Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@Yahooeyand all!

Waving back.

My desktop computer updated and conked out. 

Long story short, after taking it to a local computer shop, then remembering it was under warranty, trying to diagnose, reach Dell, etc., etc., it just started working again.  We just had to laugh.

I am so happy the two elders are improving.  I tried to peek in now and again hoping I would not see any crisis.  

The new kits (or current ones I should say), are so cute....as they always are.  I love it best when they are in the Glamper.

Always so much going on there!

One of "my" local rescues is doing an outdoor event tonight.  Bonfire, band, food...the whole thing.  I made 8 baskets for them, so we will stop by and have some food truck food tonight.  My husband said he never gets junk food, so he's excited.

Very cool here now...warms in the afternoon.  Dry, and the leaves have little color.

But, I think autumn is underway.  I drug out my autumn decor, and will put out a bit of Halloween decor next week.

I asked for a garden wagon for my Halloween birthday so I could haul my stuff around the yard Cat LOL  DH always gets me something I don't need, so this year, I asked for the wagon.

We shall see!

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Honored Contributor

Greetings, @MyShadowLove@Witchy Woman@Marp@HerRoyaLioness@Yahooey!   

I read somewhere (maybe one of the Facebook posts) that they were able to determine background info about Shadow as you said, @Yahooey.   Sad and mystifying that he evidently had a family but ended up out on his own and so weak and in need of care.   It's heartening and at least some solace to know he and Mr. Titan Pickles are being bathed in love and warmth now.

@Witchy Woman,  How lovely to create and offer those baskets!   You're a gem.   Glad your computer decided to fix itself...  one of my mentors in IT used to whack the side of the monitor and say, "computers... work of the devil!" and then grin.   Hope you get that wagon!   Enjoy the decorating... we're into your "witching" season now, and such a fun time to decorate!

It's still hot here, and with autumn being my favorite season it's frustrating to see the leaves crispy and crumbly still on the trees, baked in the sun, and probably a forecast of minimal fall colors this year.  (sigh)  Such is life.   

Hope everyone has a lovely day and weekend!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @Yahooey @Marp @HerRoyaLioness ...

Waving To Everyone! Cat Very Happy

I'm so happy to see the PSA that Titan and Shadow are continuing to do so well...although not surprising at all under the wonderful, dedicated and loving care of the TK community!

When I peeked in this morning, I noticed that Angela has been joined with her sister Shirley...Was Shirley just trapped over the weekend?

Precious Serenity is still in my thoughts!...Has anyone seen a PSA about any sightings of her recently at the feeding stations in the HF?

@Yahooey ...lol..Exactly!...It is not unusual at all to see shorts still being worn when temps are in the 50's around these parts....I think it's denial that Winter is on its way!...lol...I love Winter and the snow...for a while!...We used to go Cross Country skiing but have slowly reitired our skis and now enjoy taking long walks in the snow and refreshing cold weather!...Yes, you heard me...I said refreshing!...lol...I especially love walking in a fresh falling snow...It is really beautiful...that is until around the end of January and then I'm ready for Spring to arrive!

@dooBdoo ..Can I ask what part of the Country you live?...I don't want to rub it in but we have been having beautiful Fall weather and the colors are stunning as always!...I'm in CT, but my heart will always be in NY...my beautiful home State!

@Witchy Woman...Don't you just love it!...We just got an update on our computer also and, afterwards, it was running slower than a tortoise...So, I called our cable company for a modem refresh and our computer then took off like a cheetah!...I usually get in touch with Dell online for a yearly physical on our computer just to be sure that everything is looking good and they just take control and check everything out...I think I will have that done this afternoon.

Your local rescue event sounds wonderful and I'm sure you and DH had a great time!...I wish you could post a picture of one of your baskets made with so much love!

I have a feeling that DH will definitely see to it that his Halloween Birthday Girl gets a very special garden wagon with some surprises added inside also...Maybe your senior kitty will enjoy taking rides in it! Cat Happy

@HerRoyaLioness ...Hope all is well with you!...I peek in every now and then on your special thread in Wellness...such a wonderful support group of very special, caring ladies...I may just come over and crash it (actually visit...lol) this afternoon! Cat Happy

@Marp ...Oh Yoo Hoo!...Hope you are enjoying some Fall weather in NC, although I'm sure it arrives a little later...I have a sister in Georgia and she misses New York so very much, but her son & family moved there due to his job and she wanted to be close to them...I have visited her a few times and she makes an occasional visit "back home" every now and then.

Okay, everyone, it is to reach 70 today and I'm headed out to pick up a new bird feeder and help get the birds settled in...We have five birdhouses and a birdbath and we get a beautiful variety of birds, although they have gradually "left town" over the past few years, due to a hawk that started making occasional visits...We haven't seen him that much during this past year so, hopefully, he has "flown the coop".

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! Cat Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Shirley has been here for a while. I believe they first got a few kittens and then got the mom with more kittens. The chatters were calling her swirley for a while since she had swirl patten which morphed into Shirley I think.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

Shirley has been here for a while. I believe they first got a few kittens and then got the mom with more kittens. The chatters were calling her swirley for a while since she had swirl patten which morphed into Shirley I think.

@Yahooey ...And which just proves how impossible it is to keep up with it all...or I might just be avoiding the fact that it may be my memory! LOL

I think you are the youngest of our group, so we all are depending on your youthful memory from hereon! Cat Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

I'm a big proponent of lists. Whenever I need something - put it on an ongoing to buy list. Still forget sometimes.

