Valued Contributor

Every Night is as Exciting as the Night of the Rockefeller Tree Lighting!

I've mentioned in the past that DH and I have decided to become snow birds.  We both are warm weather lovers and hate those cold, snowy NY winters.  We started vacationing in various parts of Florida over a 4 year period to decide where we wanted to live.  Well last year we bit the bullet and had a home built on the Space Coast.  We moved in early November.  Love it!

The day after Thanksgiving we wound Christmas lights around our very large and old  Sabal Palm Tree in our front lawn.  It's on a timer and lights up just when dusk meets dark.  Our old beautiful dog is on an invisible fence.    She normally lays under smaller palms in the back yard, but about 10 minutes before the lights go on at the Sabal Palm she goes over and lays about 4 feet from it.  After the lights come on she goes back under her smaller palms in the back yard.  My husband and I are in awe and just laugh. It appears to us that every night for her is like the first night of the Rockefeller Tree lighting!  She loves it.  Dogs and nature are a wonderful thing for sure. Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Every Night is as Exciting as the Night of the Rockefeller Tree Lighting!

Happy Holiday Season to you, DH, and your beloved adorable girl, from another animal and nature lover.  8)

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2,

A post that brings smiles,

https://cdn4.dogonews.com/images/699e8363-9473-48e0-ace6-d89fe7bdd01f/happyholidays20121.jpg

Honored Contributor

Heart

Cute story.