Valued Contributor

Re: Ever watch a terribly disturbing movie...

On 4/12/2014 just bee said:
On 4/12/2014 azterry! said:
On 4/12/2014 evelomaddict said:
On 4/12/2014 colliemom3 said:

American Psycho is a disturbing movie I liked though it's been awhile since it came out.

the book was even more disturbing. i loved it but i'm a degenerate. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I didn't know there was a book. That was a quirky, bizarre movie.

Do you happen to know the author offhand?

I'd like to pick it up at the library.

Bret Easton Ellis, 1991.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} fantastic book, at least it was to me when i read it back in high school. i was a degenerate back then. lol

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

On 4/12/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: ----no animal torture/. killing either

unfortunately, that's how most serial killers start out.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 tansy said:
On 4/12/2014 betteb said:
On 4/12/2014 sophiamarie said:

After I saw "Misery" - I just had to read the book, so I got it on my Kindle. Much, Much, Much, more intense than the movie. I couldn't put it down. It's a good book to read if you have a doctor appt. and know the wait is going to be long (like the Ophthal.)

Oh you are so right about that. The book was much, much better. Some books just don't translate as well to the screen. Sometimes the imagination is much wilder than any production.

I'm not even a Stephen King fan (hubby is) - but even The Green Mile was another book I had to read. If I remember correctly, King published them in 6 different volumes, each one a month apart. I think it was the most gripping series I ever read..... I couldn't wait for the next month.

The Green Mile was great! Ok, King fan or no, you must read Gerald's Game. Absolutely horrifying in a delicious, twisted way{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LOL...I missed Gerald's Game and just downloaded it from the library.

I highly recommend Under the Dome and Dr. Sleep by King as well.

Dr. Sleep is a sequel to The Shining.

For the all time best King book read The Stand. They did a TV mini series that did the book no justice at all.

Esteemed Contributor

azterry! I agree about The Stand. Just too involved and detailed to translate.

I like his books of short stories too. Nightmares and Dreamscapes and The Skeleton Crew

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

This is the downside of being a psychiatric nurse. I hear it all. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

After I saw "Misery" - I just had to read the book, so I got it on my Kindle. Much, Much, Much, more intense than the movie. I couldn't put it down. It's a good book to read if you have a doctor appt. and know the wait is going to be long (like the Ophthal.)

Oh you are so right about that. The book was much, much better. Some books just don't translate as well to the screen. Sometimes the imagination is much wilder than any production.

I'm not even a Stephen King fan (hubby is) - but even The Green Mile was another book I had to read. If I remember correctly, King published them in 6 different volumes, each one a month apart. I think it was the most gripping series I ever read..... I couldn't wait for the next month.

The Green Mile was great! Ok, King fan or no, you must read Gerald's Game. Absolutely horrifying in a delicious, twisted way{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Okay, okay, it's being downloaded as we speak. LOL I went to Amazon, read a page and ordered it..... Thx.....

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, okay, it's being downloaded as we speak. LOL I went to Amazon, read a page and ordered it..... Thx.....

Oh good, I'm glad you came back and saw that. Like I told Tansy, read it during the day time.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

azterry! I agree about The Stand. Just too involved and detailed to translate.

I like his books of short stories too. Nightmares and Dreamscapes and The Skeleton Crew

I like the short story books too, betteb.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/12/2014 just bee said:

This is the downside of being a psychiatric nurse. I hear it all. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Oh gosh Bee, that would be tough{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

I once looked something up in the Merck Manual and couldn't go to sleep until I found a hiding place for it, far away from the bedroom. It was side effects of some medication I was taking years ago. I forgot what it was but it scared the bejeebers out of me....{#emotions_dlg.scared}