Esteemed Contributor

Everyone should see this movie! lol.

DH and I went to see the movie A Walk in the Woods with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. OMG laugh. I was rolling off the seat laughing that tears were coming out of my eyes! The theatre was packed with mostly an older audience and they were laughing out loud too. Without giving too much away, Redford and Nolte hike the Appalachian trail together. Once on the trail the fun times begin and continue through out the movie. Nick Noltes character is one of a kind. lol. Also there is beautiful scenery from the trail and some reflection on the importance of nature. I am definitely buying this movie when it comes out.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: Everyone should see this movie! lol.

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I love funny movies!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review!...I've seen it advertised and have heard good reviews about it.

I came across a movie this afternooon on our "On Demand" feature..."Must Love Dogs", with Diane Lane, who happens to be one of my favorite actresses...It is a great, lighthearted movie...It came out in 2005 but I somehow missed it....I tend to be "late to the party" at times!...LOL...I just thought I would mention this, as you and your husband sound like avid movie fans....One of my favorite ways of relaxing also!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Oh hey, thanks so much for this review Shorty.  I only have heard bad reviews and wasn't planning on seeing it even though I loved the book.  Now I will give it a try.

I DO recommend the book on tape by Bill Bryson that they took this movie from.  I love his books on tape.  His reading of them really adds to the story.  He also wrote a book called "Live and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" that I really loved.  He has several books on tape of his own works.  I have so far liked most of them. 

Honored Contributor

Saw the trailer last week and put that movie on my list right away.

I read the book some years back.  Non-fiction and very interesting.  You might like seeing how different/same the film is.

Respected Contributor

thanks for the review, shorty!

we dont go to a lot of movies but i had heard good things about this movie, and i already told my bf that i was taking him to a special movie next week. i told him this is a movie that you need to see.  i asked him if he wanted me to tell him what it was about and he said no, let's just go for it.  i think he will LOVE it.  and for sure, i will too!!

Valued Contributor

You don't have to twist my arm to go see a Redford movie!!  79 years young... no matter... it's ALL GOOD!!  Thanks for the review.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a great movie!  Thanks for the heads up.  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

P.S.  Another recent Redford movie that is worth a peek is 2013's All is Lost.  It's a one man show, and he carries it beautifully.

ETA:  PEEK not peak, dummy!  Smiley Very Happy