Honored Contributor

Re: Evine ditches deal with Jane Fonda and will close LA office.

@Judaline wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Women over 50 have different bodies.  Their breast are enlarged.  Their waists and backs thickened.  The belly becomes prominent. Their hips are wider.  Menopause takes a beating on women's bodies. 

@songbird, an egregious generalization. I am way over 50 and have none of what you mentioned.

Just wait.

@suzyQ3 

I totally agree. Saying everything gets thickened, enlarged,

prominent over a certain age is just an excuse.

‘Just wait’....obviously not doing it right. 

Respected Contributor

I think she looks great in that photo even without makeup. I don't think women over 50 need their own workout clothes, but having someone who is older repping a fitness line may be much more relatable to older women. It's all about marketing. If you don't feel you need it, that's great, but there are many women who don't feel like fitness clothes are made for them because everyone modeling or promoting the clothing are in their 20s. I'm sure they feel there's an untapped market, and Jane is a fitness icon.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

She’s amazingly beautiful.  

The before/after pictures, which technically ARE before/after,

are really in the incorrect sequence.

To clarify, the pictures are November 2017.

The ‘after’ is the one on the right...the next morning, upon waking.

And she posted on her own, personal Instagram page.

Not only beautiful but has a sense of humor. as well. 

😆💛

9B3DBCD5-2294-48DF-B12A-BEF79097FEED.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@september wrote:

I don’t understand why women over 50 need to have different fitness clothing items than women under 50?

I wear the same basic exercise clothing items as my daughter. When she visits me, she doesn’t even bring these things, in order to pack fewer items. She wears my workout wear while she’s here. 

Same reason for any clothes designed for women over 50. Many of us had our fat rearrange itself and move to and from new and former places. 😕  Some of us need clothes with different waist to hip to arms to wherever proportions. 

For myself, personally, I wear tees and shorts to workout. Others, though, prefer to look better than I do when working out. 

Women over 50 have different bodies.  Their breast are enlarged.  Their waists and backs thickened.  The belly becomes prominent. Their hips are wider.  Menopause takes a beating on women's bodies. 

This certainly doesn't apply to ALL women over 50.  LOL

Not to mention, there are women under 50 who are shaped this way and those under 50 who aren't. 

Clothing depends more on body shape than age.   

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

She’s amazingly beautiful.  

The before/after pictures, which technically ARE before/after,

are really in the incorrect sequence.

To clarify, the pictures are November 2017.

The ‘after’ is the one on the right...the next morning, upon waking.

And she posted on her own, personal Instagram page.

Not only beautiful but has a sense of humor. as well. 

😆💛

9B3DBCD5-2294-48DF-B12A-BEF79097FEED.jpeg

I admire that she would be just her REAL SELF. And  funny too🙂  It is how we all look in the morning.....😄

Esteemed Contributor

Not a surprise. I bet Evine is losing a lot of money and this is a last ditch effort, IMO, to stay in business.

Respected Contributor

If you haven't watched it yet, you must check out Frankie and Grace on Netflix. It stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin whose husbands have come out as gay. They live together, are in their 70s/80s and have to deal with ex-husbands, their kids and aging. It is funny and one of the few shows with older main characters that don't fit aging stereotypes.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom, “Obviously not doing it right“ ??? That was uncalled for.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead