Honored Contributor

Re: Ever Been Mad Enough To Throw Something?

I threw a phone at the wall once or twice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal   Yep, it counts. 

Valued Contributor

No...

Trusted Contributor

Yes.

Not my finest moment.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

No.  My aim is too good, and my arm too strong.  

I once knew someone I thought deserved a good slap (or worse) across the face.  Sometimes just imagining it brought some satisfaction.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Yes. Multiple times. My fuse is long, very long and prone to fizzle out before detonating, but when that temper DOES go off . . . . it is explosive. Most people I know have never seen it and would tell you I don’t have a temper, but those who have seen it know to duck for cover!

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

Oh yes, dog poop.......back over to the offending dog’s yard 😟.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and he moved pretty fast.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl 

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Oh yes, dog poop.......back over to the offending dog’s yard 😟.

@I have been known to poop chuck too...I love that it doesn’t land as neatly as it deposits.

Honored Contributor

Funny you should ask.   I swear, I was thinking about this incident just yesterday.   It happened some 40 years ago, approximately.

To set the scene - 

I had come home from the grocery store.   My (first) husband was sitting at the dining room table.  Across from him, I had bags of groceries on the table and I was standing there, pulling out the items to put them away.

It was the short side of the table, so he wasn't far from me at all.   He made some cruel remark (which I don't recall) that just caught me horribly wrong.

I had cans of food in my hand and started hurling them at his head.   I don't think I set out to do that, btw.   I don't know how it advanced beyond that, as all I remember was that I began hurling the cans at him and the next thing I knew I 'came to' on the floor.

First - he did NOT hit me or hurt me in any physical way.   I was on the floor, on my back.  He was straddling me, holding down my arms.   I guess I fully blacked out or something.

I'm not a physically violent person and never have been.  I do have PTSD so some kind of rage thing took hold and I guess I responded accordingly in that moment.

Fortunately, he was not hurt.   I don't recall specifically, but I don't think any of the cans actually hit him so, in retrospect, I'm glad for that.

That's the only time I ever got fully violent.