Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Yahooey

No fruitcake for me this year.  For the most part, I avoid baked goods of any kind or anything with sugar.  Not that I don't like/enjoy it, but I just don't need it.

It is easier for me to not have anything than to have a bit here and there.  Since I spend time exercising, eating fruitcake would be counterproductive Cat LOL

@MyShadowLove

@Marp

@CLEM

@HerRoyaLioness

I happened to catch the big gathering of all the cats/kittens.  Shelly is very sweet to let them all have the run of the place, but her big kitties are certainly not as loving to the kits as Grampa.  

I've lost track of all the comings and goings!

Honored Contributor

Grandpaw trying to style hair and tend to the milkbar all at the same time - he needs assistance but the other adults doesn't seem interested as they are snoozing on the green round thing and mini sofa again. I don't see Puff Puff or Bunny just Barty and Pants.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 4.19.01 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Pants - y r there muppets interupz sleepies?

Barty - u luckie dai r knot on ur bedz

Grandpaw - com here an snuggles 

Pants & Barty are not impressed or amused 

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 4.25.42 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp@Yahooey@Witchy Woman@CLEM@HerRoyaLioness...

Good Morning All!....Brrrrrr!....It's been frigid here....nothing like bundling up and taking a long walk in 20 degree weather to start off the day!....I find it very refreshing and invigorating and am now ready to conquer whatever comes my way!...Watch out everyone!...lol

I've been "out of the loop" the past couple of days and just checked in with TKHQ and caught this PSA from one of the moderators in chat....

PSA: Marcus and Echo will be leaving Friday morning for the foster home through VOKRA.More info on VOKRA: https://www.facebook.com/VOKRA/ VOKRA: Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association.

Does anyone have any information on Echo as this is the first I have heard of him/her, so must have been brought in from the happy forest over the past couple of days...I'm happy that Marcus and Echo have a loving foster home to go to, but now I feel sad for Sable as she will be left alone in the basement room and I always feel better when they have another cat(s) for company....Hopefully, they may bring in another from the happy forest who is ready to turn in their feral card.

On the other hand, I also remember it being posted a while ago that Shelly may have to find another permanent location for TKHQ, so I'm thinking that is why they now have the help of another wonderful rescue organization, VOKRA.

I'm just doing some speculation/overthinking here this morning while sipping on a mug of coffee...lol

Hmmm!

this is stupid grumpy cat GIF

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove

Very cold here too and maybe I will start walking out to our bike trail in the morning -- maybe!  I used to ride in the winter, but once I got my spin bike, I no longer do so.  And, I do miss it, but had to layer so many clothes, riding was difficult!

I do not know about any of the cats mentioned.  I only half-way know about Sable -- but only the name.  Didn't realize she was at TK.

It's all a bit confusing unless one spends hours on the chat reading.  I find the TK FB page isn't much help anymore.  I just had to let it all go and pick up bits and pieces when I can.

Every time I stop by, I'm hoping the Fire cats have found homes.  The Muppets will not have any trouble, but the older cats are always a challenge I think.

We have had snow in Maryland already and expecting a bit more today -- maybe -- I was out earlier and it is very cold and gray and looks like snow is coming.  Glad I no longer have to commute or get out if I don't want to.

Traveling to Northern NJ for a few days next week to see my sister and hoping the weather warms up a bit.  Hate traveling with the threat of snow!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman...I have a girlfriend who loves spinning and goes to the gym....She wanted me to join with her, but I don't care for gyms....I love to be out in the fresh air, so walking, with light jogging in between, is my main workout....When the weather is extreme, then I have a stepper and treadmill and I also love to put on some good rock 'n roll music and dance away...I love it!

How great that you will be spending time with your sister in New Jersey for Christmas!....The weather should be good for your trip next week....so far, they are predicting temps going up to around 40 next week, so let's hope that it holds true...I'm thinking it is about a 3 hour drive for you?

My husband and I will be spending a cozy Christmas Day at home with our precious black beauty, Shadow...cooking up a lamb dinner!....We are heading down to Mystic this weekend for their Christmas Lantern Tour and an early celebration with friends who live there...It is a walking tour and lasts a little over an hour...It is at night, so it should prove to be more than refreshing and invigorating with temps in the teens!....lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove

My drive to Northern NJ is, unfortunately, at least 5 hours.  She is way up in the Northwest corner of the State and, while it is beautiful (and on a small lake), it is just a long drive.  I can do 3 hours easily, but 5 is past my comfort level. 

Nevertheless, if I want to see her before she goes to Morocco to visit her youngest daughter, I have to make the trip.  Just a couple of nights as she leaves December 19 for a 10 day stay in the mountainous region of Morocco.  They have snow and winter just like we do.  It's a difficult place to reach easily, but this is the only grandchild and that says it all.  I hate flying and will never go.

I will be home for Christmas -- just the two of us.  Most friends are off doing their own thing, so we likely will visit my husband's sister nearby.  Our families get smaller all the time!

In all honestly, I have grown weary of all the holiday hysteria.  Our area is just nutty this time of year -- highways and stores alike.  

Your trip to Mystic sounds lovely.  I'm sure there are some walking tours in our area, but sometimes, traffic and getting there is just a burden.   Have fun!

I will be checking in on the Muppets today.  They are just so darn cute and seem to spend a lot of tiem with Granpa Mason -- love seeing him!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman@MyShadowLove@Marp@CLEM@HerRoyaLioness

I just tuned into the the muppets feed and the chatter was tinysuitcases happening at 10am kitten time. Luca and Cachie are going home. I know Cachie is the white one but idk who Luca is.

I agree they used to make more annoucnements whether it is Shelly on the feed or posted. Oh well, legal problems ruined a good thing.

yay! I don't know how many are left but Pele, a cute hissy girl when she was brought in is still there. She is a beauty.

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey  I am so glad I checked in.  Cache and Luca going home how wonderful.   Luca is the pretty girl with the different colored patches.  I don't know what they are called.

That leaves Elliot, Birch, and Pele.  I hope they will go home together, preferably this week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000197 EndHTML:000188599 StartFragment:000188284 EndFragment:000188503 StartSelection:000188284 EndSelection:000188503 SourceURL:https://www.facebook.com/kittoons/

Cache and Luca  two lovely kitties who are going home!