I never remember the details as some of these chatters. Probably have a pie chart, an excel sheet and a powerpoint presentation.

Never rely on me for names - I just know the basic plotline.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

if you are here - go to TK 3:47 pm- the striped kitten Lila and mama Shirley - so cute

squeeee!

saw a timestamp - I can't tell the difference between Lila and the other striped tabby

but if the chatter says Lila - who am I to disagree

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.45.27 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @Yahooey @Marp @HerRoyaLioness ...

Waving To Everyone! Cat Very Happy

I'm so happy to see the PSA that Titan and Shadow are continuing to do so well...although not surprising at all under the wonderful, dedicated and loving care of the TK community!

When I peeked in this morning, I noticed that Angela has been joined with her sister Shirley...Was Shirley just trapped over the weekend?

Precious Serenity is still in my thoughts!...Has anyone seen a PSA about any sightings of her recently at the feeding stations in the HF?

@Yahooey ...lol..Exactly!...It is not unusual at all to see shorts still being worn when temps are in the 50's around these parts....I think it's denial that Winter is on its way!...lol...I love Winter and the snow...for a while!...We used to go Cross Country skiing but have slowly reitired our skis and now enjoy taking long walks in the snow and refreshing cold weather!...Yes, you heard me...I said refreshing!...lol...I especially love walking in a fresh falling snow...It is really beautiful...that is until around the end of January and then I'm ready for Spring to arrive!

@dooBdoo ..Can I ask what part of the Country you live?...I don't want to rub it in but we have been having beautiful Fall weather and the colors are stunning as always!...I'm in CT, but my heart will always be in NY...my beautiful home State!

@Witchy Woman...Don't you just love it!...We just got an update on our computer also and, afterwards, it was running slower than a tortoise...So, I called our cable company for a modem refresh and our computer then took off like a cheetah!...I usually get in touch with Dell online for a yearly physical on our computer just to be sure that everything is looking good and they just take control and check everything out...I think I will have that done this afternoon.

Your local rescue event sounds wonderful and I'm sure you and DH had a great time!...I wish you could post a picture of one of your baskets made with so much love!

I have a feeling that DH will definitely see to it that his Halloween Birthday Girl gets a very special garden wagon with some surprises added inside also...Maybe your senior kitty will enjoy taking rides in it! Cat Happy

@HerRoyaLioness ...Hope all is well with you!...I peek in every now and then on your special thread in Wellness...such a wonderful support group of very special, caring ladies...I may just come over and crash it (actually visit...lol) this afternoon! Cat Happy

@Marp ...Oh Yoo Hoo!...Hope you are enjoying some Fall weather in NC, although I'm sure it arrives a little later...I have a sister in Georgia and she misses New York so very much, but her son & family moved there due to his job and she wanted to be close to them...I have visited her a few times and she makes an occasional visit "back home" every now and then.

Okay, everyone, it is to reach 70 today and I'm headed out to pick up a new bird feeder and help get the birds settled in...We have five birdhouses and a birdbath and we get a beautiful variety of birds, although they have gradually "left town" over the past few years, due to a hawk that started making occasional visits...We haven't seen him that much during this past year so, hopefully, he has "flown the coop".

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! Cat Happy

@MyShadowLove,  Greetings, sweetie!❤️   I'm in the Tennessee mountains, and our weather patterns have changed dramatically.    Even so...   fingers crossed that we'll get at least a modified version of the gorgeous autumn leaves...  that lovely crazyquilt of beauty that used to appear every year and that only Mother Nature can create.   Hey, it's okay to rub it in!   I love looking at the photos of all the fall colors, even if it's not always available here at my backdoor.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

if you are here - go to TK 3:47 pm- the striped kitten Lila and mama Shirley - so cute

squeeee!

saw a timestamp - I can't tell the difference between Lila and the other striped tabby

but if the chatter says Lila - who am I to disagree

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.45.27 PM.png

@Yahooey!

😻

Waving to you, @Marp@Witchy Woman@MyShadowLove@HerRoyaLioness!   Hope everyone is having a lovely week!

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo @Marp2 @Yahooey @MyShadowLove @Witchy Woman  and all,

Was away for the weekend, saw a few nice fall colors, but nothing like we used to have years ago in northern WI. 

It used to be so bright that when the sun would shine on all those trees, it almost hurt your eyes to look at them when driving down a road that they were all lined up on!!  The oranges so deep and brilliant, the yellows so bright, the reds magnificent and the deep greens in between to set off their beauty.  I love the fresh crisp air of Fall.  However, we've been mostly having rain and dreary days here, even set some rain records.

Well, all I know for sure is that there a lot of cats and babies and inbetweeners and some elderly over at TK. I love them all. Heart Many times when I peek in there are literally mound of kittens either trying to nurse, on either Mom it doesn't seem to matter, or sleeping and dreaming of having a furever home! They are just so cute and precious.

@MyShadowLoveI used to take the kids cross country skiing when we lived up north.  It was fun, I enjoyed it and we had some beautiful places to go.  Now I don't even think I could get on the ski and stand upright - I would fall over and break something!  Still love the beauty of snow though.

Yes, please visit our board over on Wellness!  They are such a great bunch and really helped me a lot through my chemo and radiation and all the things you have to deal with.  I don't know what I would have done without them.  It was pretty much a year of my life that I never want to through again, but am happy to be alive and still enjoying things.