Stay in Touch
Get sneak previews of special offers & upcoming events delivered to your inbox.
12-02-2019 06:59 AM
12-07-2019 02:07 PM - edited 12-07-2019 02:24 PM
Happy Weekend Everyone!....Our Christmas Tree will be going up this afternoon!...Beautiful weather here and all is well!...Hope you all are keeping warm and cozy and not letting the Holiday Season stress you out...No more stressing in our household...We are able to relax more now and just enjoy in whatever way we choose.
I wanted to remind all who may be interested that Shelly will be giving her presentation at the Snowcats Convention in Denver, Colorado today at around 4:00 p.m. Kitten Time...I caught this public Facebook link in chat so it should take you directly to her presentation when it occurs!
PSA: Shelly will be presenting live at Snowcats on Saturday, Dec. 7th at 3pm TK time (4pm Mountain time). Her talk will be streamed live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/25342...
12-07-2019 02:23 PM
Beautiful day here in Maryland. I've been getting a few things up outside...of course, it wasn't sunny or nice when I did THAT. Just cold and cloudy. But, I was afraid if I waited, I'd never get things up and....by the time I did, Christmas would be over.
No stress for me either. Will set up my little 2 ft. tree, already decorated, and plug it in. I no longer do much inside. When we entertained, I'd spend days getting it all out. I'm OK that those days are behind me, although I would gladly do it all again.
Off to a concert tonight in Annapolis....The Letterman, an "old timey" group that puts on a wonderful show. We saw them a few years back and so enjoyed it, we decided to go again when they returned. It's just feel good, sweet, innocent music from my youth.
I'm afraid we might be on the road by the time Shelly's talk gets underway, but I'll try to catch the beginning of it if I can.
Spent the morning delivering food and gift baskets to a couple of the rescues I help. That always makes me happy.
Hope everyone is finding peace and happiness in the pre-holiday season.
12-07-2019 02:36 PM
Hi @Witchy Woman ...Enjoy the concert tonight!...They are always so much fun!
I believe that Shelly's presentation will remain available so you can check it out when you have the time.
12-07-2019 08:06 PM
thanks for the heads up - just watch it on FB - (not live)
most of the videos I've seen many many times and of course choked up on a few special ones
brava to Shelley and her tiny village
12-08-2019 09:00 AM
@wildflowers, there is pearl clutching which is where you are at, there is PEARL CLUTCHING, which you have gotten past except when warranted and then there is something that I would never try to "fix" for any of us and that is soul crushing compassion. Without that this thread would not have lasted as long as it has.
As much as it hurts the stories of Grandpa Mason, Shadow, Serenity and so many others help keep us here. We need the sadness and losses to enable us to keep feeling and appreciating the joy of the victories be it from TK miracles like Cassidy and Aura or the simple joy of a kitten getting a furever home.
Thank you for this thread and for a beautiful post, @Marp. So true, so insightful. I also want to thank you for helping me with the Wordpress question... still unsure of any way to use it inconspicuously and carefully but as with everything I always have hope. I appreciate you, for so many reasons, and wanted to be sure you know.❤️
12-08-2019 09:02 AM
@Marp ...Your post is so beautifully stated and all of the pearl clutching stages and emotions that we all go through are so very worth it...whether it be through TinyKittens or our own personal experiences with our so very special furry blessings...Our lives are so much fuller and enriched by every single one that crosses our paths during our lives.
Little did I know, when I first came upon your thread, how much it would touch my life as well as so many others and prove to be so invaluable in helping to bring awareness and education of the plight that these precious ferals and strays go through.
Those of us that post may have dwindled to just a handful now over the years, but the special connection will always be there.
Another lovely post. I agree with you, @wildflowers, completely.❤️
12-08-2019 09:11 AM
Our magnificent Mr. Titan Pickles crossed the Bridge today. For 93 days, we loved him fiercely as we fought to give his failing body more time. <3
Our hearts are broken because he became such a big part of our lives and will be missed. At the same time, we feel relief and comfort knowing he lived a very full, very long life, was SO loved, and is now free from pain and frolicking with Mason, Quarkles, Nano and all of our other lost loves.
One of his amazing snugglers, Kathryn, is known for her daily "gratitude" posts, finding ways to feel gratitude even on the hardest days. She wrote this for Titan:
Gratitude – for Titan,
• for his honest request for help,
• for his willingness to put up with all the tests, procedures, and medications,
• for his simple appreciation of a lap to curl up in,
• for those moments when his eyes connected to my soul,
• for his love of chin rubs and whisker rubs,
• for the delightful way he could fall asleep with his head in my hand,
• and for the way he loved the amazing team of humans fighting for him.
Gratitude – on behalf of Titan
• for Tinykittens who made it possible for a scrawny, gnarly-looking old feral to spend his last weeks surrounded by love, and getting the best possible veterinary care money could buy,
• for the #tinyvillage always there to help support Tinykittens while they save lives and make miracles happen,
• for the neighborhood family who watched over him, fed him, loved him, and slipped a hot water-bottle into his bed at night (for years),
• for his best friend Tiberius,
• for the Happy Forest feeders who made sure he got canned food whenever he showed up for feeding time,
• for Lorie who brought him to HQ when he showed up at the feeding station looking for help,
• for Shelly saying, bring him in, and scrambling to get an immediate appointment at MV,
• for the volunteers who shuffled rides and schedules to make sure he had a constant stream of visitors even when he was in Vancouver at the ICU,
• for the entire TinyKittens staff who kept meticulous notes, weighed food, measured medications, vigilantly monitored his litterbox, and loved him enough to let him go when he was ready,
• to the medical staff at MountainView and Canada West for never giving up on him or taking a short cut,
• for the wonderful people who were waiting to take him into their home and foster him,
• and for the group of people who loved him so much they adopted him, and made him officially theirs before he left this world.
Kathryn and the rest of his snugglers officially adopted Titan before he crossed the Bridge. She and Cathy were with him in the ICU when his doctors along with Dr. F helped us make the decision that it was time to say goodbye.
We so are grateful we got to know Titan, and that his story will be told.
His life mattered.
So sad. So eloquent and moving... now I have tears and I feel the heartbreak as another of the TK Magnificents makes safe passage to the other side.
12-08-2019 09:22 AM
I am grateful for each of you! I hope you're staying safe and warm and finding good things in this holiday season! It will be gone before we know it, so enjoy while it's here!😍😍😍
12-09-2019 06:21 AM - edited 12-09-2019 06:23 AM
I haven't been watching the cams but starting at 2:55am kitten time today
we see how one becomes a blanket monster - starring the mom and daughter
I forget the names but one is named Judith? beautiful cats
hope you all are doing great
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.
© 1995-2019 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved Trademark Notice