Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever tried to lose weight with GOLO?

@wildcat fan You’re very fortunate to have access to good doctors. Everyone is not so lucky.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@game-on,

My knowledge of this particular weight loss scheme is zero. Much like almost all so called "best programs to lose body fat", my guess is this just another of the same.

Most know and understand(those without major medical problems) the most healthy and only ways to lose unwanted weight(I am talking fat tissue), not muscle or water weight. Depending on each individual persons metabolism, food intake/along with activity used to expedite fat loss, are the best and pretty much only way to lose, and most importantly, keep their desired weight PERMANENTLY!

Too many want to lose fat they added over years, in days weeks or months. It ain't gonna happen. Keep some records of what, and in what quantity you eat, along with activities you do every day on a regular basis. Look them over and see what you can fairly easily cut back(food), and activities you can fairly easily increase gradually. Then incorporate and follow them, change when necessary, and then add PATIENCE!

That is what I have done for decades and over weights from 122-210lbs. for a 5'8" man, now a real old man. I adjust my weight for my activities, so I have practiced and continue to use this same formula myself, and it has never failed me.

Save your money and figure out a plan that works for you, it can be done, but does require determination and lots of patience, especially at specific times.

Give it a shot, eh? What do you have to lose?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  That is excellent advice.  When you mentioned menopause, I will never forget when it started for me and I thought "we are our hormones."  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
@phoenixbrd, may I ask what a day of your food intake looks like? Please believe me when I say I'm sincere about your diet and zero snark behind my inquiriy. I love my eggs and cheese and can't imagine life without them. I don't eat beef, but do eat pork, chicken, fish and seafood. Love my pasta, bread and potatoes and that's where I'm cutting down the most. Hope you'll respond, as I love to hear another POV. TIA, LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Giving up the animal products/byproducts can be hard, 

but what you get in return is WONDERFUL!

I eat lots potatoes, lots of potatoes & sweet potatoes!

Easy on the pasta/bread, but no animal products or oil, at all.

Check out the recommendations @phoenixbrd suggested

and you’ll be eating tons of starch (yes, potatoes!) and

weight will be dropping!  Carbohydrates is what your body needs.

Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart, good on you! Congratulations on a tremendous weight loss! You should be very proud of youself, I sure am proud of you. I think when we think about food in a different way and don't deprive ourselve's or allow ourselve's to be hungry we set ourselve's up for success.

@game-on, you sure have gotten a lot of advise here, and good ideas. I have a good friend who has also struggled with her weight all of her adult life. She tried every new diet that came down the pike, took a bunch of supplements and would lose gobs of weight and then put it right back on. About 10 years ago she started seeing a nutritionist and has been extremely successful wirh taking the weight off AND keeping the weight off. As her weight drops, her diet changes. Bottom line, find something that works for you. I'm rooting for you and wish you the very best of luck! LuLu