Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Witchy Woman 

I was tryng to build up excitment much like the movie trailers

didn't mean to scare you away - I apologize

Rollins was on her lap eating as she was petting him - then the towel was flung over to purritoed her for his medical treatment. He had an abscess that she was going to clean. 

She swoops in like an EMT administering aid to a hiker that fell down the ravine. Rollins took a chomp out of Shelly;s wrist cause the towel didn't cover him sufficiently. It was amazing - she held on as Rollins tried to make a run. There was a struggle. Dave was cleaning Shelly up with disinfectant and she will be on antibiotics.

Rollins would never go into a trap cause he knows. He was brought in twice for treatment and was released cause he was so unhappy inside. I remembered him. This was the only way that Rollins could be treated. Hail Shelly. WOW!

Kinda funny that she was treating Rollins and all the other cats were walking by like extras in the movie.

Respected Contributor

@yahooey 

Oh, no need to apologize.

I'm not in the best frame of mind as we had an emergency vet run last night with my senior boy.

His mouth is bleeding itnermittently and vet was unable to pinpoint the problem.

We are off to our regular vet this morning.  I know that he's 20 and cannot live forever, but it's always unsettling to have a pet not well.

I'm hoping for the best, or at least a better diagnosis.

Respected Contributor

💛🧡❤️ ((( @Witchy Woman ))) 💙❤️💚

sending you and your sweet boy prayers 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yahooey ...Ouch!!!!!...That was a heck of a bite that Shelly got!...I'm glad to see that first-aid kits are taken when they venture to the HF and always a plus when one has an EMT like Dave on hand to administer care!....I'm sure Shelly has had her share of bites and scratches through the years so she is always well prepared...What a trooper!...She just carries on with her main thought being of treating Rollins while Dave's main thought is treating Shelly!...They make a great team! Heart

Is Rollins the cat that was trapped a few years back with an abscessed eye and he lost that eye?

@Witchy Woman ...I'm so sorry to read about your Senior Kitty!...Please post an update when you are able!...Sending (((((Hugs)))))  Heart

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

Rollins came in when they were trying to trap Ramona and Chloe or was that Corsica and Evolene. All I remember that it was 1 panther and 1 ginger. Dental? I don't think he lost an eye. I know Calvin ginger lost an eye. I don't truly know.

The trappers got Rollins instead and saw he needed treatment. He was super sweet and can be petter but when he was under medical care inside - major woe. So they released him. He liked hoomins but not inside.

Respected Contributor

On my goodness, Shelly should get a medal, her dedication goes beyond the normal!  Glad Dave was there to help and that everything got taken care of, including Shelly's battle wounds!

Peeked in on Serenity and Nelia's babies and there was such a huge cuddle puddle that I couldn't count them all.  Plus some more on the side - kind of like trying to guess how many jelly beans in a jar!!  What a group!  

@Witchy Womanhoping the best for your senior, you are taking such good care of him. HeartHeart

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

@yahooey 

@wildflowers 

@Marp 

Thinking of Shelly trying to control an uncontrollable cat.  Don't know how she does it.  And, those bites can be painful down the road....and dangerous.  The punchture wounds can heal over and trap infection.  I'm sure she knows what she is doing, but my heart and head do not know how.  The average person would have pulled away in pain.

Back from the vet with no real diagnosis.  Nothing in his mouth or visible elsewhere to cause a mouth bleed.  Vet said it might be an ulcer and nothing to really do about that.  He xrayed and saw nothing that would cause this bleeding....an obvious tumor.  We both agreed he was too old to scope or pursue a further diagnosis.

He got a B-12 shot for his anemia and some liquid medication for ulcer/stomach issues. 

And, that's abut all we can do.  Hoping that whatever it is that is bleeding will heel on its own.

Sitting there in the vets office reminding myself that I don't want any more pets!

I think I need a nap!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman...Thanks for the update on your precious senior kitty!...I hate when the Vet is unable to determine the cause of something....So the Vet didn't notice any signs of mouth irritation or injury, etc.?....He is an outdoor kitty, right?...Perhaps he could have had an altercation with another animal?...Does it appear that the bleeding is subsiding somewhat?...How is his appetite and overall behavior otherwise?

I don't mean to bombard you with a bunch of questions....just some thoughts that came to mind which I'm sure you and your Vet have covered already.

I wish we could call in Dr. F....I will be thinking of you and your senior kitty and hoping that whatever is causing this issue is minor and will subside. Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildflowers 

I originally thought kitty might have gotten into a fight, but there were no scratches anywhere, just an occasional discharge from his mouth. 

The vet sedated him to check and found no sources of irritation.  Saw no masses or tumors,

He has eaten and had water and seems OK otherwise.  I now have liquid medicine to administer 2 times a day.  I'm not thrilled about that!

Yes, Dr. F. always seems to be able to pinpoint the

problem.   Sadly, even with all they can find out, there is still a lot they cannot.

I'm just hoping for his healing to give us more time together Heart

Thanks to all for your concern.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman @Marp2 @wildflowers @yahooey and everyone,

Just saw a PSA that Serenity and Nelia will be going back to their home in the forest as soon as Serenity heals from her spay.  I guess she had the worst uterus Dr F has seen.

Also this ​PSA: "Snap, Bits, Dot and Dora are going HOME, today at 11 AM TK time."   Can't remember who their Mama is, but so glad for them!