Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Marp 

I hear what you are saying.  Count me in as one of those who has spent a fortune filling my huge pots with "good dirt."  

Our soil is awful clay and gravel and...I just don't have the patience to fix it.  We started out doing that long ago, but the deer loved the idea that we were helping things flourish Cat LOL

I bought the great big pots long ago for flowers, so at least I didn't have to buy those!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp 

@Yahooey 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@MyShadowLove 

@dooBdoo 

Hope everyone is well.

Stella's kittens have peepers.  If you thought they were cute before, now that they are looking at things, playing with their own paws....so sweet & cute.

In a earlier life, I would have loved to have Stella and her little family.  How glorious that would have been.  She still needs socialization, but those kittens seem to love to be touched.

We went from the cold to warm and humid.  Feels like it will be a long summer.  My area of Maryland is just starting to open up a bit....but I'm staying put.

Most I might do in a month or so is a haircut.  Other than that, it's the grocery store and online shopping for whatever I cannot find at the store.

Thankfully, I've always liked being at home, so it's no hardship.  The hardest part for me is wearing a mask outside.  You know, you smile and people smile back.  In a mask, that's lost. Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @Marp @HerRoyaLioness @MyShadowLove 

I see the taco truck is now parked and sanitizing seems to be a problem

Servers have been warned not to lick paws and coworkers or customers

Is there a new roomate for Stella? 

ai dink ai saw a puddy kat the other day - but now can't find it

it is humid 90% by me the last few days but high 60s so it is still bearable.

trying to rain for the past few days but not succeeding 

hope you are all doing well - how is the gardening going?

I have planted seedling ... now we wait and the squirrels seems to want to rearrange my seeds but taking them away - grrr

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp @Witchy Woman @Yahooey @HerRoyaLioness ...

Waving to Everyone!...Thinking of you all and hope that you all are staying well and safe.

Gorgeous weather has arrived so we have been keeping busy with lots of gardening and yard work and just enjoying the fresh air, as well as other projects around the house...We have some service work that needs to be done on our walkway and our back stair area, so that should work out good since it will all be done outdoors...Trying  our best to live as "normal" (?) as is possible during these times

Things are gradually opening up but my husband and I are not overly eager to "test the waters" quite yet at this time and will just wait and see how things progress...We only go out for necessities but we do want to venture out a little more and drive down to the shore area to enjoy some walks along the beach area...We love the ocean so we plan on going more towards the late afternoon/early evening hours and hoping it won't be too crowded at that time....I believe that they are limiting how many people are allowed at the parks and beach areas so it should work out well....That is about as adventurous as we are planning to be right now.

I happened to check in on TK just a short time ago and Surprise...A feral cat named Sahara started giving birth at about 12:00 KT...It is being shown on Stella's cam and Shelly is still with her...I'm not famiiar with Sahara or when she came to TK as I haven't been checking in as often....just take peeks here and there to see how things are going...She is absolutely gorgeous!...I think she is sharing the same room as Stella.

Okay, that's about it!...Sending ((((((Hugs))))))! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove  @Yahooey  @Witchy Woman  @HerRoyaLioness 

I haven't been checking in at TK since a few days after Stella gave birth so didn't know about Sahara.  Here is the information I found after a quick look:

PSA: Kitten 1 - 12:04pm (tortie girl) 102g; Kitten 2 - 12:50pm (calico girl) 108g; Kitten 3 - 1:06pm (panther boy) 103g; Kitten 4 - 1:14pm (tuxie boy) 100g; Kitten 5 - 1:40pm (calico girl) 99g

MAY 21, 2020: Pregnant feral catermelon Sahara joined Stella today in the Feral Maternity Ward. Sahara is from Nano and Grandpa Mason's feral colony, which is adjacent to the Happy Forest. There is a lot of crossover between cats at these two colonies, so chances are good these two have crossed paths and/or are closely or remotely related. Feral mamas are generally pretty accustomed to raising their kittens with other cats around, but we are monitoring very closely to ensure both mama cats are happy with each other's companionship.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Marp ...Sahara is a beauty!...Heck, they all are!...So good to see you!...Take good care and stay well!  Cat Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove @Marp @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness 

I've been checking on and off and when did Stella get a roommate?

How long was I away?

Weren't we on Stella watch for over a montha and poof - kittens?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Marp @Yahooey @MyShadowLove @Witchy Woman  and all,

Well, I missed the whole birth!  And I was checking in quite often, thought Sahara would hold out like the rest seem to do.

5 new precious kittens - so sweet!  Sahara looks exhausted after all that hard work.  All I keep thinking about is what if she was in the wild yet.  I'm so grateful she has such good care at TK.  Just rest and eat pretty Momma, you deserve it! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp 

@luvmyteddy4 

More kittens Cat LOL

Just what they needed.  In a few weeks, it will be complete chaos at TK.  Well, I think it already is, but even more so.

Sahara is beautiful and it is hard to believe that tiny body had 5 kittens. Hoping they all thrive because I know each and every one will find a loving home.

I caught Shelly feeding the little black kittens and I just had to laugh.  She is transitioning some of them to gushy food and was squeezing it on the mama so the kitten would lick it off.  She is very resourceful that way.

@Marp 

Did your blanket make its way to TK?

I've not done anything so far, but just got another shipment of fabric, so considering it.

Hot and humid in Maryland, but we have a cold front coming through and that makes the air so much nicer!  

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman,  you have me confused with someone that sew lol.  I haven't been making blankets.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.