Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

LOL @Yahooey, we all know how Shelly loves pudge.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM@Yahooey@MyShadowLove@Witchy Woman@dooBdoo

Whew - Evolene is out of surgery! Over the next few days, she will experience freedom from pain for the first time in a long time. Her story is a heartbreaking reminder of the suffering that can only be prevented by spaying and neutering.

Evolene was pregnant and in trouble when we rescued her from a feral cat colony a few weeks ago. At least six years old, she has likely been pregnant 18 times in her life. Her final pregnancy was very unhealthy, and we were devastated to find out we did not rescue her in time to save her five tiny babies.

Despite her poor health, she went into heat less than two weeks after giving birth. She would be pregnant again right now if she was still out there, and if the last pregnancy hadn't killed her, this one likely would.

Today, Dr. F and the exceptional team at Mountain View Veterinary Hospital spent three hours spaying Evolene and removing five abscessed teeth. Her uterus was well used, and in rough shape. Dr. F was able to take a biopsy of her intestinal lymph nodes, and we are sending a number of samples to the lab to make sure we get as much information as we can so we can continue to give her the best possible care during her recovery.

We are SO grateful to the team at Mountain View for doing such a phenomenal job to make sure Evolene is going to feel one million percent better over the next several days. She is on pain meds and antibiotics, and will be recovering with Kimsies over at Leo, Bobbi, Bowie & Big Brother Jager HQ so she gets LOTS of love and snuggles.

Once Evolene has recovered and we know if she will have special medical needs going forward, she will be looking for a home that can handle the amount of awesomeness she will bring. We all ADORE her. She has survived so much, we can't wait to see her get the Furry Tail Ending she deserves. If you're interested, here's how to apply: TinyKittens.com/adopt

Image may contain: cat

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

WARNING:  The photo in the spoiler is from Tiny Tapeworms and is graphic.  DO NOT OPEN if you do not want to see Evolene's uterus and ovaries.

Evolene's uterus and ovaries. Her uterine tissue was very friable, which means it basically fell apart as Dr. F was trying to take it out. It was not a healthy uterus.

Spoiler

Evolene's uterus and ovaries. Her uterine tissue was very friable, which means it basically fell apart as Dr. F was trying to take it out. It was not a healthy uterus.

Surgery went well, and there is a longer update at Tinykittens <3

No automatic alt text available.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM

Oh my, only a large screen tv will be able to capture the full girth of Faberge.

Fab as the chatters call him is the all black panther. Hatch (more reddish) ginger is up there with him. They could be wrestlers on the WWE. lol Their brother Scrammy (Scrawny)  a diluted ginger is also on the small side as Florentine. What a cutie pie she is. I'm partial to striped tabbies as I'm sure you are to Heart

I can't tell Florentine and Mooshu apart. Chatters say Florentine has ginger toes. How the heck I'm going to find ginger toes? They also say Mooshu has black stripes on his face. Unless I see them side by side, with toes pointed, that's a tough one. 

I used to know since she was the only one with eyeballs, well that went by the wayside.

Honored Contributor

@Marp I shouldn't have opened the spoiler

HeartHeartHeartEvoleneHeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

LOL @Yahooey, next time I start a post with WARNING and part of the text is DO NOT OPEN I will be sure to add THIS MEANS YOU YAHOOEY. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Marp Thank you for the update on Evolene.  That sweet kitty deserves all the prayers, good luck, good care and loving that she can get.  I so hope she is going to make it and has a few wonderful years of caring and lots of love.

I can't imagine the pain she must have had with 5 abscessed teeth.  One was plenty painful for me.  That poor baby.  And that uterus is best out of her.  I am sure she has the best care imaginable. 

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey I am also confused now that all eyes are open.  I think the little girl is the one with a broad black stripe going along the back, but I could be wrong.  That Faberge seems to be a more laid back kitty for now anyway.  He is adorable as they all are.  Because there are only 5 kittens is part of why they thriving as well as they do.  I am sure it won't be long before they are adopted, but until then they belong to us (at least we can enjoy them).

Those ginger toes have been hidden from me also.  Corsica has at least one ginger foot.

Respected Contributor

Wow, that is one strange looking uterus!!  Went to the site and couldn't find it, but was looking for something round - well, there were always 2 of anything round and quickly discovered those were from the male kitties, lol! (sorry guys - NOT!)  Anyway, Evolene survived the surgeries and I am sure will be feeling much better soon.  Poor thing, what she has all gone through.  Deserves a nice, loving home.  Let's hope it happens for her.

When I was still working, I would read the doctors notes about a "friable" cervix and it was like almost brittle, would bleed even when just touched, so I imagine that's what Evo's uterus was like.  Yes time to retire that well used organ.

The group got de-wormed last night.  So entertaining!  They are still practicing for the Olympics - the backstroke mostly.  Shelly ended up with all of them in her lap and she put them all down in front of the opening to Mom for a "race" and Hatch came in first.  Fab went the wrong way, it was so cute, you just can't help but LOL!  They are interacting a bit more now and fights do break out at the mild bar.  Last night it was Hutch and Scrammy and little Scrammy would not give up his nipple, no way, no how. 

I do have a question, what is it with this spider thing??!!! Ewwwww.....there was one that crossed over the blanket, I couldn't look, and the chat got all excited about it.

Back to watching those little sweeties for a while and then maybe I'll get some work done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness@CLEM@Marp@MyShadowLove@dooBdoo

Shellly es en da house! NOW

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 1.33.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 1.49.55 PM.png