Honored Contributor

Re: Everyone list 3 to 5 things QVC could do to recover lost sales volume

[ Edited ]

Consistancy in sizing is a huge thing for me.  I literally quit buying shoes.  Doesn't matter if you buy the same shoes at nordies, clarks, born earthies fit  different on QVC.   The last time I bought shoes was a few years  ago.  They were Clarks, what a piece of crud.  Exchange them 2 times I wanted so badly.  Finally returned tem.   Cost me a months time and over 22 bux in shipping

i started shopping with QVC in 1988.  I bought all my sweaters and skirts and such there.  Every item no matter what was the same in sizing. For years i never  returned  clothing for off sizing.  The bad sizing started in 1998 and hasn't stopped

beside all of the above I would get more arty, unusual items.  Especially clothing. Throw the shipping out the door, and give a couple free returns per quarter or something   Most of the clothing is not exciting to me   I am 73, in a California climate and I aint dead yet. 
 Qvc used to ne personal yet businesslike.  Every item was shown to us with a ruler, shown on model for size comparison, color was described to a tee.  Kathy Levine anyone?  The back, inside, seams were shown . Now you are lucky if they show the inside of a purse.  Who buys a  bag without measurement and seeing the inside?  They spend more time glamorizing the item than showing the item for an at home buyer, who can't  touch or feel the item 

Trusted Contributor

Interesting that most of the suggestions on this topic are pretty much in three categories: shipping, cancelling orders, and desire for updated items. Only time will tell if anyone at QVC cares about these suggestions; they have been repeated for years without any changes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will add to my earlier post that I still have several QVC items from 10-20 years ago that are high quality. The sizing of clothes was almost perfect back then. Every item arrived quickly and in pristine condition. Even plants I ordered were alive when I opened the box - they are still thriving in my yard!

What happened to Quality, Value, Convenience?
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Spend less time on TSV and all the items.  Spending 10-15 min showing a tee shirt is way too long.

Stop the immature, silliness as exhibited by some of the hosts.  I will not mention names because I will be poofed.

Stop all the vendors.  All they do is repeat all the stuff the host has already said and vice versa.  Stop all the repeating.  Hence, taking too long on one item.

And have the hosts stick to the pertinent facts of the item.  Going off on tangents is what takes so long to present one item.

Honored Contributor

Free shipping

Free returns

Better quality
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

1. Improve Customer Service. I rarely call but dread it if I have to.  Some do not know any more than I do or unwilling to find  or research an answer.  Return calls in a timely manner. There needs to be better training than a standard ship it back or don't know. I seldom call any CS but Q has been the least helpful and courteous company ever in my experience.

2. Attract designers in fashion and home. They used to have many well known designers. I could list many and  they often presented new, creative and unique things.

3. Be honest with presentations. Consumers aren't stupid. I resent being fluffed and lied to and won't buy. Not all products  or styles are for everyone. Don't lie just to sell. Sorry, I don't believe you use or own everything you sell or have all the colors etc. in your possession.

4. Allow the cart to be active more than one hour long.  Where I often order I can go back and quickly see my cart as doesn't dissapear to another area.