Respected Contributor

I have noticed this for a while now....when there is a OTO value......the shipping seems to be jacked up. So you get a break on the cost and shipping is increased. I am sure "handling" is factored into the shipping costs. QVC has the highest of all shopping networks that I have seen. I cannot believe with the volume done that the savings are not passed on. So okay once in a while there will be free shipping...........not often.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever notice this.........

You are on to them!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hmm...I need to play more attention to that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I had noticed all the shipping being up, but now that you mention it ... hmmm

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I just ordered one, a long sleeve tee, shipping was $5.72.

That actually seems low for what they've charged me on other things.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I just really noticed it today when they had on an Isaac top as the OTO and the shipping was $6.72. I think that is very high and I have noticed in previous items.

I believe I bought a bracelet that was the size of dental floss and the shipping was $5.00 and something. The cost can't have to do with the weight or the size..........not sure how it is calculated.

Honored Contributor

I usually find S&H charges to be higher at several sites like Sundance and Soft Surroundings. I've backed out of several purchases at those sites.
Valued Contributor

I've noticed in some catalog companies, the shipping cost is tied to the price of the item. For instance, $50-$100= $5.00 /$100-$175=$7.00. I made up these prices but that's the way it works. I have even called about an expensive but very light weight item and asked about free S&H but the answer is no. I choose where those things are free like Nordstrom and NM