Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Yahooey  - yes, there are many other sectors of the homeless population, my trial happened to be a homeless person, of which there are a large portion.  As society and times change so do they.  Haven't had the problems here of them asking for any money or things like that.

The addicts and the alcoholics are in full abundance and those are difficult ones to deal with because they will steal to get money for their habits.  And their families are usually through with trying to help them anymore at that point.

I so hope Serenity will do ok at the forest.  I will be anxious to see how she does.  I'm sure Nelia will be fine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update posted this morning...

7:53 AMInanna...PSA: TinyKittens HQ ​Serenity and Nelia are doing great, Nelia's milk is all dried up and Serenity is getting close. ​Hoping for a Thursday return to the forest.

crying hello kitty emoticon

Heart Be Safe & Healthy precious ((((((Serenity)))))))) Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @Marp ...

Cat Happy Waving To Everyone!...You are going to love this...posted in chat this morning!  Cat LOL

PSA..Catherine...Shelly is testing her CatCon presentation in front of a live audience... 

https://www.facebook.com/Auracuda/vid...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Yahooey 

@Marp 

Video of the going home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcrQDR60V3Y

I checked TK on Facebook this morning (so annoying if you are NOT registered), but noted that TK was taking back two former adoptees....Henson and another one whose name escapes me.  They were part of the Muppet litter.  No explanations, just that they had been returned.  They are two years old.

I know Shelly will be wildly popular at the Catcon...how could she not?

I've been helping with my sister-in-laws Lab...she is away for a couple of weeks, and I'm going mid-day (about 20 minutes from my house), to let him out.  Her nephew lives there and has responsibility for mornings, evenings, overnight.  

He is a very sweet dog and I do NOT like the arrangement, but at least I can help.  I won't go on an on, but I worry endlessly about it.  He seems fine and seems OK with the crate, but....well, enough of that.

My senior boy seems back to where he was, but I keep a very watchful eye on him.  Between him and the doggie, I have my hands full.

Hope everyone is enjoying summer....hot and humid with no end in sight.  Autumn cannot come fast enough for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman ..I lubs you!!!!...Thank you so much for posting the "going home" video of Nelia & Serenity!...As you can imagine, they have been on my mind and it helped ease my heart a little...Was that both of them and they were in the same carrier?..It all happened so fast that it was hard to tell..I do hope that they stay together in the HF, as I feel that they have definitely bonded, so I like to picture them as spending their first evening out in the HF snuggled together!...I love how Shelly brought "Ratty" along but Serenity just left it behind and probably meowed back to Shelly..."Iz donz needz noz fakes ratty..Iz catches realz onez nows"! Cat Very Happy Heart

In reading about your sister-in-law's beautiful Lab, all I had to see was the word "crate" and my feelings are exactly the same as yours, so I feel and share your sensitivity and concern...When you mentioned that her nephew lives there also, do you mean that he lives in the same house?...That would make for a better scenario as the Lab would then be spending more time out of the crate?

I'm so happy to read that your senior boy is continuing to do well! Heart

Yes, those two beautiful floofy cats that you are referring to are Henson & Fozzie...I am relieved that the adopters made sure to return them to TK...I know that Shelly is adamant about this in her adoption applications...They are absolutely stunning!

Thanks again so much for the video of Nelia & Serenity!

Enjoy this beautiful Summer day, albeit the heat and humidity...Early morning hours and just before Sunset and the lovely nights are my favorite times during the Summer months!...The beautiful Twilight hours are my most favorite!  Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Yes, doggie is crated during the day...it's sufficient size, but makes  no difference to me.  I do not approve of crating dogs, although I hear they acclimate to it.

Yes, nephew lives in the same house and is there late afternoon and overnight, so doggie is attended to then.  Again, it is NOT my choice, and SIL is not my favorite person, but no one else was lined up to let doggie out all day, so I'm doing the drive.

Why not get a pet sitter?  Why not put him in a nice kennel with other doggies?  There were lots of choices, but she is cheap and doesn't think the way I do.

However, let me just say ONE good thing.  She did take the dog in from owners giving him up.  He had been passed around and this was his last stop.....so, at least he has a home where he is fed and sheltered.

Oy, it gives me heartburn!

Yes, I think both kitties were in the same carrier.  

I was almost sorry I stumbled across the video....I could not do what Shelly does, but at least the HF cats are well-tended and fed and sheltered, so, it's not a horrid situation.

She has so much on her plate, there is only so much even SHE can do.

All my endless worry doesn't really DO anything.  Whereas, Shelly is action oriented.  My heart would not be able to endure what she has gone through.

Just knowing it second hand, at a distance, make me sad sometimes.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble on....too much coffee.

The new floofs will find loving homes, I'm sure.  It is sade that they had to be surrendered, but I know Shelly will help them find new owners.

Yes, when the sun finally starts to set, and the lightening bugs come out, it is beautiful outside.  I love it too.  Only wish it wasn't so blasted HOT!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove @HerRoyaLioness @Marp 

something just for laughs - pure entertainment

I saw Secret Life of Pets 2 today and found it delightful as well as Toy Story 4

https://youtu.be/0zy-Kp_zywU

it is only a trailer but perhaps it will least make you laugh

🧡💜💙Serenity + Nelia💛💚❤️

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Yahooey @Marp ...Cat Very Happy

THIS WEEKEND at CatCon: FREE Meet & Greets with your fave cat-loving celebs in the Weruva Cat Chat Lounge!

EXCLUSIVELY at CatCon, chat and take a selfie with Shelly Roche (Tinykittens), Dr. Marty Becker, Nathan Kehn and Steven Ray Morris and Sara Iyer of The Purrrcast!

These Meet & Greets are FREE with your CatCon ticket, but space is limited and first come, first served.

See More

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

THIS IS IT!

I'm heading over to the green room at CatCon Worldwide to give my presentation about Conjuring Compassion. We'll laugh, we might cry, but we'll all walk out of there inspired to make our world a better place!

My presentation starts at 10am, but seats are first come first served, so get there early! If you don't have CatCon tickets, you may be able to buy some at the door.

Huge thanks to the @ASPCA for sponsoring my talk so I could come to CatCon this weekend - the important work the ASPCA LA is doing with their Kitten Foster Program is saving a lot of lives, but they need YOUR help by becoming a kitten foster. Go to ASPCA.org/FosterLA to find out more. #MeowForNow

#CatCon2019 #TinyKittens #ConjuringCompassion

Image may contain: cat and text

@Marp ..Look whose picture was posted with the latest announcement! Heart

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Marp 

Eternity has a weansie on and the kits look as big as mama. The kits took down mama as lioness take down prey. - want the milkbar. I felt bad for her, she is no match for 2 strong determined babies. Shelley came back in and 2 of the offenders away.

https://youtu.be/hQq6ZaSxnmw

'

'Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.29.28 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...Aww, poor precious Eternity!...She needed some time to get used to the weansie and her "bebbehs" were just pouncing all over her...My heart went out to her watching that!...I'm so happy that Shelly took a few of them away....I just checked in with them and went back in the timeline and it looks like Eternity is adjusting well to it and getting some good rest now, as her "bebbehs" have finally exhausted themselves! Heart