Respected Contributor

Re: Everyone list 3 to 5 things QVC could do to recover lost sales volume

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I think the biggest positive change they should make is -- when something is returned,  don't charge for return shipping if you choose "merchandise credit."  

@Beauty Maven, I think that is a fantastic idea! 

Esteemed Contributor

FREE SHIPPING on EVERY TSV.

Birthday/special offers coupons throughout the year.

New products.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Give refunds on returns faster.  

Esteemed Contributor

I lost interest in QVC because almost every item I received came damaged, very poor quality, or didnt fit. I had to return so many items in recent years, I was afraid I would receive "the letter." Because I couldn't trust anything I ordered would be as presented or promised, I quit watching QVC. I prefer to buy in stores where I can inspect the item before I pay for it....and no shipping charges.

And yet I still read these forums

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Drop the TV channel & go all online!!!! Do presentations recorded if they must. Would save billions! I exaggerate but you get my point.

Really being competitive with pricing. If you're an online retailer you should realize people will buy wherever has the cheapest price if it can be bought at a million other places!

If you have a niche item literally no one else has, that is a different story & you can charge what you want, but most of Q's inventory is available elsewhere (or like Valerie stuff is sold under a different brand name elsewhere).

I don't watch Q on TV at all & price comparison shop online.
Honored Contributor

Very intersting to note so much commonality among responses and so much of this feedback has been given for years. They need to listen to their customers. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

More info on the item, enough of the fill in chatter like "you can wear this with pink, you can wear this with blue etc. Measures! very important.

Honored Contributor

HSN and QVC are owned by the same company.  Personally, I think HSN really has their act together .... so, do what HSN does.  How difficult could that be?    

Trusted Contributor

Hope the powers that be are seeing the same ideas from many customers...shipping and charges on returns seem to be dealbreakers for many. Competitive shipping charges seems to be an ongoing complaint....guess QVC isn't listening or the shipping charges are so lucrative they have no intention of changing them.

Super Contributor

Good topic.

1. Update clothing options to include more than the basics. Really how many pull on pants, tunic tops & 'grandma' clothes does one person need? (I am 66 and want fashionable clothes. Like Louis Del Olio provided.)

2. Get over the pajama's & stupid cap look. I don't wear pajamas as outer wear .... heard a host say 'you could wear these to the store or out to lunch.

3. Make hosts dress appropriately. I love watching the shows where the hosts show good fashion sense. No house slippers unless they are featured in the show. No super casual looks and then the host talks about 'elevated' look. No stupid skull caps worn as indoor wear.

4. Ask the designers (I'm looking at you Issac) to bring in less basics and more design. Issac's haute couture is swoon worthy. I know couture is to highly priced but how about somewhere in between. 

5. Less 'hyper' presentations. More like (I think her name is Vanessa)...calm, knowledgeable & believable. Also Katrina is a pleasure to watch because she dresses nicely and seems to really know true fashion.