The Place

I know - where do you want to eat?

The Place 

I have to put it somewhere so I can remember next year  - 

I leave it to you to remind me - lol

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Marp @yahooey @Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness ...

Cat Happy Waving To Everyone! Cat Happy

For those who are familiar with and have been wondering about the two senior kitties, Shadow & Titan, I came upon this updated post this morning regarding precious ((((((((Shadow)))))))) and his touching life story. Heart

45 days ago, Mason sent Shadow to us for help. For 45 beautiful days, we got to make sure Shadow knew love, comfort and freedom from pain. This morning, Dr. F opened up Mountain View Veterinary Hospital early to help Shadow cross the Bridge peacefully and painlessly.

We are so grateful to his sunset foster parents Angie and David, who opened their hearts to Shadow completely and without hesitation, even knowing this day would come. Comfort, love and the dignity of a peaceful passing are incredible gifts to give an elderly cat. Those priceless gifts come at a high cost to those who had the courage to love him so fiercely.

We all fell in love with Shadow, with his loooong legs and soulful eyes, and the timing and inexplicable circumstances of his arrival. Shadow became known around his house as Thin Arnold, and he was pampered

and spoiled every minute of his time with them. He was completely deaf, but as soon as he saw you he would start purring and get up for pets. He lived a very full life of adventures for two decades, and survived against all odds.

We know from tracing his ear tattoo that he was neutered in Langley almost 20 years ago, and from talking to his first family that he had at least three families and then somehow ended up living on the streets. We've heard from several people who have seen him and fed him throughout the years, and a few who tried unsuccessfully to catch him to bring him inside. He touched a lot of lives, his life mattered, and he crossed the Bridge surrounded by love.

Among other things, Shadow had an inoperable bladder tumor. He had hyperthyroidism and had almost starved to death. 45 days ago, his ninth life was coming to an end.

Somehow, instead of laying down under a bush, or crawling off somewhere no one would find him, Shadow appeared on the sidewalk in front of his unsuspecting future foster mom Angie, and collapsed. She had him at our door at Tinykittens within minutes.

In the days before I said goodbye to Grandpa Mason, he and I had many conversations. I asked him to send his friends to us if they needed help. Shadow appeared just days after Mason passed, and I don't think that was a coincidence.

Now, we wait to see who he sends us next.

Image may contain: 1 person
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

Thanks for posting this.  I had wondered about him.

@yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@Marp 

@HerRoyaLioness 

I had just stopped in to the TK Facebook page this morning, but didn't see this.  Not sure why, so I'm going back to check why I missed it if it was there.

The live feed of the kittens seems to come and go, so I stopped checking the chat for info.

I did see all the Peanuts clan was adopted, but have no idea which kittens they are.

Nevertheless, it is sad, heartbreaking news, but I know Shelly puts the best light on it and that is the ONLY way one can continue to do the work.  Instead of seeing just Shadow's death, she sees that he was found and loved and that's what he will remember.  That is the best way to process it.  He was loved and knew comfort.

It is very puzzling that he had known homes and, yet, managed to end up on the street.  That, I don't understand, but it's pointless to wonder now.

I adore the photo of him with his Foster mom.  It must be heartbreaking for them, and I admire them beyond words to be able to take him on knowing it would not be for very long.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the holidays.  We've had a few snow showers already.  Our November is colder than normal.

I'm not going to complain just yet as I was surely tired of the heat and humidity of just a short time ago.

It gets dark so early now, so a sunny day is a real gift.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman,  the piece on Shadow is posted at Grandpa Mason and his kittens.

If my copy and paste doesn't result in a live link go back to Wildflowers' post and click on the above, that is a live link.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Marp 

Yes, thank you, I just found it.  There were some other photos of him there. 

He was a beautiful cat.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What a life little Shadow lived, touching lives along the way and, I hope, experiencing more in the way of goodness and warmth that outweighed the struggles he had.   I adore that photo, too, @Witchy Woman.    It exudes tenderness and "home at last" for this beautiful cat.   Shelly really does have a way with words that come from a place of love and deep compassion and determination.    I can't help but to shed more tears now.   Thank you for letting us know, @wildflowers.   

⭐️“He drew a circle that shut me out. Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win: we drew a circle that welcomed him in.” ~E. Markham ⭐️

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

thank you @wildflowers for letting us know about Shadow

I knew he had an ear tattoo but how did thy traced that he lived with multiple families?

we will never know but his last home, he was loved and now he has gone on to hang with Grandpaw Mason to find more cats to send to TK

waving hi to everyone @dooBdoo @Witchy Woman @Marp 

I'm glad that the Peanuts gang are going home - named after the musical group

Earth Wind and Fire  + air  and ether thrown in

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@yahooey ...Shadow's story saddens and haunts me!...It is so overwhelming for me to even begin to comprehend how, from his story posted, he was in four different homes...only to end up on the streets...and his last chapter of making it to TK in such a heartwrenching state of health...of which we can only try to manage to find some solace that at least his last 45 days were surrounded by much loving care and compassion...It just breaks my heart!

And I'm still haunted by Serenity being returned to the "Happy Forest"...such a fragile beauty with that beautiful face and soulful pleading eyes.

What can I say!...This is me...and, as our so very observant @Marp so obviously noted in a recent post....quote...

"@wildflowers,  Heart Heart

You sure have come a long way from your constant pearl clutching days LOL."

Cat LOL She saw right through my supposed "no more pearl clutching" shell and broke it wide open!...It still cracks me up! Cat LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@wildflowers,  there is pearl clutching which is where you are at, there is PEARL CLUTCHING, which you have gotten past except when warranted and then there is something that I would never try to "fix" for any of us and that is soul crushing compassion.  Without that this thread would not have lasted as long as it has.

As much as it hurts the stories of Grandpa Mason, Shadow, Serenity and so many others help keep us here.  We need the sadness and losses to enable us to keep feeling and appreciating the joy of the victories be it from TK miracles like Cassidy and Aura or the simple joy of a kitten getting a furever home.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Marp ...Your post is so beautifully stated and all of the pearl clutching stages and emotions that we all go through are so very worth it...whether it be through TinyKittens or our own personal experiences with our so very special furry blessings...Our lives are so much fuller and enriched by every single one that crosses our paths during our lives.

Little did I know, when I first came upon your thread, how much it would touch my life as well as so many others and prove to be so invaluable in helping to bring awareness and education of the plight that these precious ferals and strays go through.

Those of us that post may have dwindled to just a handful now over the years, but the special connection will always be there. Heart