Honored Contributor

Re: Everyone list 3 to 5 things QVC could do to recover lost sales volume

[ Edited ]

Cancellation option/until item ships

One shipping fee for all items to the same address

More of a variety in shows!

Valued Contributor

I think the biggest positive change they should make is -- when something is returned,  don't charge for return shipping if you choose "merchandise credit."  

Honored Contributor

#1 with.me is their shipping. Othrt retailers ship much faster with no fees.

#2 would be exciting TSV's at great prices.

#3 less food shows, or at least make them only an hour long.

Respected Contributor

Q is just another retailer I comparison shop for the items I need-want at the best price...I don't watch the channel, don't pay full price for anything & it's up to them to improve their business, not me.

Respected Contributor

Shorter shipping times

Send out coupons often like HSN does

Get new, better quality vendors

TSV's that are actually a value and show it less during programs

Rein in the loud, obnoxious hosts. Not watching means not buying

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

1.  Fix the shipping, get items out faster.

2.  Don't double ship

3.  Allow cancellations on items that haven't shipped for several days

4.  Make TSV price really a value

Anyone???

@depglass 

Huh.   I'm curious about your title ....  "recover lost sales volume".   Are QVC's sales down ... and if so, by how much?   

Just wondering ...   are you a shareholder, or what was it that prompted this  thread?

Valued Contributor

@CoffeeNut -- This is such an interesting idea!  A committee, or focus group to report back to management would be great.  I bet they already use focus groups behind the scenes.

Esteemed Contributor

It's no "insider" secret that 4th Q results were extremely poor.  They pre-announced it.

Qurate Retail pre-announced disappointing  Q4 2021 this past Friday (January 28th). Revenue for the quarter will be down 8-9% company-wide and OIBDA (operating income before depreciation and amortization) will be down 17-20%.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go back to their core. Quality ( that means top to bottom) shipping, canceling, the whole experience, the host, the non stop same items offered as there  are a million brands that would love an hour a month on air, contest, give always, make it fun like it used to be that involved the customers not the host. Value. My gosh everyone knows you can get ALL this cheaper elsewhere. TSV these days are a joke. Convenience  Unless you get a straight forward delivery that doesn't need any extra there is NO convenience. But they won't listen to any of us, they know it all. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Also, if QVC offers something on auto delivery, they should do their best to honor it.  I know they have to rely on the supplier.  But I have had several auto delivery items cancelled by QVC because they could not fultill the order.  This last one that was just cancelled last week was maddening because the exact Dr. Denese set is still being offered on QVC.  But customer service said they can not substitute a one time delivery for an auto delivery, even though it was the EXACT SAME THING.  Shouldn't they honor people who make the commitment for auto delivery over having it available for a one time purchase?  I guess not, seeing that on the website it was $40 more than my auto delivery price, which I believe was a TSV.

I'll call it what it is, @Puppy Lips ...a deceptive and deceitful practice on the part of QVC. And it's catching up with them.