Respected Contributor

Re: Ever Been Mad Enough To Throw Something?

@dex @I agree 😂

Valued Contributor

Yes.

DH has the habit of saying "what do you mean?"

The kitchen sink is syopped up.  what do you mean?

The toliet is running.  What do you mean?

The car won't start.  what do you mean?

So one night I was playing on my very old laptop.  It had been acting up for quite a while.  I said, "This stupid thing just keeps spinning and never connects."  He said. "What do you mean?"  I lost it.  I jumped up and grabbed that laptop and put it over my head and slammed it on the tile floor.  Picked it up and did it again again while yelling, "THIS IS WHAT I MEAN.!!!!"

Not my best moment but come to think of it, I haven't heard him say that in a very long time.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i know that cookie press == ni gave it away to a less than beloved in-law

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains inappropriate language

Honored Contributor

Your description of your ex-inlaw sounds like the mood swings I have been having lately. LOL!!!

I threw a knife at one of my brothers when I was a kid. Got my rear whipped.

I have also thrown my iPad across the tile floor. LOL!!! It still works.

Respected Contributor

Mad enough...yes, done it...no, why?...because it's my responsibility go keep control of myself no matter what happens.

Esteemed Contributor

@Warrior2022  My DH does the same thing. Drives me nuts. Me: "The right front tire on the car is really soft"   Him: "What do you mean soft?"  Oh dear God, soft, you know the opposite of hard.

He also repeats what I say.   Me: 'Can you get the news please?"  He looks at me and asked can I get you the news.  He says he's just double checking what I'm saying. I speak clear English.  I think he needs a hearing aid.

Honored Contributor

I've been mad at an object I tripped over and threw it.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

yes, when I was in 6th grade I threw a heavy plastic hairbrush at the little girl’s head who lived next door.

I missed.

The most scared I have ever been was when my mom and dad told me what could have happened if I had hit her.

Have just not allowed myself to ever get that mad ever again... boy, was I mad 😡 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt   I very much understand what your intention was, I've been there myself where you just want them to shut up and you use what you have at hand, pitiful as it is. 

Decades ago in a former life of pent up frustration and no known way to express it, there were a few occasions when something flew without forethought. Once a small kitchen island was cleared in one felt swoop. Oh, that was delicious in the release, the crashing sounds, the physical expression of rage, the shock on faces that said wow, we pushed her too far. Another time a full cup of coffee splashed across a wall. I don't do that anymore. Still, in my entirely new life, on very rare occasions, anger will tweak that old impulse to send something flying. Instead I simply say I feel like throwing something right now and the discussion quickly de-escalates. I find it fascinating how it lies in the recess of my mind dormant but ready for action if needed.  Thank heavens for maturity and having mature people around me.