Trusted Contributor

While googling for Evine this morning I ran across this article that stated:

Nasdaq has warned television and online shopping channel Evine Live Inc. that it is in danger of being delisted from the stock exchange, a move that is triggered when a company's stock price dips below $1 at the closing bell for 30 consecutive business days.

I am not financial-saavy but you can find the rest of the story.  

Honored Contributor

wonder why SSC would go there when they are doing financially so bad?   

Esteemed Contributor

and Sharif also went to Evine?

Super Contributor

I was flipping by the other night and something that was on air had sold only 100 units so far, and the presentation had been on for a while.  I think it was some skin cream.

Honored Contributor

Interesting.  SSC had a huge success with their launch; more money made than when  launching new products at HSN I believe (read that on the beauty thread somewhere). 

The few vendors I follow always sell out when on. Selling 5000 of a product in 48 hours isn't too shabby. It's why so many lines want to be on shopping channels. 

I don't know. There are many well made/high quality lines on Evine (vs HSN and QVC when it comes to jewelry) that I don't understand what's going on for Evine to be doing so poorly.

Respected Contributor

On the other side of the coin, SKINN, Beekman, and Joy have all run away.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine  Joy left HSN, not Evine.

The jury is still out as to why SKINN left. Beekman let on that part of the reason was due to Evine's very poor customer service policies (which comes from corporate).

Is HSN in trouble? Many lines have left that company and moved to Evine. 

In the end, who knows.

Honored Contributor

IMO, all the shopping channels are in various stages of "trouble."  When they started 30+ years ago, they were a novelty and the only other option were b&m stores.   Now every store has a website and there's Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Michael Valitutti stated he had given up other endeavors and Evine was his only home.  I bet he and Chuck are sweating bullets.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't buy from Evine because of their ridiculous policies!

I had been on auto-delivery once.  Apparently, when I called to cancel the customer service rep only cancelled the next shipment not the AD plan, unbeknownst to me.  I was amazed at the 'battle' I had to go threw with a C/S supervisor.  I gave up, got stuck with the shipment (after the cancelled shipment) all because of a C/S rep's error.  

Anyways, they lost in the end - they lost me as a customer and I made sure I let everyone know not to do business with Evine.  It's surprising how word-of-mouth works!Woman LOL

I hope those vendors mentioned above can join a more reputable shopping channel.