Esteemed Contributor

Ever Been Mad Enough To Throw Something?

Was married a couple of years then and had several sisters-in-law. All but one were nice.  One (now ex-inlaw) could go from ok to pointy black hat wearing, cauldron stirring, broom riding, a house fell on her sister witch. She had said things other sisters-in-law over the years. I was on the phone with her and she made a nasty comment to me. I hung up on her, took the jack out of the phone and pulled the phone off the wall. Threw it in the backyard in the pouring rain. DH came in for lunch holding the dripping phone and said "bad morning?" All I said was "I was talking to X". He understood. Last day I put up with her bs.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever Been Mad Enough To Throw Something?

I can not stand a ticking clock. My ex ( I swear he did on purpose! ) bought the loudest clock ever. So, one night I got so mad I threw it out our bedroom window. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Clock radio for him next day. 

Trusted Contributor

No.  I've never been mad enough to rip a phone out of the wall and throw it outside in the rain.

Respected Contributor

Yes!  Once, many years ago DH and I were having a heated argument.  I was drying dishes and had a coffee mug in my hand.  Of course, I have no idea now what we were arguing about.  I threw the mug on the floor, but it didn't break.  Threw it again, still didn't break which enraged me even more.  I took the mug and threw it through the window!  Not sure if it broke then, but the window certainly was shattered! 

Honored Contributor

No, I have not.  I marvel at people on TV who get mad and throw dishes.  Who would do that in real life - and waste perfectly good dinner plates, not to mention make a mess that someone has to clean up.

Trusted Contributor

I was using, or trying to use a cheap plastic cookie press one year, that made me so mad, I threw it into the back yard as hard as I could.  Felt kind-of good, lol.  As long as that's as far as "throwing something" goes, it's probably okay.

Honored Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

I was furious at her but also at myself for not telling her to go pi** up a rope. Never been that mad since and it was 47 years ago. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, my ex husband threw him OUT! so fast his head spun. Does that count Woman LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Only once that I recall. Decades ago... I picked up the drink of my evil stepmother and tossed it in her face. 

I’m older, wiser, and it would never happen now. She was legally removed from my family not long after that and I’m sure she passed away some time ago.