Stay in Touch
Get sneak previews of special offers & upcoming events delivered to your inbox.
11-18-2019 09:03 AM - edited 11-18-2019 09:07 AM
Update on Mr. Pickles on the TK Facebook page. And a video Not sure why it shows up the way it does, but that is how I see it on FB. The important thing is you can read it.
It’s been 81 days since 16-year-old Mr. Pickles showed up at our feral cat feeding station on the brink of death.
His condition was so grave we feared euthanasia would be his only option. We became cautiously hopeful when we learned he was suffering from hyperthyroidism, severe dehydration, starvation and infections — all of which were theoretically treatable. As we continued to work on diagnosing and treating him, we discovered he is also FIV+, has heart disease, ideopathic cystitis, early kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease, anemia... and of course, ringworm.
It's a pretty daunting list medical issues, but as you can see in the video, he's happy to be alive and LOVES his time with our awesome volunteer snugglers. <3
His medical team at Canada West Veterinary Specialists is cautiously encouraged that he is slowly gaining weight, and most of his systems are stable or slowly improving. There's no doubt Mr. Pickles' journey will continue to be complicated. We are hoping to be able to get him healthy enough to spend his sunset months or years in a loving foster home where he can continue to get diligent medical care and monitoring.
We are so grateful for the love and support of our #TinyVillage, and that you see the value in saving this special old guy. We are also super grateful for the team at Canada West, who also see he is worth saving, and are working as hard as we are to give him a good life, for however long we can. <3
11-19-2019 09:08 AM
@Witchy Woman ...Thanks so much for the update on Titan (Mr. Pickles)....The video of Titan is so heartwarming and beautiful to watch....to see this precious handsome elderly cat surrounded by very special angels filled with such compassion and loving care and who value the lives of these very special blessings, regardless of age and health, and will do anything within their power to make sure that this fragile time in their lives will be filled with comfort, dignity, compassion and love.
My heart is touched so deeply with such respect and love for Shelly and the TK community, as they spread the message of love, compassion, value and dignity for all!
https://www.facebook.com/events/cable-center-events/tinykittens-founder-shelly-roche-live-in-denver/...Causes event in Denver, CO by snowcats and Tinykittens on Saturday, ... ticket required, only General Admission to Snowcats Cat Convention + Festival.
11-23-2019 07:06 AM - edited 11-23-2019 10:00 AM
That is too funny....morning to all!
Reminds me of one of my kitties that I found sleeping in my kitchen towel drawer. She was small enough to slip under the cabinet kick plate and into the drawer!
They can get into the craziest spaces.
Cold here this morning. Hard to believe Thanksgiving is almost here. Time goes way too fast.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I've lost track of the live feeds at TK, so have not checked in on anyone.
11-28-2019 07:51 AM
11-28-2019 10:14 AM
Was just coming here to post my good wishes!
Very windy and cold here, but, a beautiful day.
One of the Hallmark channels has a Yule Log scene with music, cats, kittens, puppies, a dog, bunnies and even a pig. My husband alerted me to it and now, that's playing in the background. Periodically, one of them is lounging on a little sofa! So precious.
Hope everyone's heart has a chance to sing with happiness today....and every day.
11-29-2019 08:07 PM - edited 11-30-2019 08:00 AM
Our magnificent Mr. Titan Pickles crossed the Bridge today. For 93 days, we loved him fiercely as we fought to give his failing body more time. <3
Our hearts are broken because he became such a big part of our lives and will be missed. At the same time, we feel relief and comfort knowing he lived a very full, very long life, was SO loved, and is now free from pain and frolicking with Mason, Quarkles, Nano and all of our other lost loves.
One of his amazing snugglers, Kathryn, is known for her daily "gratitude" posts, finding ways to feel gratitude even on the hardest days. She wrote this for Titan:
Gratitude – for Titan,
• for his honest request for help,
• for his willingness to put up with all the tests, procedures, and medications,
• for his simple appreciation of a lap to curl up in,
• for those moments when his eyes connected to my soul,
• for his love of chin rubs and whisker rubs,
• for the delightful way he could fall asleep with his head in my hand,
• and for the way he loved the amazing team of humans fighting for him.
Gratitude – on behalf of Titan
• for Tinykittens who made it possible for a scrawny, gnarly-looking old feral to spend his last weeks surrounded by love, and getting the best possible veterinary care money could buy,
• for the #tinyvillage always there to help support Tinykittens while they save lives and make miracles happen,
• for the neighborhood family who watched over him, fed him, loved him, and slipped a hot water-bottle into his bed at night (for years),
• for his best friend Tiberius,
• for the Happy Forest feeders who made sure he got canned food whenever he showed up for feeding time,
• for Lorie who brought him to HQ when he showed up at the feeding station looking for help,
• for Shelly saying, bring him in, and scrambling to get an immediate appointment at MV,
• for the volunteers who shuffled rides and schedules to make sure he had a constant stream of visitors even when he was in Vancouver at the ICU,
• for the entire TinyKittens staff who kept meticulous notes, weighed food, measured medications, vigilantly monitored his litterbox, and loved him enough to let him go when he was ready,
• to the medical staff at MountainView and Canada West for never giving up on him or taking a short cut,
• for the wonderful people who were waiting to take him into their home and foster him,
• and for the group of people who loved him so much they adopted him, and made him officially theirs before he left this world.
Kathryn and the rest of his snugglers officially adopted Titan before he crossed the Bridge. She and Cathy were with him in the ICU when his doctors along with Dr. F helped us make the decision that it was time to say goodbye.
We so are grateful we got to know Titan, and that his story will be told.
His life mattered.
12-01-2019 06:42 PM
@Marp ...Thanks so much for posting the latest news on precious ((((((Mr. Titan Pickles))))))
I love how Shelly refers to the Senior Ferals as "magnificent" of which there is no doubt they all truly are and their stories never fail to touch our hearts so very deeply.
I became overwhelmed....kleenex definitely a necessity....while reading the loving and compassionate "gratitude" posts that snuggler Kathryn wrote for Mr. Titan Pickles...yet another testimony of how very special TinyKittens is and all that they give of themselves.
Such a heartfelt beautiful eulogy for a "magnificent" senior feral whose "life truly mattered".
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.
© 1995-2019 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved Trademark Notice