Trusted Contributor

Ever look up your name on the net?

I did tonight and this is what I found out about me.

1. I’m apparently lots younger than I knew. (I’m actually older than dirt).
  2. I was born in the USofA. (I was born in Northern Italia and yes I’m here legally).
  3. I’m divorced. (good news for my husband --who next month we will be married 54 years).
  4. I’ve been arrested multiple times. (I’ve never been arrested in the USofA or Italia nor has my husband [who served 35 years in the U.S. Army Special Operations] or ANY family member in both families).
  5. I’ve filed multiple bankruptcies. (Not my self or anyone in both families ever has).

Never look up your self on the internet

Valued Contributor

Re: Ever look up your name on the net?

@Malcontent wrote:

I did tonight and this is what I found out about me.

1. I’m apparently lots younger than I knew. (I’m actually older than dirt).
  2. I was born in the USofA. (I was born in Northern Italia and yes I’m here legally).
  3. I’m divorced. (good news for my husband --who next month we will be married 54 years).
  4. I’ve been arrested multiple times. (I’ve never been arrested in the USofA or Italia nor has my husband [who served 35 years in the U.S. Army Special Operations] or ANY family member in both families).
  5. I’ve filed multiple bankruptcies. (Not my self or anyone in both families ever has).

Never look up your self on the internet

@Malcontent That is crazy!!! Unbelievable...

Trusted Contributor

pugvette74:

There was actually more and not correct, but you get what I am saying.

Honored Contributor

People have been known to lose out on jobs because of information pulled up on the internet, which didn't even apply to them.

Just someone with the same name.  And it can be incredibly difficult to sort out.  The internet is a double-edged sword.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent wrote:

pugvette74:

There was actually more and not correct, but you get what I am saying.

@Malcontent What's the point then... So sorry for all the misinformation.

Respected Contributor

I looked.  My home phone # is out there for the world to see.  I pay for an unlisted #.

That's nuts.  There is only one other person in the world with my first and last name.  The other lives in the phillipines.  I'm English.

Honored Contributor

I have. There are tons of women with my same name. Five in just my city, although I'm pretty sure one passed away. If so then it's just four in my city.  My first name is fairly dated and not in wide use any more so those of us with the same name in my city are all around the same age. I suspect that's true for most I saw on the 'net too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have.

There is a very prominent realtor on the west coast with my name and her results take up gads of pages.

One site listed my likely neighbors as ray ray and bam bam. Why mess with perfection? 😅

Trusted Contributor

Scooby Doo:

We also pay our phone provider for a private number and that's the one of the things that was right from this site. 

Trusted Contributor

Snowpuppy:

I didn’t even get a “ray ray or bam bam”.