Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@HerRoyaLioness 

@dooBdoo 

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp

Well, speaking of memory, I hope everyone will forgive me for forgetting much of what I read Cat LOL

Maybe it is aging, but I feel I remember less and less!  

I have noticed Lila....the little striped fluffy kitty.  Really sweet faced.  I stopped in to the Kit Kat Playroom after a long absence, and she has a Halloween litter.  The room is covered in Halloween decor.  Very cute.  I drifted away and have not been back in a long time.

I love them all and always wish each one finds a happy home.  

We have been very dry, but rain moving in today.  Will rain all day, but we need it.

So far, autumn has been a bit disappointing.  Like many of you, I have visions of what it once was, and this year, there is little color so far.  But, the nut trees in my yard are working overtime.  We sit out in the late day for a bit, and falling nuts are an ever-present danger!

Then, the squirrels get right overhead and beginning eating and it rains down on us.  It's amazing they can get through the Hickory hulls, but you can hear them chewing.

Happy thoughts going out to everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

What kinds of nut trees do you have? Have you ever gather them for yourself? Squirrels crack me up. My sister would find her flower bulbs sprouting 2 yards away. They dig up and replant elsewhere. She also has a fruit tree (not a lot of fruit) so the squirrels help themselves with a hole in each one which upsets her - I understand since the tree doesn't bear a lot of fruit.

Lila has the sweetest face - such a floofy kitten. Major grooming will be needed.

@HerRoyaLioness @dooBdoo @MyShadowLove @Marp 
Happy 3rd gotcha anniversary - Grandpa was posted. I watched and welled up again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey 

DH says they are hickory nuts.  They have a tough hull, then a light brown/tan shelled nut inside.  Evidently, the squirrels have no trouble gnawing through both.

I no longer put bulbs out as they destroyed those in no time.  And, we have a cherry tree planted long ago that I've yet to see a cherry on.  The squirrels get them first!

We have never gathered them, although I am tempted now and again.  The nut part seems rather small compared to the whole of the thing.  I would need a on of nuts to have much to enjoy.

My mother used to gather black walnuts from a neighbor.  What an ordeal.  Huge hulls that had to be smashed and they would stain anything....we would put them in the driveway. 

Then, the actual nut which was....well, tough as a nut! Cat LOL  The shell was so thick and strong, she had to hammer them repeatedly to get to the nut.  I was a multi-month process.  Smash the hull, let the nuts dry, then smash them and pick.  Way too much trouble!

But, she was Italian, and these nuts seemed to evoke memories for her.  I also think she was frugal and liked getting the nuts "free."  Considering all the time and effort, they were anything but that.

The taste of black walnuts is pretty strong and you've got to be a real nut lover to enjoy them.  She would use them in cookies mostly.

That was a time before shelled nuts in the grocery store were easily found.  Now, they are abundant and only an ardent nut lover would consider doing all that work, including me!

I would love a kitty like Lila.  My Gabriel was like that.  Very floofy and sweet-faced.  Just a wild little thing that showed up and was so affectionate!  I miss him terribly when I see a little cat like Lila.

I'm skipping any videos on Grandpa Mason, but I'm sure it's beautiful just the same.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman- I went over to the Kit Kat Playroom to see that new litter and oh my gosh are they cute!  The light (diluted) gingers are adorable - one is so light I would call it a buff color.  And the calico fluff one is just too cute - I want them all!!!

And as for Lila, she couldn't have a sweeter face - she seems to have caught the chatter's eyes too, they make comments about her.

My cousin's Grandma used to crack hickory nuts and we would always buy a bag.  Her only way of making some "pin money". How many hours she must have spent doing that!

We actually had a little sunlight today, hoping for more tomorrow - weekend's forecast is more rain........

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman @Yahooey @HerRoyaLioness ...

When I saw your posts mentioning the KitKat Playroom, it brought back to memory a precious little kitty that the woman was caring for that had Hydrocephalus...I don't recall the name of the kitty.

I checked in, from time to time, to see how kitty was doing and then I had missed a while...When I went back to check, the kitty was no longer on cam.

Do either of you know if a forever home was found or did she end up keeping the kitty herself...I don't recall the name of the woman from KitKat Playroom either.

It's been a while, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@Marp 

Tate was the kitties name and he is still with Jen.

I happened to see on the Facebook page that Tate had been having seizures, but they were resolved.  I haven't checked back.

I would guess Tate will or is a permanent resident at KitKat playroom.

He's a sweet-faced little orange cat.  She seems very devoted to him.  At least I think it is a him!

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

When I saw those little Hallween cats I had all I could to do keep from calling Jen to say I wanted them all. Cat LOL

They are perfect in every way.

Then, I remember my age and how much heartache I've had with sickness and loss and I simply cannot bring myself to bring in more cats.

My senior boy is still active as he can be, so....I need to focus on him.  And, I tell myself the less I spend on Vet bills, the more I can help the local rescues.

It's a trade off for me.  I adore cats.  But, I have to be realistic about the future.  I see many cats in shelters and rescues because of an "elderly" person having to surrender. 

Very windy here today...just brutal.  Hoping it moderates overnight.  You cannot be outside in this kind of wind.

Yes, my mom would sell her Black Walnuts, too.  But, seriously, all that work for a few dollars?  I guess I am lazy, or have never needed the money, but I am thankful I don't have to crack nuts!  Although, I know she enjoyed us, but all that work!

Esteemed Contributor

@yahooey, @HerRoyaLioness, @Witchy Woman, @wildflowers

@dooBdoo 

OCT 17: Grandpa Mason has sent us some more surprise kittens.

PSA: 4 new Happy Forest kittens approx 3 weeks old. Tuxie male 287g, Panther male 289g, Tuxie female 330g, Tabby tuxie male 314g. All have URIs. RW confirmed on Tuxie girl & Tabby boy. No sign of mom.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp 

Apparently, Granpa Mason has too much time on his paws!

They are almost overrun with tiny furballs Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@Marp @Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove @Yahooey  and everyone,

Marp, thanks for letting us know, but ohhh boy!  Four more little bitty ones, although I have never seen Shelly more in all her glory than when she is doing an intake.  She just shines at it!

She is focused, gets right down to business and inspects every inch of them and is determined none should be left with dirty ears, Heaven forbid! 

These had to be dipped as one has ringworm.  All the protesting, I think they thought they were not long for this world.  Little do they know that because they are at TK, they will have happy long lives.

They had some bottles and then were served the "mush" and devoured it like the Canadian kittens. Then they crashed and slept and slept.  Busy day for them, they were so tuckered out.  Shelly had lots of helpers this time.

Hugs to them all for helping save these poor little ones!

(((((HeartShelly and TK HelpersHeart)))))