Honored Contributor

Ever bought something years ago and then finally used it?

I bought these ice cleats in 2014 for those icy mornings on my walks.   Well, we had mild weather here over the last couple years so I never needed them.  Then just this week we had snow ice and cold here in the PNW.  I put these  on my walking shoes and they are wonderful. I was walking on icy slick walkways and they kept me walking without a problem.  If you walk and have ice buy these! They could save you from a bad fall. 

F09440
Due North Snow and Ice Cleats
4.4 out of 5189 reviews

Customer Top Rated

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever bought something years ago and then finally used it?

I have these and they truly are a life saver-you can walk on ice with no fear of falling.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

When my elderly parents were alive, I bought each of them those ice cleat shoe attachments.  They were very stubborn and refused to wear them.

After they passed, I gave a set to each of their neighbors.  These women are 90 and 84 now and they use them !  They will live a lot longer, not falling on ice and breaking old bones !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

A neighbor and I each bought a multi-use toaster oven at Big Lots (this was years ago). I took mine home and put it in the garage until I was ready to open it up.

My neighbor took hers out and started using it but told me it was not a good product.

So mine sat in the garage for about 3 years until one day I wanted to try it out because I want to try to rotesserie a small roast. It worked great!

I used that oven for about 10 years, then replaced it. But the oven lives on at my workplace where it still gets occasional use.

Respected Contributor

Yes ! Don't you love when that happens (:

Ive had that happen with an item of clothing that I love but NEVER wear because I could never find the right thing to wear with it. Then suddenly something new, would go perfectly with it.

Respected Contributor

I had a brand new computer for almost 2 years before I opened it.

It just sat there.

I  used my Kindle instead to mostly be in here and that Space book thingy.Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

When we built this house, I wanted a cool built-in coffee machine. Until this month, I never used it. I have other coffee and espresso makers and never got around to reading the instructions to get the Miele machine going. I finally did, and I love it, as I knew I would. I was happy just looking at it, to be honest.

Esteemed Contributor

Clothes ! I've lsot a bunch of weight and go 'shopping' in my closet Heart.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I finally wore a top I got awhile back. I guess the old habit of putting the clothes in the middle of the closet and then easily reaching in and grabbing the same thing all the time, is what has been happening.