Honored Contributor

Re: Ever Been Mad Enough To Throw Something?

35 years or so ago, I had been married only a few years, DH had two young kids when we married.  One daughter was a very picky eater, she did not like what I fixed for dinner, and she wanted a sandwich, DH, I guess, thought I was going to accommodate her and fix the sandwich for her.  I guess we had not been married long enough because I was not going to fix her something else to eat...so I heaved the loaf of bread across the room to him......and said you want her to have a sandwich, you fix it......nothing broke, it was just bread, not sure if that counts.  

Valued Contributor

Yeah.  I threw an eggroll at my sister's face once when I was 19.  She deserved it :-D

Valued Contributor

This thread reminds me of when I was 17 and my sister was 10, she chased me from the backyard, into and throughout the house from down in the basement up to the second floor, with.a gross, slimy slug in her hand. I was screaming as she laughed the whole time and then whipped it at me. It hit my head so I freaked out even more....They’re so disgusting.
Honored Contributor

Many times.

Honored Contributor

It was 21 years ago tonight.  It was the night that I realized there was no salvaging what was left of my marriage.  I was horrified at what he tried to turn me into and how happy he was that it almost happened.  Moron.

Honored Contributor

This wasn't a throw, but a slam.

The first 6 months we were married he had complained several times about something which I can't remember.

His best friend from high school as well as college, whom I knew well, dropped by.  We were all talking and DH brought that same (b) "witch" point up again.  I do remember thinking "I don't intend to share that with the friend'.  I stomped up the stairs and slammed the bedroom door SO hard I threw it through the outer part of the door frame!  Actually, when I tried to get out hours later, I couldn't.

Valued Contributor

Why Yes.....Yes I HaveWoman Wink

Respected Contributor

I'm more of a door-slammer.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think I was mad enough to throw the phone out when I kept getting fake "IRS" calls threatening me with prison time if I didn't send them money. Instead, I got a loud dog whistle. Ha, and the little lying feller didnt' call me back either.

Super Contributor

Yes!!

Threw an empty soda can at my late husband once.  And he dumped a drink in my lap once!!

My worst was after an argument with someone I was seriously dating.  I admit we'd both had a few drinks...he took me home and I was mad that he would not stay and hash things out.  He left and after a few minutes of stewing, I went to his house, pounding on the door.  He told me to go home or he'd call the police!  So, instead of going home, I tore up every plant in his newly landscaped front patio!!!  Felt sooo good - although the next morning I was a little embarrassed that I lost control like that....

He discovered it a few days later and called me raving about what I'd done and how much it cost...I told him send me the bill, it was worth it!  Never did get that bill....