Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Witchy Woman @wildflowers @Marp @HerRoyaLioness 

Oh no, Kimies is such a loving person - strong and determined. I can see how she puts others first berfore her own needs. Sending healing prayers to Kimies and may she feel better and recover quicjkly.

It is frightening how life can change so quicjkly.

Respected Contributor

@yahooey @Marp2 @Witchy Woman @wildflowers  - what an awful thing to be dealing with for her.  I hope they find out exactly what is wrong and that it can be taken care of. Sounds serious. She is such a special (cat) person and so giving of her time and resources. Then our bodies sometimes say, hey wait a minute, slow down, there’s something we have to take care of.   Wishing her well. 

Serenity’s beautiful kittens are going to their forever homes today!  So happy for them! 😅🎉

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness @yahooey @Witchy Woman @Marp ...

So very sorry to read about Kimsies health issues over the past several months....I have often wondered and felt concern about the volunteers who  work full time jobs and have their personal family lives/responsibilities, along with dedicating several hours each week towards the care of the rescues and feeding at the HF...Gwen, who is a Vet Tech and Dave who is a Firefighter also come to mind with all that they do!

They all give so much of themselves!

Joining with everyone in sending my best wishes and prayers for a good recovery and return back to good health for Kimsies!

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness @yahooey @Witchy Woman @Marp ...

I just checked into TK to see what is going on and also, admittedly, I've been anxiously hoping to see updates on Serenity since her return to the HF a couple of weeks ago...I did see a PSA within the past week or so that Nelia was seen but not Serenity and that concerned me of course.

Well, I was doing some shopping online for a few items tonight and decided to check into TK and guess what I happened to see posted in chat while scrolling through!!!...Serenity was seen at one of the feeding stations!!!....It was as if I was meant to check into TK at that exact moment....Do you believe in feelings like this?

I'm just so beyond relieved and excited and just needed to rush over to share this wonderful news with you!....I also posted some of the responses in chat from others who also had fallen in love with this precious, gentle and sensitive beauty!...(the one that I bolded touched my heart as this is exactly as I had pictured sweet Serenity...I felt so strongly in my heart that she wasn't meant to be returned to the HF and that she is quite vulnerable.)

I'm so happy that she was finally seen!...I, of course, enlarged and zoomed in on her image to see better how she was looking!...I wanted to scoop her up and return her to a more secure and pampering environment! Heart

pink kitty purring hug emoticon

MsPudwina   Serenity showed up at the feeding station today!

https://www.facebook.com/366433273554...

Ginger Root Did she get something to eat while you were there or wait? Could you tell where she could have been coming from, or going? or staying the past couple of weeks? LOL. Did she leave a forwarding address?

Abby's Adventure as Shiraz-I found my way to Sesame Street Ginger    she came from PO barn area. She ate lots but got spooked by some cats. She must be close as she smelled the food being given out.

Ginger Root This is great news! Thanks so much for the update!

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

you - my dear gave me such wonderful news as I drift to dreamland

Serenity has a vulnerability and makes us all want to keep her safe - perhaps one day, she will return to hoomins and demand her extra fluffy gray blankie goes into her tinysuitcases

Respected Contributor

@yahooey ...Hey there...so good to 'see' you tonight!....Us New Yorkers are such night owls!...I was up at 6:15 this morning and had such a busy day and my body is still in energizer bunny mode!...Go figure!..LOL

So, I'm lurking a little tonight and it was a nice surprise to see your response tonight....You must be sweltering in the "Big Apple" and we have a long heat wave on its way starting tomorrow...but we're tough and we'll get through it... as always!

Sweet dreams, sweet lady! Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

let me tell you about my day - Have you heard of Shakespeare in the Park?

Free performances and tickets are given out the day of. You have multiple ways of getting these vouchers to be exchanged for real tickets at the venue.

Anyway - 1 library of a borough is chosen per day or you can wait at Central Park or a digital lottery. I went to the library with my sil - each person is allowed 2 vouchers. We sat in AC and waited from 10am till noon. They start giving then out at noon but we went there early to ensure getting one. I was sweating when I got home and showered.

I rested a bit, ate a little something and head out to meet for dinner before redeeming the vouchers for tickets. IT WAS SWELTERING. The show was Corolanus (tragedy). I was miserable - it is hard for me to comprehend Shakespeare to begin with and it was all gibberish. My brain was having a meltdown, I mentioned to a friend that I wasn't into it and wanted to leave and they can stayl We all opted out at intermission.

Many walked out towards the exit - it was too hot and not fun

So bottom line - I waited 2 hrs to get the vouchers and wanted to leave after 1/2 hr into the show. The running time was 3 hrs - you gotta be kidding me.  So here I am - showered  and in AC - checking in on the forums before snoozing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yahooey ....Your day actually sounds quite nice, minus the sweating part!...lol...An evening in Central Park watching a Play sounds wondeful!...You have so much entertainment available to you practically in your backyard!...However, yeah, I can definitely understand the sweltering conditions in the City during the Summer months...I have always avoided going there during the Summer months for that very reason.

If my husband and I ever won the Lottery or came into a huge inheritance, we would love to spend half of the year in the City and the rest of the year in a cozy cottage home overlooking the gorgeous rugged coastline of Maine...the best of both Worlds!

My husband was in the City towards the end of May...He spent a day there with a couple of friends....They had lunch first at a really nice restaurant in the Financial District and then they headed over to tour the 9/11 Memorial Site...It was a full day for sure and quite emotional and powerful, understandably.

I love going to the evening Summer concerts here in various towns in our area...not sure about this week though due to the heat wave coming in, but we do get nice breezes and the early morning hours and evening hours can be lovely, so we shall see.

Wish I could send some of our breezes your way while they last! Cat Happy 

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

I've only happen among the reflecting pools by accident - a wave of emotion washed over me. I didn't lose anybody but it hit me so unexpectedly. I don't cry at movies - I well and lump. Welled up in eyes without drops falling or have a lump in my throat.

Anyway - I felt drops overflowing my eyes - full cry and lump. I was taken aback from emotion. I probably will never visit the museum. Just can't

Respected Contributor

ooooh, your plans for spending the lottery $$$ sounds heavenly

Of course, I'm going to visit you and stay at the guesthouse complete with private pool and hot tub