Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Witchy Woman @yahooey @HerRoyaLioness ...

When I saw your posts mentioning the KitKat Playroom, it brought back to memory a precious little kitty that the woman was caring for that had Hydrocephalus...I don't recall the name of the kitty.

I checked in, from time to time, to see how kitty was doing and then I had missed a while...When I went back to check, the kitty was no longer on cam.

Do either of you know if a forever home was found or did she end up keeping the kitty herself...I don't recall the name of the woman from KitKat Playroom either.

It's been a while, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@Marp 

Tate was the kitties name and he is still with Jen.

I happened to see on the Facebook page that Tate had been having seizures, but they were resolved.  I haven't checked back.

I would guess Tate will or is a permanent resident at KitKat playroom.

He's a sweet-faced little orange cat.  She seems very devoted to him.  At least I think it is a him!

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

When I saw those little Hallween cats I had all I could to do keep from calling Jen to say I wanted them all. Cat LOL

They are perfect in every way.

Then, I remember my age and how much heartache I've had with sickness and loss and I simply cannot bring myself to bring in more cats.

My senior boy is still active as he can be, so....I need to focus on him.  And, I tell myself the less I spend on Vet bills, the more I can help the local rescues.

It's a trade off for me.  I adore cats.  But, I have to be realistic about the future.  I see many cats in shelters and rescues because of an "elderly" person having to surrender. 

Very windy here today...just brutal.  Hoping it moderates overnight.  You cannot be outside in this kind of wind.

Yes, my mom would sell her Black Walnuts, too.  But, seriously, all that work for a few dollars?  I guess I am lazy, or have never needed the money, but I am thankful I don't have to crack nuts!  Although, I know she enjoyed us, but all that work!

Esteemed Contributor

@yahooey, @HerRoyaLioness, @Witchy Woman, @wildflowers

@dooBdoo 

OCT 17: Grandpa Mason has sent us some more surprise kittens.

PSA: 4 new Happy Forest kittens approx 3 weeks old. Tuxie male 287g, Panther male 289g, Tuxie female 330g, Tabby tuxie male 314g. All have URIs. RW confirmed on Tuxie girl & Tabby boy. No sign of mom.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Respected Contributor

@Marp 

Apparently, Granpa Mason has too much time on his paws!

They are almost overrun with tiny furballs Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@Marp @Witchy Woman @wildflowers @yahooey  and everyone,

Marp, thanks for letting us know, but ohhh boy!  Four more little bitty ones, although I have never seen Shelly more in all her glory than when she is doing an intake.  She just shines at it!

She is focused, gets right down to business and inspects every inch of them and is determined none should be left with dirty ears, Heaven forbid! 

These had to be dipped as one has ringworm.  All the protesting, I think they thought they were not long for this world.  Little do they know that because they are at TK, they will have happy long lives.

They had some bottles and then were served the "mush" and devoured it like the Canadian kittens. Then they crashed and slept and slept.  Busy day for them, they were so tuckered out.  Shelly had lots of helpers this time.

Hugs to them all for helping save these poor little ones!

(((((HeartShelly and TK HelpersHeart)))))

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

I agree - Shelly is a focused well oiled machine and looked glorious and gawgeous

She thrives on intakes as presents - oooh is it a boy or girl

Gimme some ears - remember Wumpkin - wasn't he the one with the dirties ears?

There were a bunch of gingers all named a variation of pumpkin

this bunch do remind me of the Canadian kits - oh how they mewed for meowny Shelly and fudz all over their tiny boides - Cheeto feeties for Timbit

towels - check

hazmat suit on with gloves and botties - check

headlamp - check

QTips - check

guaze pads - check

bath tub w/sulfur something - check

eye drops - check

multiple bottles in a warm bath - check

gushy fudz - check

angel helpers - check check check 

I looked at the DVR last night as the intake was about to roll off

Hello new HQ - saw the paint cans 

Shelly laughed when she said the room was clean for 1 fday

I had never had such a thorough caring medical checkup 

Grandpa Mason is hitting the speed buy button a lot lately

waving hi to @Witchy Woman @Marp @wildflowers @Witchy Woman 

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I was at a friend's house during the holidays and they had some mixed nuts in shells. It was a pita to crack them openl. I did enjoy the brazil nuts and I probably burn enough calories to offset the calories of the nut lol

The idea of cracking a nut open is more appealing than the actual process. I can do pistachio, peanuts and some seeds - but that's about it. The fancier stuff, I will leave to the critters and Planters.

Heard of hickory wood chips but never the nut. A friend has a black walnut tree and the squirrels always beat ihim to the feast. He specifically said black walnut and I really didn't think much of it - is black walnut more prized than regular walnut? Always just saw the generic label walnut whenever I bought some. Guess I'm not shopping at the fancier stores. Almonds have so many speciifc origin labels.

Respected Contributor

@yahooey 

I agree with you about leaving the nut cracking to the squirrels and Planters!

Nuts in shells were always a regular part of our holidays.  That was in the days before shelled nuts were really available.  We got bags and bags of the nuts that had to be cracked.  We would make a big mess getting them open, but considered it great fun.  I became an expert in getting into Brazil nuts.

Black Walnuts have a deep, earthy flavor.  Very distinct and the nut has a more buttery feel than a regular walnut.  I've seen them in the store, but they are always a bit pricey.  I know why!

They are encased in HUGE hulls which eventually give way to heavily ridged shells that are black/charcoal colored.  That hull and nut will stain anything they touch.

You've got to strike them with a hammer to get them open.  I cannot imagine a regular nut cracker would do. 

Regular walnuts have a much thinner shell that have that easily opened seam.  Don't know how else to describe it.  A black walnut has no seams that I can remember.  Each one is an almost impenetrable sphere! 

I don't want to meet the squirrel that can get into a black walnut!  Teeth of steel!

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

@yahooey 

I laughed at the description of Shelly with the new little kits.

She is a fiend at inspecting and cleaning Cat LOL

Yes, it was Wumpkin, I think that got the ear drilling....but then all of them eventually succumb to the Q tips.  No one escapes the ear cleaning!

I've yet to check in on them, but will do so today. 

Shelly may have faults, but when it comes to the kittens, she is single-minded in getting them clean, fed and finally, adopted.  Thank goodness for her and others like her.

I would love to tour the new TK HQ.....maybe some day.