Honored Contributor

Everyone Please be Careful Out There!

My daughter just texted that her husband was hit by a car going 70

on the highway-he spun out but fortunately wasn't hit by other cars and said he's ok but the car isn't.

My son and mother and I were almost hit by a car going probably 90 and weaving in and out.

My other daughter and I saw 2 drivers go thru a red light at high speeds just going 1minutes down the road.

I've been reading that dirvers have been getting more reckless more angry more aggressive and impatient since more back on the road.

So please use your defensive driving skills!

Keep checking your mirrors.

Look before going from a light turning green at an intersection.

And most of all, keep a safe distance between you and other cars. And don't go too far above the speed limit. The higher the speed the more likely it is to be a serious or fatal accident. Same with traveling too closely or "going the speed of traffic"

Just because others are super speeding doesn't mean you have to too.

Even with super reflexes as some like to think, the higher the speed, and the closer driving to others, if one stops ahead of you and you are going 70 or so, you are going to crash into someone or something too.

There are still some good drivers out there. It is the ones who aren't that it is so good to have and remember defensive driving skills. Never asume someone will do the right thing. Always expect other drivers to do the wrong thing.

It's a scary world out there. Be safe everyone with at least something we can have better control over.

I just hate to hear of so many unnecessary accidents that could be prevented.

My son in law said his hummer training in Iraq kicked in and he took his foot off the brake and let it naturally spin and stop. I would never have known that because it is probably natural to break and then of course it would spin out.

I can't wait til all are home!

Everyone stay safe ok?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Re: Everyone Please be Careful Out There!

Thankful that your son is not hurt.  Yes, I have seen many drivers going far beyond the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic.  I use turn signals, check my side and rear mirrors before I do anything.  Thanks for the reminder

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Also, road rage is completely out of control and happening daily, many times with deadly consequences.

No matter how tempted to lay on your horn, check your brakes or flip another careless driver off, think twice!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Road rage incidents also seem to be proliferating, which is not surprising.  It goes hand in hand with aggression.  Experts warn not to do anything to deliberately aggravate another driver; no horn honking, eye contact, forget using THAT hand signal.  Too many mindless idiots are now carrying guns Not know who you're dealing with, don't take a chance. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom    Great minds think alike. O

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thankyou to all the good drivers still out there!

And also, don't use your phone.

At all! Do it before the car gets out of park.

I hate those computerized things on the dash where people adjust the radio, answer calls, make calls, because it is still taking your eyes off the road. That 90 mph driver would have hit and killed anyone who looked down at that dashboard for one second

Whew! I'm still shaking just hearing about it.My sil said he'll process it later. I guess we all need that military training!

But my youngest had one of those super defensive courses with trained super drivers who taught the same thing about taking your foot off the break when hit! So against instinct. I don't know if I could do that.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,

Yes!  Road rage increasing tooSmiley Sad

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not even my horn...(sob) sometimes I lay on my horn when they pull out in front of me on a highway, when I'm doing 60.  I know, but, but, I need to let them know NOT to do that again.  We had an accident a few weeks ago at the same place I'm writing about, the person that pulled out in front caused a driver to brake rapidly, which caused the tailgating (my opinion) driver behind to run into his back, which caused him to cross over the medium into the oposite traffic, hitting another car, and then 2 more cars piled up.  AND the driver that turned from a side street, right turn on red, simply drove on.  

Respected Contributor

When I'm on the road now I see more and more dangerous, aggressive driving. Lots of tailgating, speeding, weaving in and out, and cars turning left from shopping centers with no light, darting out with the narrowest of openings. Had that happen to me yesterday. The guy just missed hitting me and had the nerve to glare at me. I was tempted to respond but didn't--we have too many people with guns driving around and macho ones who want to beat everyone up. I think avoiding eye contact is a good way to diffuse many situations. Impulse control is very hard for too many folks.

Regular Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@on the bay 

Also, road rage is completely out of control and happening daily, many times with deadly consequences.

No matter how tempted to lay on your horn, check your brakes or flip another careless driver off, think twice!

I think maybe more than actual rage is that people don't obey the law.  They don't even consider law now.  It's whatever they want to do.