Trusted Contributor

Ever tried to lose weight with GOLO?

I have seen GOLO advertized and gone to the web site.  I know nothing about this method and no one who has used this method.  Wondering if anyone here knows anything?  TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ever tried to lose weight with GOLO?

i was wondering te same thing.  i would like to know more about it.

Trusted Contributor

i just did some research on it and i think i would pass.  it seems hat it is notfda approved and it is a supplement.

Honored Contributor

I imagine all you’d lose is money. Many of the 5 stars in Amazon say only: I got these today and hope they Work! lol 

but let me know if it does!

Valued Contributor

@game-on, I know nothing about GOLO. I do know a little something about weight loss - nothing fast, no easy bullet. Between my yearly physical in 2016 to my physical in 2017 I had gained 30 pounds - yikes! Post menopausal and someone who was always thin, so this was a huge weight gain for me. My doctor insisted I start eating breakfast (which I never did), eat a light lunch and whatever I wanted for dinner. NO EATING AFTER 7:00 p.m. (That was worse for me than eating breakfast but I suffered through it).

So my 2018 physical rolls around, and following my doctor's advise (okay, a few cheats here and there) I had lost 14 pounds - yay for me! Well my doctor was sort of happy but tells me he now wants me to give up carbs. Um, no, I told him, that would be my favorite food group. So we compromised - I've dropped my carb intake by 50-60% daily and since 11/2-12/1 I've lost 2.4 pounds. Slow but steady, no tricks, no gimmicks, just good old fashioned common sense from my wonderful doctor. Good luck! LuLu
Honored Contributor

This is the time of year, when the weight loss supplements start getting marketed.  Buyer beware...they are all out to make a lot of money in a short  amount of time, before they are discovered to be useless. 

Honored Contributor

Supplements ....never.  Check out Intermittent Fasting and eat whole foods plant based. I don't eat breakfast or meat/dairy/oil.  I do feast on fruits/veggies and I include starch (potatoes, rice, sweet potatoes).  I am not deprived or count calories.  I eat to satiety, then stop.  Beautiful way to live.  

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd, may I ask what a day of your food intake looks like? Please believe me when I say I'm sincere about your diet and zero snark behind my inquiriy. I love my eggs and cheese and can't imagine life without them. I don't eat beef, but do eat pork, chicken, fish and seafood. Love my pasta, bread and potatoes and that's where I'm cutting down the most. Hope you'll respond, as I love to hear another POV. TIA, LuLu
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I'll tell you about today.  We drove 80 miles to see a Sun Baja Trike that my husband wanted.  So I packed a lunch for us...burrito bowls.  We had containers of the following:  rice, pinto beans with jalapenos/onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped red peppers, roasted corn, guacamole, topped with lots of chopped salad greens (I had red and green lettuce as well as iceberg and I added some fresh chopped cilantro).  I added a pineapple salsa (trader joe's) and a vegan ranch dressing.  

We went to a park after visiting the bike shop and had a picnic.  It was delicious and filling.  We ended up having left overs for dinner tonight...we were still pretty full from lunch.  The ingredients are pretty representative of how we eat.  It didn't take me long to pull all the sides for the burrito bowl together and I always have those ingredients on hand. 

Yes, it takes a while to give up dairy.  The casomorphines in dairy are an addictive habit.  But if you are intent on making this your goal, eventually you wonder why you would ever eat those items and have no desire.

If you are interested in how I eat on a daily basis you could watch you tube videos of High Carb Hannah or Chef AJ.... try HCHs corn chowder!   Best of luck to you.  This is a very healthy way to live, and I love being cruelty free.  My husband was a meat and potato kind of guy when I met him. He now happily enjoys the meals I make, always feels full, and has lost his belly. I love cooking for others, and love to share our way of life if someone is interested.  Best of luck to you.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @phoenixbrd for your response. Your burrito bowls sound very good and I'll be checking out your recommended You Tube videos. With age I know I have to eat better. Best, LuLu