Honored Contributor

I think they will all keep an internet presence even if the tv shopping is gone.  I have found that I rarely watch but do buy online from all 3 regularly.  It would be cheaper not to have to produce shows 24/7 and there already are many prerecorded as opposed to live shows on them all.  It actually makes a lot of business sense not to present live when one presentation can be shown over and over.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

I have not purchased anything from Evine for many years. Mainly because I could no longer access my account for some reason. When I did buy from them the receipt used to have the NBC symbol at the top left hand corner. Does NBC still own Evine? Or did NBC sell them off?

Speaking of which.., I don' think the several name changes did a thing to promote them or make them appear as a stable retail enterprise... First it was ShopNBC... then ShopHQ... then Evine... The Evine moniker is probably the least sensible, as it makes little sense to many people...

In the beginning, it was called ValueVision.  That's when I purchased the most.  They had some great deals on beautiful jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

and Sharif also went to Evine?

@Luvitorleaveit1.   And Jane Fonda is supposedly on her way there?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee.  I thought I remembered the name Value Vision in there somewhere.  When they first started broadcasting years ago, they had a tie-in with JC Penney.  Can't remember what they called themselves back then.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  They actually had a tie-in to NBC.  They were called ShopNBC for a while.  Years ago I was at Rockefeller Center & they even sold some ShopNBC mugs & small merchandise in the NBC store there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine Live in trouble

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LyndaGee.  I thought I remembered the name Value Vision in there somewhere.  When they first started broadcasting years ago, they had a tie-in with JC Penney.  Can't remember what they called themselves back then.

@Kachina624 Yes, they were ValueVision in the 90's... then ShopNBC for about a decade... ShopHQ for only a year or two and now Evine (initially Evine Live)... NBC sold it's share of the company just prior to the ShopHQ moniker change...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I find myself buying more and more from Evine.  I don't care about any of this, they haven't closed down the place and they are still in business now...so....I'm happy.  I have to laugh because we're been reading stories like this about Sears for 10 years....and Sears hasn't shuttered all of it's stores yet.  

Esteemed Contributor

Evine's stock never had a high value.  Back in April of last year there was talk that Amazon was in acquisition talks with Evine and  "In the wake of that speculation, EVINE’s stock shot up 31 percent in Tuesday trading to close at $1.06 per share."

I have no idea what happened or if the reports turned out to be unfounded rumor.

quote above excerpted from and April 25, 2018 article at: tcbmag.com/news/articles/2018/april/report-amazon-in-talks-to-buy-evine-live

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

Maybe we should all go and buy something from Evine.  They're having a huge clearance sale.  Kinda help them keep afloat.

Honored Contributor

Penny's stock is also below a dollar a share. Online buying isn't going anywhere. Places may come, and go ,but the retail market has changed the way we shop today.