Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

On the other side of the coin, SKINN, Beekman, and Joy have all run away.

Skinn left?  Wow, he was with them for years, do you know where he went?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I actually liked Beekman better on Evine than on HSN.  They’re growing way too fast on HSN and they have too many products now.  They’re losing their small-town vibe and expanding way too quickly, IMO. Of course the new growth is probably better for their business, but as a customer, I liked it better when they moved at a slower pace.

I hadn’t heard that Skinn left.  I am shocked.  I never had a problem with Evine and have made many successful purchases with them.  I hope they make it, as the more competition, the better for customers.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Skinn is going to HSN - supposed to start airing in either Feb or Mar on HSN.

Respected Contributor
I buy more from Evine. Their fashions are more suited to my style and the prices are great. I'm currently watching QVC and while they sell a Logo cardigan for $71, I can find a similar item on Evine for under $30 with comparable quality. Luckily I haven't had any customer service issues with them. Hopefully they can turn things around.
Respected Contributor

The 1st cable shopping I ever saw was CVN back in the mid to late 80's & I think Evine evolved somehow out of CVN, since CVN was located in MN.  I think Marybeth Rowe & Dan Wheeler came from CVN to QVC when CVN got absorbed by QVC.  I never got QVC on my cable system until CVN went away in 1990 or so.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Michael Valitutti stated he had given up other endeavors and Evine was his only home.  I bet he and Chuck are sweating bullets.

I remember loving to watch Michael's and Chuck's shows.  Now they don't even cross my radar.  Chuck's jewelry has been dumbed down so much that it is mostly junk.  Michael's palladium line is just too bulky and heavy for my tastes.  I love bold gems but too many of his are just gawdy.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The 1st cable shopping I ever saw was CVN back in the mid to late 80's & I think Evine evolved somehow out of CVN, since CVN was located in MN.  I think Marybeth Rowe & Dan Wheeler came from CVN to QVC when CVN got absorbed by QVC.  I never got QVC on my cable system until CVN went away in 1990 or so.

@aubnwa01, CVN and QVC merged with QVC being the "surviving" company. 

MBR used to be a host on CVN.  I'm not sure about Dan Wheeler.  Colleen Lopez was also a host on CVN but she lost her job in the merger.

Respected Contributor

I loved it when it was SNBC. I purchased a lot of gold - 18kt mostly as ridiculous low prices.

I haven't purchased much at Evine. One day - several years ago,  I had a bunch of earrings in my cart. It was $2.99 shipping day.  I checked out and didn't pay attention. My fault totally not looking at the amount due. I was browsing to see if there was anything more i wanted by the time I checked out it was after midnight by a few and all the shipping reverted back to like seven bucks each..and it cost me $35 to ship five-pair of plated hoops. I have a ton of gold and at the time had lost a couple really valuable ones and was upset enough to buy gold plated earrings instead of real yellow/white gold. 

I called and they wouldn't adjust the account..it was worth a try and well within their rights...but a couple minutes? Kind of put me off..my fault totallyf or not paying attention to the time..but it still irked me lol..

I know Amazon would of satisfied me lol..the other day I ordered a Fitbit Versa case on Prime Shipping on Wednesday 1/16/19..prime delivery for that item - that was in stock...was 1/23/19?

If I wanted it on Friday 1/18/19 it was upgrade shipping fee of $3.99..I had already smacked my arm against the wall so I wanted it sooner rather than later.

I called Amazon as it made no sense..all the other items similar to that was FREE Prime Delivery by Friday 1/18/19. PLUS it was Wednesday and Prime delivers on Saturday ..always never had an issue..

I wanted that one though lol..that said it was still only ten bucks.  Amazon couldn't figure out what the deal was either. She said sometimes the Marketplace Sellers - 3rd Party have their 'own' schedule and unless brought to their attention - slip by as there are so many.  She waived the fee and it was delivered by Friday.

Respected Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Skinn is going to HSN - supposed to start airing in either Feb or Mar on HSN.

Wonder if it will be Skinn or will he go back to Parthena LOL.  No matter best of luck to him

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@aubnwa01, CVN and QVC merged with QVC being the "surviving" company. 

MBR used to be a host on CVN.  I'm not sure about Dan Wheeler.  Colleen Lopez was also a host on CVN but she lost her job in the merger.

Dan Wheeler was a CVN host.  He had a mustache those days.