Honored Contributor

Re: Evine Watch Guy Tim Temple Gone

I went through my ,"watch " phase years ago.....  probably have some 20 watches....but, now they all need batteries so I never wear them.  I have two  Invicta that had a 10 year battery life  and those are the only two I use besides one automatic watch that winds with movement that I also wear.  Retired now....so no need for a watch anymore.   I do not keep track of time!   I should just give the ones that need batteries to good will.....it is just hard to part with them......guess I have a problem! LOL!

Tim Temple  was a great watch host....he knows his product and is easy to listen to. I hope he comes to QVC.  I think he could be a real asset as a host and could sell anything well.

Honored Contributor

I really like Tim and will miss him.  He has a terrific dry wit and could be very funny.  They got rid of the smart a$$ Jim Skelton several years ago and Tim became the watch guru.  I'd noticed they seem to be grooming Kendy as a watch host.  Of course she's more versatile and can sell anything else in the inventory.

Good luck, Tim.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  If you don't replace batteries, they will leak and ruin the works in your watches.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  If you don't replace batteries, they will leak and ruin the works in your watches.

@Kachina624   Is there a way to remove the old batteries myself?  Do I need a special tool to take off the backs of the watches?  Thanks for telling me this....I should have realized it,  like with all batteries, just did not think about the watch battery!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Yes, some watches do require a special tool.  Some of them have a waterproof gasket that can be ruined.  I'd take them in and have a repairer take the batteries out.  If I take a bunch of mine, they give a discount.  I have dozens from my "watch phase".

New Contributor

Possibilities ... based on unsubstantiated gossip from the web;

The face of watch company sales for several years has been Michael Davis.  He had a bad falling out with the brass of a particular watch company (believed to be over money, appreciation, & respect).  Who knows (just a theory based on questionable gossip)?  As a side note, by all appearances, Michael Davis & Tim Temple seemed to be VERY GOOD friends.

At some point, certain watch company's sales get so strong, that they can pretty much start to dictate what goes on at specific shopping/sales locations.

Fast-forward a couple of years.  a company in Florida now finds itself in trouble with that state's AG office, over bad customer service issues.  That AG's office openly seeks help from the public/customers.  I believe you can call Pam Bondi's office TODAY, and they will take your call regarding this issue.

Could a former disgruntled employee of this Florida based company fed Florida's AG office with critical information?

Another issue that has arisen over the past couple of years (based on gossip I have read on the web), is that a manufacturing company has been found to be importing Swiss Made products, that are NOT Swiss Made.  Many of their product descriptions now note that the manufacturing process of this item has been changed to China.  And these items no longer carry the prestigious Swiss Made stamp.  But who can be certain if any of this is true?  This is all just unsubstantiated web gossip.

Could this insider info on manufacturing operations have come to light through a former disgruntled employee?  And ... could this former employee have been known to have close ties to Tim Temple, which was too uncomfortable for some people to handle?

Some web gossip pushes the theory that Tim's departure has to do with Cat.  I am not familiar with this issue, though.

Again, just pulling together unsubstantiated information that's out there on the web.

Respected Contributor

I remember temple from shopnbc. I do not know about "evine."  My husband bought a lot of Invicta watches at shop NBC years ago and really loved them then and still does. He focused on the Swiss -made movements and watches. He stopped buying from that company a few years ago ago as they clearly began to phase out the Swiss made watches and sissy me cements and go with movements that we're not Swiss.  He told me he looked online recently and that the company was saying that movements were made in other countries but not claiming they were Swiss. That company's watches were never all Swiss movement or Swiss made. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   Is there a way to remove the old batteries myself?  Do I need a special tool to take off the backs of the watches?  Thanks for telling me this....I should have realized it,  like with all batteries, just did not think about the watch battery!

Take them to the jeweler.

New Contributor

You are correct.  Most of the Pro Diver watches they have sold over the years have had very good Japanese movements in them.

Many styles of their watches that were previously Swiss Made, are no longer Swiss Made, and of those watches, many of them did not retain the Swiss movements.  Unfortunately, many of the watches that fall into this category, now have Chinese movements.

If these particular styles of watches weren't going to at least continue to have Swiss movements in them, I wish they could've been replaced with Japanese equivilents, rather than Chinese.