Respected Contributor

i remember reading that they too have sent things back all along when they were SHOPNBC. i think the 30 days started the day the order was placed (is Evine a full 30 days now?). by the time you got the order you had a two week window to return. also the SmartLabel had issues, returns would go into a black hole.  The one item i returned was a Carlo Viani stack diamond ring (UGLY!)  and i used FEDEx for that.  with insurance it came to $20 just tp ship it back.

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i remember reading that they too have sent things back all along when they were SHOPNBC. i think the 30 days started the day the order was placed (is Evine a full 30 days now?). by the time you got the order you had a two week window to return. also the SmartLabel had issues, returns would go into a black hole.  The one item i returned was a Carlo Viani stack diamond ring (UGLY!)  and i used FEDEx for that.  with insurance it came to $20 just tp ship it back.

At one time, back in the day, ShopNBC's return policy was that the 30 days started from the date they shipped the order out.  So whatever date was on your shipping label is what they went by.

However, sometime while they were still SNBC and now that they are Evine, the policy on their website says 30 days from the date you receive the item.    

Honored Contributor

Of course now you know that you mustn't ever assume.  Smiley Happy

It is their fault that they sent you the wrong item, but it's not their fault that you didn't make sure it was right/ok until after the return period.

It's nice when a company gives consideration beyond their  usual policies, but we can't expect it.

Honored Contributor

The moral of the story is that whenever you receive an order, stop what you're doing and VERIFY that you received what you actually ordered and it's in good condition with no flaws or errors.  

If you can't be bothered to do that, maybe  it would be better to stick to the B&M stores.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the moral of the story is not to shop with Evine - they messed up the order in the first place!!

Super Contributor

Re: Evine is the worst!

[ Edited ]

I would have gone into your order history on the Evine site (if you didn't still have the return label from the packaging invoice) and print out a duplicate.

I've had 3 returns to Evine in the past month (which is highly unusual for me) and they've all been processed fine. One was for a pair of boots that I had ordered on the same day as a piece of jewelry and they sent the wrong shoes and the other case was 2 Tracfone smartphones that their system had erroneously said my zip code had service.

Moral of the story.....don't call customer service and ask. It will most likely slide through the returns department....and always use their Value Pay so you don't have a ton of money tied up in their mistakes.

ETA:  I see you did get caught by the return date but maybe if you hadn't have had to wait for the return label to get sent to you it would have made it?

Honored Contributor

I shopped a few times with them when they were shopnbc.  I ordered a couple handbags, and  sheets, many sheets.  I had good luck with.  The last time I ordered from them was about 5 years ago.  It was an oriental  entry table, for about 200 bucks.  It came and the top was slightly cracked.  It wasn't real noticible, but I wasn't going to pay for that.  When I called they had no replacement.  And I wanted to send it back.  The box was broken in shipping, hense the crack.  They made a call ticket.  But they never came.  They refunded me .  When I called about them picking the table up, they said keep it.  I love it.  I have it upsatirs with a lamp on the crack, and it was free!!  From a home shopping channel!  How rare is that?

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I shopped a few times with them when they were shopnbc.  I ordered a couple handbags, and  sheets, many sheets.  I had good luck with.  The last time I ordered from them was about 5 years ago.  It was an oriental  entry table, for about 200 bucks.  It came and the top was slightly cracked.  It wasn't real noticible, but I wasn't going to pay for that.  When I called they had no replacement.  And I wanted to send it back.  The box was broken in shipping, hense the crack.  They made a call ticket.  But they never came.  They refunded me .  When I called about them picking the table up, they said keep it.  I love it.  I have it upsatirs with a lamp on the crack, and it was free!!  From a home shopping channel!  How rare is that?

They refunded me once for a set of 3 lamps because one of them was recalled due to a faulty socket...cut the socket out and send it..keep the lamps. My DH rewired the lamp.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Occasional Contributor

Agree totally ! I too had a thing with them . I ordered a pair of shoes on their value pay for 5 pays of 10 dollars a month , after the third month they called me to tell me my ten dollars was declined I said not possible , and called my bank and they said they never tried taking the money out very bizarre .so I went on there site and under my pass code and info they had someone else's name so I called customer service and got no where I wasted my time not helpful and rude never again evine dead 

Respected Contributor

Oh, come on ! What's with blaming the OP ?

A few months ago I ordered 3 pair of casual pants from the Q....fall/winter and they were clearance priced so I got 3 different colors. Tried on 1pair when they arrived---perfect. Last week we had a chillier morning so I grabbed a pair and they were waaaay too big. The CS rep told me that sometimes different COLORS of the same item are sized differently. Sold out but to return at their expense for refund. 

It had been way past the 30 days but it wasn't my fault. Evine should have done the same thing......I've never bought from them but now I never will. (I've got more watches than I need anyway.......LOL )