Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The 1st cable shopping I ever saw was CVN back in the mid to late 80's & I think Evine evolved somehow out of CVN, since CVN was located in MN.  I think Marybeth Rowe & Dan Wheeler came from CVN to QVC when CVN got absorbed by QVC.  I never got QVC on my cable system until CVN went away in 1990 or so.

@aubnwa01, CVN and QVC merged with QVC being the "surviving" company. 

MBR used to be a host on CVN.  I'm not sure about Dan Wheeler.  Colleen Lopez was also a host on CVN but she lost her job in the merger.

Dan Wheeler was a CVN host.  He had a mustache those days.

@LyndaGee, my bad.  I saw the name Dan Wheeler but in my mind pictured Dan Hughes.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't trust Evine and their policies, it's all on the customer once the product leaves the warehouse. Why would anyone take the chance of buying from them when you have no recourse if you don't receive the product. Good for you, if you never have had a problem with shipping or returns. I must say the Q is excellent at helping the customer with shipping and return issues. I wonder where Isomer's will go if Evine shuts down? I used to buy her line, but stopped a while ago, I prefer PTR at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Michael Valitutti stated he had given up other endeavors and Evine was his only home.  I bet he and Chuck are sweating bullets.

I remember loving to watch Michael's and Chuck's shows.  Now they don't even cross my radar.  Chuck's jewelry has been dumbed down so much that it is mostly junk.  Michael's palladium line is just too bulky and heavy for my tastes.  I love bold gems but too many of his are just gawdy.

Yeah, for many years Chuck sold nice quality FINE jewelry and that seems to be completely in the past now.   Pretty much everything I've seen of his, for quite a while now, is either vermeil or silver junk.   It's a shame to see a company go from fine jewelry and quality jewelry to costume.

Honored Contributor

I like the host Heather Hall. I wish she would come to the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I think TV shopping networks may face a fate similar to shopping malls. Unless they have a significant presence on the Internet, they won’t survive. I watched QVC for over 20 years. At the beginning, TV shopping was innovative and fun. Now it seems to be same old-same old, just boring repetition of nothing special. I don’t claim to have any constructive advice to keep TV shopping alive. They will need to carve out a special niche in order to stay viable.

Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

QVC doesn't need anymore female hosts under the age of 50. They have too many now as it is.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Evine Live in trouble

[ Edited ]

Linda Moss' latest Homeshoppingista blog mention's Evine's potential stock delisting from Nasdaq.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2019/01/21/nasdaq-warns-evine-that-it-may-be-delisted/

Edited to add Evine's Nasdaq listing:

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/evlv

Evine has a long way to go to pull up their stock price as it closed today at $.65 U.S. or 65 cents. That is a long way off from 1 dollar.

Respected Contributor

I think that overall the home shopping networks are struggling some because there are so many options out there. I attribute the multiple TSV's, TS, TTV to this. I am happy I can shop for one of those now prior to midnight. At midnight I am usually asleep. 

As far as HSN goes, I have thought they are turning somewhat into a QVC. They have the some of the same products and vendors now. I think Serious Skin Care got the boot as well as Joy. I would not mind seeing Joy pop up on Evine because I like some of her products. I know she does not need the money but if I were her, I would probably be angry enough to jump over to another channel. Her son-in-law is a producer at HSN, I wonder how that feels. 

I think Skinn is leaving Evine on bad terms because the move is so abrupt and no "goodby" like Evine did with the Beekman Boys. 

I like Evine and have some really nice jewerly from them. I have the most beautiful aquamarine and diamond ring from Chuck in 14 K gold. It is just gorgeous. I also have some nice Israel pieces and I absolutely adore Samual B. 

QVC is boring to me, they have a hard sell. I did buy the Earth TSV the other day though and they are ok. 

We shall see what happens. I would not be surprised if Adrianne is booted off HSN to. It seems like QVC and HSN want big brands. 

Honored Contributor

@lopse wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

QVC doesn't need anymore female hosts under the age of 50. They have too many now as it is.

Heather Hall is is 45.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The 1st cable shopping I ever saw was CVN back in the mid to late 80's & I think Evine evolved somehow out of CVN, since CVN was located in MN.  I think Marybeth Rowe & Dan Wheeler came from CVN to QVC when CVN got absorbed by QVC.  I never got QVC on my cable system until CVN went away in 1990 or so.

@aubnwa01, CVN and QVC merged with QVC being the "surviving" company. 

MBR used to be a host on CVN.  I'm not sure about Dan Wheeler.  Colleen Lopez was also a host on CVN but she lost her job in the merger.

Colleen said on Sunday that she was at QVC as the vendor for Norditrak at one point.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN