Honored Contributor

Maybe online shopping channels will go the way of the dinosaur.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine Live in trouble

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

I think they already are... None of them has done anything remotely innovative in decades and, in fact, seem intent on continuing to narrow their focus... There was about a half decade window when I found them fun and engaging. That ship has sailed and while it's clear reading these boards that others continue to be somewhat habituated to them, I don't think future generations will catch the bug... Meanwhile, they do next to nothing to encourage retention of their existing customers... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The only one I watch hasn't had anything new in eons (and how much makeup and food can one buy?), doesn't have sales, and is rapidly slipping down the ladder of interest with me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I think they already are... None of them has done anything remotely innovative in decades and, in fact, seem intent on continuing to narrow their focus... There was about a half decade window when I found them fun and engaging. That ship has sailed and while it's clear reading these boards that others continue to be somewhat habituated to them, I don't think future generations will catch the bug... Meanwhile, they do next to nothing to encourage retention of their existing customers... 

You summed that up nicely, @stevieb.  I do think they'll be around though in a much lesser level just because of many customers inability to get out or distance from B&M stores.

And, as you stated they haven't done anything to retain existing customers.  I, for one, often switch to them when sick of news, etc., or halftime in yesterday's game.  GO PAT'S!!!!! (Sorry, Woman Embarassedcouldn't control myself.Woman Wink)

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote Meanwhile, they do next to nothing to encourage retention of their existing customers... 

That says a lot.  QVC should pay attention to their loyal customers.  It's a whole lot easier to keep a customer then it is to get a new one.

Sears has unfortunately learned the hard way...they used to be the #1 largest retailer.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I have not purchased anything from Evine for many years. Mainly because I could no longer access my account for some reason. When I did buy from them the receipt used to have the NBC symbol at the top left hand corner. Does NBC still own Evine? Or did NBC sell them off?

Honored Contributor

Vendors are in it to make a buck, there is no loyalty, they'll go to whichever shopping channel offers the best contract.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine Live in trouble

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I have not purchased anything from Evine for many years. Mainly because I could no longer access my account for some reason. When I did buy from them the receipt used to have the NBC symbol at the top left hand corner. Does NBC still own Evine? Or did NBC sell them off?

Speaking of which.., I don' think the several name changes did a thing to promote them or make them appear as a stable retail enterprise... First it was ShopNBC... then ShopHQ... then Evine... The Evine moniker is probably the least sensible, as it makes little sense to many people...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I've only ever watched Evine a very few times, so I wouldn't miss them.  I only made one purchase from them, and that was a Beekman item, back when the Beekman boys were on there.

Trusted Contributor

I actually enjoy watching Evine when certain shows are on.  I like Michael Valitutti's Gems En Vogue & every now & then I'll catch one of the One World fashion shows.