Honored Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

We spent the day at Easton Beach without knowing that the Cliff Walk is a few blocks away. So after we packed it up - we did the Cliff Walk late in the afternoon.

The rental bike is nowhere near the Cliff Walk - differenet location althogether

We rented bikes at NBX by Warren St - close to the East Bay Bike Path

If you are up to it - highly recommended- you can park the car at their lot and bike over to the path - when facing the path - go left - then u will see lthe water on your right. We went the wrong way and iti is a shorter path and you wind up over the bridge

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 4.18.55 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...Oh okay, I'm not familiar with the Easton Beach area....We have made a few trips over to Newport while staying at Mystic, CT, but we haven't been to other areas of RI except for Charleston and Misquamicut Beach and that has only been a couple of times.

Very impressive descriptive map posting.Cat Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

oooh Mystic Ct - absolute fav lobster roll - Abbott's Lobster in the Rough - lobster served warm. Have you ever been there? Do you like clam pizza? Heard of it and tried it once - it was diffeent but still very good. It is 1:30 am and I'm drooling over the thought of pizza.

there are so many beaches in RI with different names every 1/2 mile lol

I'm not familiar with the beaches you visited - I'm sure they were very nice 

We walked around the Newport shopping area but didn't hang out at the beah.

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

oooh Mystic Ct - absolute fav lobster roll - Abbott's Lobster in the Rough - lobster served warm. Have you ever been there? Do you like clam pizza? Heard of it and tried it once - it was diffeent but still very good. It is 1:30 am and I'm drooling over the thought of pizza.

there are so many beaches in RI with different names every 1/2 mile lol

I'm not familiar with the beaches you visited - I'm sure they were very nice 

We walked around the Newport shopping area but didn't hang out at the beah.

@Yahooey ...I sure have been to Abbott's Lobster in the Rough....The Mystic area is only about a 1-1/2 hour drive from where we live...Steamed lobster dipped in a little butter is the only way I eat my lobster...the same with clams also but I don't eat clams often anymore.

About that drooling for pizza during the wee morning hours, be sure to keep English Muffins in your fridge so, at a moment's notice, you can just top one with whatever your heart desires and you will have a quick remedy to ease the drooling!...lol

While my husband and I were driving up to Rhode Island to the Charleston area to go to the Matunuck Oyster Bar & Restaurant, I made the same remark to him about how, for such a teeny weeny State, RI is sure broken up into several different areas within such short distances from each other.

By the way, here's a link to an outdoor seafood restaurant not far from the Mystic area that my husband and I want to try out next season so, the next time you are in the area, you may want to give it a try also...They roast everything on an open fire pit....We've seen it featured on our local news...rave reviews!...Click on "all photos" once you get to their website...Yummy!

The Place, Guilford - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone ... https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33798-d535202-Reviews-The_Place-Guilford_Connecticut....The Place, Guilford: See 289 unbiased reviews of The Place, rated 4 of 5 on TripAdvisor and ranked #2 of 73 ... 891 Boston Post Rd, Guilford, CT 06437-2752 .

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove that place called THE PLACE looks amazing

sound like the begining of a joke

Where do you want to eat

The Place

What place?

The Place

I know - where do you want to eat?

The Place 

I have to put it somewhere so I can remember next year  - 

I leave it to you to remind me - lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness ...

Cat Happy Waving To Everyone! Cat Happy

For those who are familiar with and have been wondering about the two senior kitties, Shadow & Titan, I came upon this updated post this morning regarding precious ((((((((Shadow)))))))) and his touching life story. Heart

45 days ago, Mason sent Shadow to us for help. For 45 beautiful days, we got to make sure Shadow knew love, comfort and freedom from pain. This morning, Dr. F opened up Mountain View Veterinary Hospital early to help Shadow cross the Bridge peacefully and painlessly.

We are so grateful to his sunset foster parents Angie and David, who opened their hearts to Shadow completely and without hesitation, even knowing this day would come. Comfort, love and the dignity of a peaceful passing are incredible gifts to give an elderly cat. Those priceless gifts come at a high cost to those who had the courage to love him so fiercely.

We all fell in love with Shadow, with his loooong legs and soulful eyes, and the timing and inexplicable circumstances of his arrival. Shadow became known around his house as Thin Arnold, and he was pampered

and spoiled every minute of his time with them. He was completely deaf, but as soon as he saw you he would start purring and get up for pets. He lived a very full life of adventures for two decades, and survived against all odds.

We know from tracing his ear tattoo that he was neutered in Langley almost 20 years ago, and from talking to his first family that he had at least three families and then somehow ended up living on the streets. We've heard from several people who have seen him and fed him throughout the years, and a few who tried unsuccessfully to catch him to bring him inside. He touched a lot of lives, his life mattered, and he crossed the Bridge surrounded by love.

Among other things, Shadow had an inoperable bladder tumor. He had hyperthyroidism and had almost starved to death. 45 days ago, his ninth life was coming to an end.

Somehow, instead of laying down under a bush, or crawling off somewhere no one would find him, Shadow appeared on the sidewalk in front of his unsuspecting future foster mom Angie, and collapsed. She had him at our door at Tinykittens within minutes.

In the days before I said goodbye to Grandpa Mason, he and I had many conversations. I asked him to send his friends to us if they needed help. Shadow appeared just days after Mason passed, and I don't think that was a coincidence.

Now, we wait to see who he sends us next.

Image may contain: 1 person
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Thanks for posting this.  I had wondered about him.

@Yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@Marp 

@HerRoyaLioness 

I had just stopped in to the TK Facebook page this morning, but didn't see this.  Not sure why, so I'm going back to check why I missed it if it was there.

The live feed of the kittens seems to come and go, so I stopped checking the chat for info.

I did see all the Peanuts clan was adopted, but have no idea which kittens they are.

Nevertheless, it is sad, heartbreaking news, but I know Shelly puts the best light on it and that is the ONLY way one can continue to do the work.  Instead of seeing just Shadow's death, she sees that he was found and loved and that's what he will remember.  That is the best way to process it.  He was loved and knew comfort.

It is very puzzling that he had known homes and, yet, managed to end up on the street.  That, I don't understand, but it's pointless to wonder now.

I adore the photo of him with his Foster mom.  It must be heartbreaking for them, and I admire them beyond words to be able to take him on knowing it would not be for very long.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the holidays.  We've had a few snow showers already.  Our November is colder than normal.

I'm not going to complain just yet as I was surely tired of the heat and humidity of just a short time ago.

It gets dark so early now, so a sunny day is a real gift.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman,  the piece on Shadow is posted at Grandpa Mason and his kittens.

If my copy and paste doesn't result in a live link go back to Wildflowers' post and click on the above, that is a live link.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp 

Yes, thank you, I just found it.  There were some other photos of him there. 

He was a beautiful cat.

Honored Contributor

What a life little Shadow lived, touching lives along the way and, I hope, experiencing more in the way of goodness and warmth that outweighed the struggles he had.   I adore that photo, too, @Witchy Woman.    It exudes tenderness and "home at last" for this beautiful cat.   Shelly really does have a way with words that come from a place of love and deep compassion and determination.    I can't help but to shed more tears now.   Thank you for letting us know, @MyShadowLove.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova