Trusted Contributor

Re: Everyone list 3 to 5 things QVC could do to recover lost sales volume

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Shorter prestentations with more items per show.  

Less chit chat

Free shipping after a certain amount has been spent

@kaydee50 Agree with you!  

I think the kitchen shows are the stalest things since twice molded bread.  They need to do some looking, find some new products and give more information about cooking!  

Keep David's show for fans, but get someone else to do a show with a new angle and new products and new faces for those of us who cook.  And isn't that more of us now?

@Sooner, I agree with you completely.  In the Kitchen With David is fine (and I don't want to ruffle his fans' featheres Smiley Happy).   I find In the Kitchen With Mary (usually on QVC2) enjoyable.  Mary has a warm, friendly style which I enjoy.  

Respected Contributor

1.  More items with shorter presentations, especially on the TSV - 1/2 hour at midnight is way too long since it is shown many times throughout the day.

2.  The shipping price of $3.50 on an item is fine, but if several items are shipped together, perhaps increase the shipping to say $5.00 per package.

2 items would save you $2.00, 3 would save you 3.50.  I am receiving more and more multiple items in a box or bag and wouldn't mind paying $5 per package rather than $3.50 per item in package.  Or some variation of this concept.

3.  IT needs to get their act together.  Often I get the message that the size chart can not be loaded, the Items recently on Air cannot be loaded, the colors circle is incorrect, etc.

4.  Products stay In Process too long and this needs to be addressed.

5.  A slightly longer cancellation period would help - even 24 hours would be OK.  Might lower returns and increase sales if you know you can re-think a purchase for a short time.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have an actual QVC member (who shops and watches a lot) and hire them to be on the Board of Directors as an adviser.  

Upper management is out of tune and tone deaf to the current issues the company is facing. 

Super Contributor

Their website needs a major overhaul.....its annoying.   ..never goes back to where you left off when shopping....or checking the status of your orders...

Too much for shipping...when ordering multiple items....

Stop repeating same items on Lunchtime Specials.....after a couple of trys give up...or drop price again....or give free shipping....

Many times the Sizing  chart is not correct....need better quality checking on sizing..

Every line has their own sizing pattern....there is no generic...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I rarely buy I would say get rid of the tag team vendor and host. That has got to be costing a bundle. Why do we need to hear and see both? Pick one or the other and be done with it. 

Stop with the every other hour all hour TSV. Who wants to listen for an hour on one item. Some items are on for 13 hours or more a day.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree- shipping fees need to be free or discounted  with multiple items.

Show/ Sale  formats need to change  - most Hosts can be  eliminated as they add no value in showcasing the products - the Reps provide the most info but are constantly cut off by the Hosts  . The old car sales man yelling sales rotine does not work nor  telling me  how many were sold every 5 mintues .

Revamp the food shows - you don't have to cook pans of food to show how a cooking  pan can be used . Just do a live demo  with a Rep who knows  & shows us how to use the kitchen item- esp electronics .

Quality of items. I honestly believe most items are factory  seconds that QVC sells , so why not adjust prices .  The pricing rollercoaster must go.

Returns dept who charge customers shipping fees when an item is returned as a "self pay " must end . This practice is dishonest to customers. It's  ridiculous to have to contact QVC to ask that they please not charge return shipping fee on  every self pay return.

Esteemed Contributor

Print receipts that LINE UP with the boxes.  I have received so many that I just can't read because the printing does not line up.  And then sometimes the receipt is pulled back from the paper and it is stuck to the inside of the bag or the bag the clothing item came in.  I find both those things annoying.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Invest in upgrading their technology so that items sold matches availability.  This can help the issue of buying something, then it going on backorder because they sold out of something that online shows it available.

Edited to add: regarding updating the technology, when I look at Items Recently On Air, the time zone often changes to any of the US four zones.  And also, Notifications frequently show as new when I have already looked at them.

The above brings me to point 2.  I preordered a tsv, then during the day of actual presentation of the tsv a few days later,  I ordered another. What I bought on the tsv day was shipped right away. The pre-order was eventually put on backorder and then cancelled.  Orders should be shipped on a first come first serve basis.

Price stability.  Yes, keep the tsv's , bonus buys, etc.  Then raise the price after the sale is over.  That's understandable and expected. But then after, set the price to one amount and keep it there until ready for clearance. For example, there's a top I bought at a discount on the Black Friday sale. I noticed since then, that every few days, the price goes up and down and down and up,etc.  This causes the customer to feel mistrust, that they are being played with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. More product variety (vendors in the same product category should have products that are somewhat different and unique---its boring when for example all the clothing lines look alike, or all the home decor lines sell lanterns...OVERKILL!. )

2. Shorten the length and frequency of the TSV presentations!

3.  The shows should be about the PRODUCTS, not the hosts! (important questions are left unanswered on the website. Meanwhile the hosts go on and on about themselves and/or their families or act silly and immature.....)  Now the hosts should certainly show personality, some wit and humor is fine---no one wants a robot spewing facts, but some hosts take it too far and put the focus on just themselves and treat the show as if it were their own personal talk show and the only info we get on the products is to go over and over and over the colors ad nauseum !!!!  🙄

4. Real discounts would be nice on sale items or Big Deals---sorry the $3 off is not enticing .... and if its free shipping please dont  increase the price for the product ....we notice....

5. Please dont fill weekends with vacuums, mattresses/beds or computers---again VARIETY is needed!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Invest in upgrading their technology so that items sold matches availability.  This can help the issue of buying something, then it going on backorder because they sold out of something that online shows it available.

The above brings me to point 2.  I preordered a tsv, then during the day of actual presentation of the tsv a few days later,  I ordered another. What I brought on the tsv day was shipped right away. The pre-order was eventually put on backorder and then cancelled.  Orders should be shipped on a first come first serve basis.

Price stability.  Yes, keep the tsv's , bonus buys, etc.  Then raise the price after the sale is over.  That's understandable and expected. But then after, set the price to one amount and keep it there until ready for clearance. For example, there's a top I bought at a discount on the Black Friday sale. I noticed since then, that every few days, the price goes up and down and down and up,etc.  This causes the customer to feel mistrust, that they are being played with.

@PhilaLady1  Agree.  The prices jumping up and down and all around drives me crazy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead