Honored Contributor

Re: Evine ditches deal with Jane Fonda and will close LA office.

@september wrote:

I wonder  what they do with all the watches they don’t sell?Smiley LOL

@september 

😆😆😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

I don’t understand why women over 50 need to have different fitness clothing items than women under 50?

I wear the same basic exercise clothing items as my daughter. When she visits me, she doesn’t even bring these things, in order to pack fewer items. She wears my workout wear while she’s here. 

Same reason for any clothes designed for women over 50. Many of us had our fat rearrange itself and move to and from new and former places. 😕  Some of us need clothes with different waist to hip to arms to wherever proportions. 

For myself, personally, I wear tees and shorts to workout. Others, though, prefer to look better than I do when working out. 

Women over 50 have different bodies.  Their breast are enlarged.  Their waists and backs thickened.  The belly becomes prominent. Their hips are wider.  Menopause takes a beating on women's bodies. 

@songbird, an egregious generalization. I am way over 50 and have none of what you mentioned.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

I don’t understand why women over 50 need to have different fitness clothing items than women under 50?

I wear the same basic exercise clothing items as my daughter. When she visits me, she doesn’t even bring these things, in order to pack fewer items. She wears my workout wear while she’s here. 

Same reason for any clothes designed for women over 50. Many of us had our fat rearrange itself and move to and from new and former places. 😕  Some of us need clothes with different waist to hip to arms to wherever proportions. 

For myself, personally, I wear tees and shorts to workout. Others, though, prefer to look better than I do when working out. 

Women over 50 have different bodies.  Their breast are enlarged.  Their waists and backs thickened.  The belly becomes prominent. Their hips are wider.  Menopause takes a beating on women's bodies. 

I am sorry if all that happened to you @songbird .

It didnt for me. No, my body is not the same as when I was in high school, but it certainly didn't morph into what you are describing after menopause. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

It didnt for me. No, my body is not the same as when I was in high school, but it certainly didn't morph into what you are describing after menopause. 

@Ms tyrion2, I may be wrong, but I don't think that she is anywhere near the age that she's commenting on.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

No.  Actually, for many, the hips and thighs are much smaller than they were between puberty and menopause. 

It's not fun or aesthetically pleasing to me, but I wouldn't call it a beating. It's life. 

Trusted Contributor

Golly Gosh--I've been waiting 75 years for my breasts to enlarge!  Somebody must have gotten mine.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

@Ms tyrion2, I may be wrong, but I don't think that she is anywhere near the age that she's commenting on.

😉

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

well @songbird   i dont know just what age you are, but i am definitely experiencing some of this! Smiley Wink

dont really know many who have bodies that have NOT changed in some way since their  20s/30s.

hips are definitely wider, bootie a bit bigger, breasts a bit droopier,  thighs not as firm, arms a bit more "flappy."......LOL, i better stop, i am depressing myself.

more power to those who have their 20 and 30 year old bodies after the age of 50! i am definitely jealous.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Fitness wear is so overpriced. Maybe it’s worth it if you’re a serious athlete but otherwise I don’t think so. 

The only reason I can think of to market it to over 50 is to make money. Jane Fonda is way over 50 and she her body looks fairly the same as when she was under 50. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw that and I really did laugh out loud.  I could imagine the new management team screaming  "why the bleep are we going to pay some 85 year old actress for a line of athleisure clothes that our customers won't buy?????"   Over 50?  As great as she looks for her age,  Jane Fonda's line was never going to be for women over 50, if anyone bought it, it was going to be the over 70 year old set.  And that age group belongs to QVC.  That just isn't the Evine demophraphic for clothes.