when they want to?

HSN send a return back to me because I was 2 weeks outside of the 30 days.  I didn't realize it when I returned it or I wouldn't have bothered. 

Honored Contributor

This is the first sentence from their website under Return Policy:

If any item received from EVINE Live does not meet your expectations, you may return or exchange the item within 30 days of when you receive the item. 

Valued Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

The other thing with Evine that I found out is they figure the 30 days starting from the day you ordered it.  Considering that sometimes its 3-5 days before they even ship it, let alone how long it takes to get to us, that really is wrong!

OK, with respect, that doesn't seem to be the case.  I copied and pasted the first line of their return policy, as it appears on their website:

If any item received from EVINE Live does not meet your expectations, you may return or exchange the item within 30 days of when you receive the item.

Now, I'm not saying EVINE doesn't have their problems, but this isn't one of them.  I know I've barely made the deadline a few times, and if they were really starting the clock from the order date, I wouldn't have made it at all.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

I don't consider this a bad company for doing this- it was your error/mistake. If they made an exception for you, they'd have to make it for ALL their customers so what would be the point of even having the holiday return policy in the first place.

And where do you draw the line- one week before the holiday return policy? What about one week and one day? Those people would say it is only ONE day earlier so why not for them too?

I mean, let's take some personal responsibility for the mistake you made and not blame the company for not making an exception just for you.

Respected Contributor

Follow the rules and you wont have a problem. It was your error. Take responsibility. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____