Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@MyShadowLove 

Yes, Maryland has some picturesque small towns.  So many states sill have them, but you've got to search or stumble upon them.

I'm not native (moved here in 1973), but have been here long enough to feel it is home.  However, I'm not one to be native enough to pick crabs!  A good crab cake will hold me for a long time!

I've found that live music is a real elixir for anything that ails me.  Music transports you to a time and place that was happy (at least for me).  And, yes, I will sing loud as long as others are doing so Cat LOL  Mostly, it is good fun for the "older" crowds.  The artists often joke they appreciate folks staying up past their bedtime.  It's so true!

I reserve my uncorked singing for the rock & roll concerts Cat LOL  One group we've seen hosts a "prom night" with a dance floor and, oh, my, it is chaos.  Many show up with big, fancy dresses and crazy gowns!  We decided that was a bit too much even for us.

The artist we are seeing June 25 does jazz and "rat pack" favorites...Dino and Frank...which I love.  Remembering my mother listening to the "crooners" of old.  Still love that style.  After a glass or two of wine, I feel my voice gets better Cat LOL

We have outdoor concerts in our area, but because it is so very hot and humid most times, we don't go.  One summer, we attended an orchestral event on the campus of St. Mary's College, which is river front.  It was brutal!  

Of course, Wolftrap in VA, and Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD, do lawn seating.  When I was "young" I wouldn't mind sitting in the grass, but now, I prefer assigned seating in a smaller venue.

Had forgotten all about Thor and Nyla!  Looks like poor Thor had all his teeth removed, but is recovering.  What a special pair they are.  

I'm marking the site so I can visit now and then.  I tend to let them go once they leave TK.  They do such special work...and have so many graduates!  Shelly and her angels will have a front row to heaven for sure!

Nice "talking" with you and hoping you get a few concerts in.  

Honored Contributor

waving hi to @MyShadowLove and @Witchy Woman 

oh, how i envy - the shore means 1 thing to me

seafood - i usually trek to somewhere northeast and get some good noms

but alas, i dont think it is in the cards this year.

my mouth is watering just thinkg about it all - yum

i enjoy it all - raw or fried - but just not mussels ( not a fan)

but give me clams, oysters, lobster, crab - i'm a little oinker

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman ...I totally agree with you about music being an elixir and it has always proven to be so very emotionally and physically therapeutic for me...Dancing is actually my favorite form of exercise and I put on some good old rock & roll music and dance away to my heart's content...It definitely makes for a good workout...I enjoy my power walks outside also but I sure would love to step up the beat with some music during those times also. Cat LOL

My precious Shadow used to love to dance with me when she was younger but she has mellowed with age...moreso than me...lol...but she does still enjoy some slow dancing every now and then. 

So great sharing with you!...Enjoy and have a safe and healthy Summer!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Waving To @Yahooey ...I love the ocean...another wonderful elixir for me...the air, the sand, the waves...everything about it...My whole body just melts...I'm not a sunbather nor a swimmer...I just love walking and jumping in the water...morning hours or later afternoon into evening are my favorite times during the Summer months...One year not long ago, we went up to the coastline of Maine in February...just to get away...and had wonderful refreshing walks along their beautiful rugged coastline...We just wanted to get away for a short while and it was beautiful....one of our very favorite spots to visit also.

So you have no plans for trekking to Rhode Island or CT shorelines this year for some yummy seafood?...Have you been able to get together with your girlfriend in New Jersey yet?

I so enjoyed the adorable video that you posted on Preds' thread, so I just had to copy and post it over here for our TK family to enjoy! Heart

@Marp @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @dooBdoo

@feline groovy 

Post by yahooey...

such a fun sweet video- enjoy

https://youtu.be/ba8mk3oqr1g

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 5.42.31 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

i'm pretty much a hermit

haven't seen my travel buddy except when we went for our annual physical

we had in the past - met up - draw blood and then binge and yap

we ate outdoors and then departed as opposed to shopping and making a day of it

this was back in Nov

as far as our friend in NJ - nope- didnt see her in 2020 and dont know about 2021 either

i havent even gone swimming as my gym is still closed

dont know if they even plan to open

for now - i sometimes walk real early in the monring - before 9am

then i'm in for the day most of the time

i hope that ur project is going well and life's other stuff gets better

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @feline groovy @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness  & All TK Fans....

There was a thread on the forums regarding the black banner above stating...."Join Our We #loveQVC Facebook Group"...and speculation that it appeared that these forums may be shutting down...I had to rush right over here as you all are so very special to me and  I would miss you all so very much!

I would never have believed, when I first joined these forums, that I could feel such a connection to people I have never met but I really have enjoyed these forums so much and this thread has been so very special and I just can't imagine not being able to share with all of you again.

I don't belong to Facebook and have no intention of joining.

Breaking News...Okay now, just before I posted this, I noticed that the thread I am referring to has been closed by Moderator Kim stating that the information was not true and that these forums will not be closing down.

Whew!...I was just about in tears thinking I wouldn't 'see' you guys anymore!...Oh my goodness, I really need to get ahold of myself here...I'm so relieved! Cat LOL

Mew!...Iz Wubs Yous Allz!...Happy Caturday! Heart

May be an image of cat and text that says 'ty KITTEN RESCUE'

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

and all....

Thanks for posting this.  I have not been posting much.  I have enjoyed being part of this little community and would miss it, too.

In any any event, glad the boards aren't shutting down.  I don't do FB either and no intention.  People seem consumed by it sometimes!

I don't get it.

Anyway....maybe I need a nap Cat LOL

Saw a few sweet short clips at the TK site.  If I can find the one of Unka Dave snuggling a kitten, I'll post the link.  I'm happy to know he is still part of the TK group.

They are so busy, doing so much, saving so many.  I see the same thing with the rescues I help.  They hardly have time to catch their breath.  

So, on this beautiful July day, I wish all of you a happy Independence Day.  It has been very hot, but cooled down enough to open windows....hurray!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

Doesn't Shelly make every cat/kitten look beautiful.

Glamor Shots! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove :  thank you so much and bless you always. Heart

You're such a good human being and I especially love your passion and appreciation of animals and nature. 

Hope you enjoy this extended weekend. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy ...Thank you so much...very sweet and thoughtful of you to say...Those qualities are shared by all of us here, including yourself...That is what has always made this thread so very special.

Wishing you a peaceful and restful weekend! Heart