Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Witchy Woman,  I've said it before and I will repeat it now.  What we see is a series of Shelly clones.  One sleeps, one eats, several tend to cats and kittens all at the same time.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@dooBdoo 

@MyShadowLove 

@Yahooey 

@feline groovy 

@Marp 

And all TK lovers...

It looks like Shelly and her crew are doing intense TNR work at another colonly.  I didn't dig in too deep for my own good, but....

Lots of info and videos...poor babies all have respiratory and eye issues, but are responding to treatment.

She must never sleep!

@Witchy Woman,  I didn't realize they were doing this -- I am so far behind!

Thanks for the heads up.   It's sad to see their poor living conditions out in the wild and also the poor health conditions the kitties suffer, but so encouraging to know these little lives are in loving care. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Witchy Woman,  I've said it before and I will repeat it now.  What we see is a series of Shelly clones.  One sleeps, one eats, several tend to cats and kittens all at the same time.

True, @Marp.   Such admirable dedication.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp @Witchy Woman @Yahooey @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness ...

Checking in on my very special TK friends to see how you all are doing...hope all is well with everyone! Heart

We are doing fine...holding on as tight as we can along with everyone else...We have been keeping quite busy this past Summer...The days have been flying by.

We had a major outdoor freshening up project that needed to be done in our landscaped areas around our home which included the removal of a few bushes, some transplanting and some trees that needed to be trimmed, etc., so I was able to convince my husband to hire the help of a landscaping service...They did a great job and we enjoyed helping out where we could...We had a good break from the heat wave that we had been going through, so the timing was great...Everything now looks so fresh and pretty.

We also decided to go away for a few days up to Maine...a very favorite place of ours...I did feel somewhat apprehensive as this was the first really big outing that we have had since Covid took us all by surprise...We checked Maine's positivity rate, etc. and all was good so we said...."Let's go for it."... It felt so great and freeing, even though we had to also remain cautious....We went on a sailboat ride...enjoyed some yummy fresh, tender Maine lobster...and took lots of walks along their beautiful ocean coastline...I would love to live close to the ocean!

And...two of my nieces came up for a couple of days and I can't even begin to express enough how great and wonderful it felt to hug and see them again...It just all was so very emotionally and physically therapeutic for all of us...I didn't want them to go back home!

And...I'm still in touch with a group of girls from our High School days in New York (the Suburbs...not the City)...and they are planning for a luncheon get-together next week...reservations have been made for nine of us at an indoor restaurant... I'm not really feeling all that comfortable about it at this point due to the Delta variant now...If there was an outdoor eating area, then I would feel better about it...The emotional impact that Covid has had on all of us is so very personal for each of us, so we are mindful and understanding of our indivudal personal comfort levels as we gradually ease ourselves back into the outside world...Who would have ever thought?!

Okay, now on to TK...I don't check in as often but, over the last week, I have peeked in to see how everything has been going and today I saw "Unka Dave"...love the kitteh talk on chat...I timed it perfectly because he was on the "Rescue Kittens" Cam entertaining Buttercup & Westley...a very bonded pair...Westley helped Buttercup raise her adorable litter of kittens...so they are very reminiscent of Ramona & Chloe...I'm attaching the video of his visit...hope it works okay for you...If not, it is listed in the "Uploads" section below the Cams. Cat Very Happy

I am rambling on here as always...lol...but I really miss you all and the fun times we had in the "good ole' days", so I like to keep in touch with you from time to time and love when I happen to catch you on the forums.

Stay Safe & Well and I am sending lots of ((((((Hugs)))) to everyone! Heart

28:09NOW PLAYING

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

And all TK fans..

Unka Dave sure is a cat magnet Cat LOL  He seems to have charmed Buttercup and Westley.  Such pretty cats.

I will check in from time to time, but don't stay very long.  They always have new arrivals and departures....it's like an airport!  Each cat/kitten blossoms under their care.  It is heart warming.

@MyShadowLove 

You've had a busy summer!  I love a beautiful yard, but ours is mostly wooded and requires little care.  Thankfully!  My husband still works long hours and I don't have the energy to do yard projects if they are just beyond a bit of trimming. 

We have English Ivy growing in the small space between the house and the woods and only a tiny bit of grass.  No bushes as the deer eat anything and everything.  They've mowed the ivy to the ground many times.  It comes back with a vengence Cat LOL

Your trip sounds so wonderful.  I've never been to Maine, but would love to go some day.  I'm sure being near the ocean was divine!  And seeing family made it even better.  We've all missed so much!   

What a joy that you are still in touch with high school friends and will meet for lunch.  I understand your concerns, but I'm sure it will be fine.  We've only been out to eat once so far, but have gone to a limited seating concert and will attend another this evening.  As worried as I am about the current situation, I am anxious to do a few "normal" things so I don't become completely fearful!

We're in the midst of rebuilding the entryway to our home with added space in our hallway and a new door.  After the home was built, we both realized that the stairway to the upstairs was really too close to the front door.  The area was always congested when we entertained.

Well, it's unlikely we will entertain much again, but the front door needed replacement and we both agreed it was now or never to fix the front entrance.

It sounds simple, but with load bearing walls and beams to consider, it is a major production.  Things are a mess for awhile.

I've been watching the pandas at the National zoo and some elephant cams.  The pandas are always happy, so that's always a good place to visit.  Also, some beautiful Friesian horses in the Netherlands!  Amazing creatures:

A day at the stable. With our Friesian Horses. - YouTube

It's always good to hear from old friends...Hoping everyone is having a wonderful summer and will continue to check in now and then!

