Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever watch a terribly disturbing movie...

I LOVE scary, gory, quirky and otherwise weird movies. I think chick flicks are way more offensive. In my house my daughter wasn't allowed to see Pretty Woman growing up but I did let her watch Goodfellas.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot watch any violence against animals though.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I cannot watch any violence against animals though.

I cannot watch that, either. Not even a tiny bit.

Super Contributor

I LOVE scary, gory, quirky and otherwise weird movies. I think chick flicks are way more offensive. In my house my daughter wasn't allowed to see Pretty Woman growing up but I did let her watch Goodfellas.

And then y'all wonder about violence in our schools. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

To answer your question, no.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/12/2014 ennui1 said:

And then y'all wonder about violence in our schools. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I think the violence at home is more of a problem. My daughter at almost 25 still doesn't even swear. She spell out H E double hockey sticks. She worked all through high school and was the president of SADD, member of the Honor Society and field hockey captain. The television didn't babysit my daughter, I did. I was involved.

To blame school violence on violent movies is quite ridiculous. My daughter grew up in a very stable loving home and had a moral base that no movie could shake. Of course if a child doesn't have that then maybe a movie could but I can only raise my daughter to be an outstanding citizen, not everyone elses.

JFK
Honored Contributor

This actually makes sense to me. Pretty Woman is one of the most offensive films I've ever seen.

Goodfellas is fabulous.

Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

There was one where a guy is buried alive so the entire movie takes place in his underground coffin. That one really bothered me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/12/2014 AuntG said:

There was one where a guy is buried alive so the entire movie takes place in his underground coffin. That one really bothered me.

I think I know what movie you are talking about and that was creepy. Did he seek revenge on the lady who poisoned him and had him buried alive?

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/12/2014 just bee said:

This actually makes sense to me. Pretty Woman is one of the most offensive films I've ever seen.

Goodfellas is fabulous.

Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody.

Yep! It is a fabulous movie! She watched it when she was 15 (tv version) and learned about the mafia in America and how it used to be. She also saw what happened to people who live that type of lifestyle. Dead or in jail. I would much rather her see that then thinking prostitution has a fairy tale ending.

JFK