Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp 

Thinking of Shelly trying to control an uncontrollable cat.  Don't know how she does it.  And, those bites can be painful down the road....and dangerous.  The punchture wounds can heal over and trap infection.  I'm sure she knows what she is doing, but my heart and head do not know how.  The average person would have pulled away in pain.

Back from the vet with no real diagnosis.  Nothing in his mouth or visible elsewhere to cause a mouth bleed.  Vet said it might be an ulcer and nothing to really do about that.  He xrayed and saw nothing that would cause this bleeding....an obvious tumor.  We both agreed he was too old to scope or pursue a further diagnosis.

He got a B-12 shot for his anemia and some liquid medication for ulcer/stomach issues. 

And, that's abut all we can do.  Hoping that whatever it is that is bleeding will heel on its own.

Sitting there in the vets office reminding myself that I don't want any more pets!

I think I need a nap!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman...Thanks for the update on your precious senior kitty!...I hate when the Vet is unable to determine the cause of something....So the Vet didn't notice any signs of mouth irritation or injury, etc.?....He is an outdoor kitty, right?...Perhaps he could have had an altercation with another animal?...Does it appear that the bleeding is subsiding somewhat?...How is his appetite and overall behavior otherwise?

I don't mean to bombard you with a bunch of questions....just some thoughts that came to mind which I'm sure you and your Vet have covered already.

I wish we could call in Dr. F....I will be thinking of you and your senior kitty and hoping that whatever is causing this issue is minor and will subside. Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

I originally thought kitty might have gotten into a fight, but there were no scratches anywhere, just an occasional discharge from his mouth. 

The vet sedated him to check and found no sources of irritation.  Saw no masses or tumors,

He has eaten and had water and seems OK otherwise.  I now have liquid medicine to administer 2 times a day.  I'm not thrilled about that!

Yes, Dr. F. always seems to be able to pinpoint the

problem.   Sadly, even with all they can find out, there is still a lot they cannot.

I'm just hoping for his healing to give us more time together Heart

Thanks to all for your concern.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman @Marp2 @MyShadowLove @Yahooey and everyone,

Just saw a PSA that Serenity and Nelia will be going back to their home in the forest as soon as Serenity heals from her spay.  I guess she had the worst uterus Dr F has seen.

Also this ​PSA: "Snap, Bits, Dot and Dora are going HOME, today at 11 AM TK time."   Can't remember who their Mama is, but so glad for them!

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness...Thanks for the update!...I have to admit that I am so sad to read that Serenity will be going back to the HF...Her little body has been through so much and it was stated that her spay surgery was complicated and serious due to the condition of her uterus...It is a miracle that her body made it through this last birth and now she has this final hurdle of recovery time.

She is such a beautiful, gentle cat and there is just something so very vulnerable about her...that precious face and those pleading eyes that have the look of the need for love...She is not aggressive at all and, in my personal opinion, she deserves the much needed time, attention and patience of human interaction and socialization which she hasn't received.

I would love to see someone involved in the TK community take her in the way Kimsies took in Stachy and shower her with attention, love and comfort in a secure home environment!...I just can't imagine her back out there in the HF...I'm hoping for a miracle! Heart

Waving To Everyone!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove- if I could give you 100 hearts I would for your words about Serenity.  I believe she is in need of some special kind and loving attention with a dose of understanding and patience thrown in.  I don't think she ever will be or maybe even ever was an outgoing active kind of cat, which is totally ok by me anyway.

She has possibly not felt good this whole time either.  I would take her in a heartbeat if I were closer and could have another cat. (I'm not supposed to have any here, no pets allowed, but they let me keep my Lucie).

Possibly she will feel better and will be ok back out in the forest, but I still have a handful of pearls and it bothers me that she is not going to get some continuing attention.  Cat Sad

My hopes are with you in a miracle for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ...I thank you so very much for your understanding and kind words about my feelings for Serenity....Some of the chatters would have probably torn me apart if I had dared express them there but, thank goodness, we have a safe haven here on this thread...My feelings for Serenity run so deep and I can barely type them out without my eyes welling up with tears!

She is not feral!...She is a timid, shy, vulnerable kitty whose short young life has been very difficult and traumatic...We can only imagine what she has gone through before being rescued by TK....She just seems so different from the other, more independent cats.

Yes, she most definitely deserves special continuing protective care and loving attention...I am practically pleading with Shelly (virtually, of course) to please not return her to the HF!

I even have thoughts of getting in touch with Shelly and offering a  generous donation and I will cover all costs for food and medical care and whatever else it takes to save Serenity from being returned to the HF.

I'm getting pathetic and desperate!...lol

What do you think of my emailing her?

100 hearts back at you for your caring understanding also! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@HerRoyaLioness ...I thank you so very much for your understanding and kind words about my feelings for Serenity....Some of the chatters would have probably torn me apart if I had dared express them there but, thank goodness, we have a safe haven here on this thread...My feelings for Serenity run so deep and I can barely type them out without my eyes welling up with tears!

She is not feral!...She is a timid, shy, vulnerable kitty whose short young life has been very difficult and traumatic...We can only imagine what she has gone through before being rescued by TK....She just seems so different from the other, more independent cats.

Yes, she most definitely deserves special continuing protective care and loving attention...I am practically pleading with Shelly (virtually, of course) to please not return her to the HF!

I even have thoughts of getting in touch with Shelly and offering a  generous donation and I will cover all costs for food and medical care and whatever else it takes to save Serenity from being returned to the HF.

LOL @MyShadowLove, I think that is called adoption.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove  - this one bothers me to the point of saying something somewhere. 

I just went and looked at Serenity again and it totally reminds me of my daughter's cat when she got out and someone took her to the humane society and without looking at her tag, gave her doses of vaccinations and she had just had them.  She had a very similar look as Serenity does and was never the same.  Ok, I'm just going to say it - we think she had some brain damage from it. I don't think Serenity's look or actions are normal.  I think she is probably a special needs cat for who knows what reason. 

It is possible, because I do trust Shelly's assessments so much, that they may watch her behavior closely when they take her back??

I'm thinking of putting a comment on the chat about is Serenity ok to return to the forest.  I know it may not sit well, but It's an honest question/concern and I know it may get back to Shelly.  

I've always been a advocate for the "underdog/vulnerable" even with people!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

LOL @MyShadowLove, I think that is called adoption.

@Marp ...LOL...Yes, I guess it is, but I would need a "proxy adopter" to care for her!...LOL

I'm looking for someone like Kimsies who took in Stachy and so lovingly cared for him! Heart