@MyShadowLove 

Have you considered moving to Maine since you love it so much?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman ...I remember the pictures that you posted of your beautiful home with a wrap-around porch nestled in the woods that you and your husband built...a lovely natural setting requiring little care....just add some hanging and potted flowers on your lovely porch area and Voila'!

It sounds like you are having a busy Summer also with your major renovation project rebuilding your entryway...I'm happy to read that you and your husband have also been gradually going out and enjoying yourselves for dinner and concerts...We love  concerts and have gone to a couple of outdoor concerts this past Summer held in a lovely promenade shopping area and various groups come each week to perform from June through August...People bring their lawn chairs and refreshments and it makes for a great evening out.

I totally agree with you about getting out to enjoy a few "normal" things so as we don't become completely fearful...It is so freeing!...I'm not really sure if I'm ready to head down to NY for the luncheon date with my high school friends this coming week, especially due to the fact that it is indoor dining, so I will probably wait a little while longer.

Yes, my  husband and I have thought about moving to Maine...We started exploring this beautiful State several years ago when we headed up to the Bar Harbor and Boothbay areas and then gradually made our way to other areas...love the rugged ocean coastline and the beauty of it all...However, the resort area we fell in love with (only a little over 2 hours from where we live now)... Ogunquit/Perkins Cove area overlooking the ocean...and my lovely cottage-style dream home located there...would be way over what we could afford due to its location, so we would have to hit a Lottery Jackpot. Cat LOL

I do picture myself going back to my home State of NY to be closer to my family there...I grew up in a lovely little cozy town along the Hudson River and I could easily settle for going back to where I left my heart.  Heart

I enjoyed the "Friesian Horses YouTube" link that you shared...I love how they are so lovingly cared for and the freedom that they have to roam around...Horses are such gorgeous creatures! 

So good to see your post and share with you...Take good care...stay safe and healthy...and I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood! Cat Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman 

as @MyShadowLove stated in an earlier post

i have also missed posting with the TK adjunct village

i just dont watch anymore - hard to believe when i was watching even if it is just a small desktop window while I was working years ago

i still believe Shelly is an angel on earth and a true hero

we did have fun times

from an alert of puff puff being able to wee and poo or

BATTLE CRY - LIVE BIRTH HAPPENING NOW lol

witchy woman - you can always come to preds thread on community

we are just a bunch of nice people - rambling on about daily stuff supporting one another

wildflowers and @dooBdoo do post on the thread from time to time and i post daily

just a little backstory - preds was a wonderful, caring poster always cheering us on while she was battleing cancer which she lost last June 2020

but the thread continues and new people join - 

we would welcome you with open arms

sometimes we just want to be heard - even if it is just internet friends

I did manage to go to Boston w/BFF (her son lives there) a few weeks ago just for a 3 day break and i havent done a road trip or hung out with her iover a year -

that was fun - just talking and eating

of course we had some seafood and i also always wanted to visit Maine-

NO lobster roll - boo hoo

do drop by... and stay a while

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@dooBdoo 

@Marp 

@HerRoyaLioness   

Left you off my original post and didn't mean to!

You posted often here, and I simply forgot.

Just wanted to say I guess we've reached "the end" on our long-running thread.

Now that QVC boards are ending, it's a given.

Granted, we had all stopped watching TK on a regular basis, but it was still comforting to know we could post here and rally the troups.

I will likely register at the new board, but, it won't be the same.  I have missed, and will continue to miss the regular postings about TK and kitties.

However, as we all know, life changes all the time, so...I guess we will just have to go with the flow.

I've not been to TK in many weeks....and do miss it.  But, found myself feeling so anxious and sad with each loss or illness that I had to stop.  In fact, I stopped visiting all of the rescue sites I previously visited.

I think age and time, and being catless have caught up with me.  Just yesterday, I was overcome with sadness at the loss of my sweet Cooper.  He's been gone many years, but he suddenly filled my thoughts and I was in tears.

Trying to stay in a positive place is almost a full time job.  I have so many blessings in my life, so I do focus on them.  But, there are times I recall being surrounded by 5 cats on a cold winter's night and I am crying for what has been lost.

Guess I'm feeling adrift lately.  Will keep an eye out for you on the new board when I report in there.

I've loved you all in my own way...connections across the miles with people unknown.  It's been a good thing for me.

Wishing everyone health and happiness in our crazy world.

Honored Contributor

yes @Witchy Woman 

we did have some fun times and i havent watched or peeked in for quite a while

it was intimate before whereas now - TK have expanded and doing MORE but for me it wasnt the same - i really loved conversing with you'll on a daily basis and i do miss that

i have registered ont the other board and my nic is the same

i have invited you in the past - when we are set up with the preds friends thread

pls come join us - i post there daily 

i'm sorry you are missing ur furbabies ... but perhaps we can lift ur spirits up

maybe just a wee bit - i missed u and all the TK Village adjuct lots

waving hello to @MyShadowLove @dooBdoo @Marp 

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey 

Yes, you have been very gracious about inviting me to join your other thread.  No sure why other than I didn't come around other than posting less and less.

If I am feeling melancholy, I don't want to bring others down.

I will join the other board and look for you there.

Not sure how many of the original crew are still here.  I know @dooBdoo has some issues that kept her from posting and that made me so sad to learn.

Anyway, onward and upward!  See you on the other side!